F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > AI should be regulated?
proTUNING Freaks

08-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Postcab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jag XE

AI should be regulated?

In a real life Terminator type vision of the future, Elon Musk and others are warning that AI should be regulated. Apparently the Cyber Defence industry isn't too far away from launching autonomous killing machines for the Pentagon.

He goes on to say that there is 'vastly more risk than North Korea'.

Frightens me. What should we do?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Nothing, it'll open the door for custom built sex bots, I'm excited.
Appreciate 1
Postcab120.50
      08-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Nothing, it'll open the door for custom built sex bots, I'm excited.
Every now and then someone on this forum posts something which is absolutely quality.

Spat my drink right out!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #4
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Makes a change from your dummy.
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 2
Mr NSB139.00
      08-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Makes a change from your dummy.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #6
bodtwo
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Unplug them?
      08-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postcab View Post
In a real life Terminator type vision of the future, Elon Musk and others are warning that AI should be regulated. Apparently the Cyber Defence industry isn't too far away from launching autonomous killing machines for the Pentagon.

He goes on to say that there is 'vastly more risk than North Korea'.

Frightens me. What should we do?
Elon Musk prob doesnt even have a CS degree.. he's no idea what he's talking about.
There is no AI .. its all rules-based and rules based feedback loops they call "learning" .. theres more intelligence in a fly than in our "AI" .. does our computing have horsepower? Oh yea lots of computing power.. no brains
can rules kill you? YES when the designer never anticipated a rule or how it behaves.. this is why I am not looking forward to "autonomous" cars
can a rules based military robot like those from Boston Scientific kill you? YES its just following its rules from what it sees within bounds of those rules
Will htey take over and enslave humanity.. uh we are lightyears from that my friend dont be frightened.. I'd be more frightened of other "humans"
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #8
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodtwo View Post
Unplug them?
Doesn't work if you're too late.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
bodtwo
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Doesn't work if you're too late.

Bollox, now you've got me paranoid, what if one of those original Sony aibo robot dog things becomes sentient after being butt fucked by a radio active woollyback from sellafield?

Could it go back in time and cock block trumps father? Could it save us all from impending doom? Or would it just do the rubby-rubby thing against that bint from countdown?
      08-21-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D X-Drive

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
government cant even regulate internet so no hopes there, AI will end probably regulating internet and self driving cars... and the government
Current Ride: 2020 G20 M340i in Metallic Black Sapphire with Individual Full Merino Ivory White and Piano Black Trim Previous Ride1: 2014 F30 M Sport 320D X-Drive Auto, Dakota Beige Leather, M Sport Brakes, Adaptive M Suspension, Paddle Shifters, 19" 403 Alloys, Folding Mirrors, Pro Sat Nav & Harman Kardon Surround Sound. Previous Ride2: 2004 E46 M Sport 320CI Auto, Montana Beige Leather & 18" 135M Alloys.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Postcab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jag XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Elon Musk prob doesnt even have a CS degree.. he's no idea what he's talking about.
There is no AI .. its all rules-based and rules based feedback loops they call "learning" .. theres more intelligence in a fly than in our "AI" .. does our computing have horsepower? Oh yea lots of computing power.. no brains
can rules kill you? YES when the designer never anticipated a rule or how it behaves.. this is why I am not looking forward to "autonomous" cars
can a rules based military robot like those from Boston Scientific kill you? YES its just following its rules from what it sees within bounds of those rules
Will htey take over and enslave humanity.. uh we are lightyears from that my friend dont be frightened.. I'd be more frightened of other "humans"
But he is a visionary.

I presume he's saying that we need to regulate the development of this technology because if he's right and the development of hardware does become ‘double exponential’ it will be on us much quicker than the AI coders would have us believe.

If the current US administration doesn't believe in Climate Change, then getting them to make a stand on Deep Learning systems will be a challenge...

Now all I need to do is look out for the 'Cyberdyne Systems' stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #12
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postcab View Post
But he is a visionary.

I presume he's saying that we need to regulate the development of this technology because if he's right and the development of hardware does become ‘double exponential’ it will be on us much quicker than the AI coders would have us believe.

If the current US administration doesn't believe in Climate Change, then getting them to make a stand on Deep Learning systems will be a challenge...

Now all I need to do is look out for the 'Cyberdyne Systems' stock.
AI doesnt exist
automation does
thats the greater danger
the automation of factories & everything else of which humanity should benefit from however in the structure of power which exists.. its not humanity which benefits from automation its the asset owners ..now are they going to share the wealth.. history and human behavior says no
the automation of "policing" & military urban extermination
automation != AI

As far as visionary.. Tesla was a true visionary.. Musk is a dime a dozen I've met many at top tier engineering schools whom are as visionary as he
Appreciate 0