F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > H&R Super Sports Srings are ON!! AW 335i M-Sport
Extreme Powerhouse

10-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
brentmeister7592
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Thumbs up H&R Super Sports Srings are ON!! AW 335i M-Sport

Well I finally had the Super Sports installed on my car. I had purchased them prior to taking delivery of the car, but after getting a few different opinions I was hesitant to have them installed. Well I pulled the trigger... I couldn't stand the 4x4 look anymore

My Review:
I got a few people telling me that the ride is bouncy, and rough, etc... Well that is anything but the truth! The car ride just as smooth as factory, and in my opinion BETTER! I would say it is about 15% firmer than stock in normal driving conditions. However in the turns it is a different creature. No more sway, and rid of most of the body roll. The car really handles much much better and hugs the road. I couldn't be happier with the way it sits and the way it drives! Speed bumps and misc. bumps in the road are not harsh, and no bounciness at all. If you got in the car and didn't know about the springs, it would be very difficult to tell anything was done at all! If I can give one piece of advice to everyone on here... DO IT!

Some before it went in the air...

And after...

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

I want to be supportive of your decision... But find the super sport too low. Car looses some of its "class". That said, if you're happy with it... That's all that matters.
      10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

much better

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post
Well I finally had the Super Sports installed on my car. I had purchased them prior to taking delivery of the car, but after getting a few different opinions I was hesitant to have them installed. Well I pulled the trigger... I couldn't stand the 4x4 look anymore

My Review:
I got a few people telling me that the ride is bouncy, and rough, etc... Well that is anything but the truth! The car ride just as smooth as factory, and in my opinion BETTER! I would say it is about 15% firmer than stock in normal driving conditions. However in the turns it is a different creature. No more sway, and rid of most of the body roll. The car really handles much much better and hugs the road. I couldn't be happier with the way it sits and the way it drives! Speed bumps and misc. bumps in the road are not harsh, and no bounciness at all. If you got in the car and didn't know about the springs, it would be very difficult to tell anything was done at all! If I can give one piece of advice to everyone on here... DO IT!

And after...

where did you get those installed and how much did they charge you?
      10-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
UhhItsANT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592

My Review:

And after...

Finally I see one with stock 18" wheels!!

If possible can you get a tape measure and take some pictures with showing the front bumper and side skirt height off the ground. I just want to know about how high up it is due to my driveway. I can't go in that much of an angle on it because its narrow on the sidewalk part. Want to know if it'll clear before I order the super sport springs.

Also can you tell me if the oil pan or anything is hanging lower then the side skirt off the ground.

Ps. My car is still on order so I don't have it to look it. But I'm planning on putting in super sport spring after I get it.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #6
brandon @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I love the last picture, it actually makes the stock 18's look good!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #7
BMoutlaW
Team Blop
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

dam you have me all super excited for mine now. Getting the same drop and either putting some HRE p43's on it or gt4's. Now go out there and slay some females your cars nasty.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
BMoutlaW
Team Blop
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
I want to be supportive of your decision... But find the super sport too low. Car looses some of its "class". That said, if you're happy with it... That's all that matters.
If he wanted to be classy he would've gotten the luxury line lol That said, M sport kit looks way better.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
I agree!

At some angles they look like the M5 reps?

I'm quite liking the stock 18's now...would really prefer the 19's but these 18's are looking pretty cool!

I like how your car sits OP. I have H&R Sport Springs coming in instead of Super Sports because we got really bad roads here in Canada.

Good luck and enjoy ur awesome ride!
      10-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Looking goof!
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
driver911
Private
Rep
Drives: f30 335 m sport RWD

Look good.
Now I'm thinking of doing it
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
brentmeister7592
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
where did you get those installed and how much did they charge you?
I actually got it installed at USP Motorsports. I couldn't tell you how much it would be, because that's actually my place of employment. But you could just give us a call and get a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
Finally I see one with stock 18" wheels!!

If possible can you get a tape measure and take some pictures with showing the front bumper and side skirt height off the ground. I just want to know about how high up it is due to my driveway. I can't go in that much of an angle on it because its narrow on the sidewalk part. Want to know if it'll clear before I order the super sport springs.

Also can you tell me if the oil pan or anything is hanging lower then the side skirt off the ground.

Ps. My car is still on order so I don't have it to look it. But I'm planning on putting in super sport spring after I get it.

Thanks a lot in advance.
I'll get back to you on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
That was exactly my first thought when I saw it. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoutlaW View Post
dam you have me all super excited for mine now. Getting the same drop and either putting some HRE p43's on it or gt4's. Now go out there and slay some females your cars nasty.
I like where your heads at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I agree!

At some angles they look like the M5 reps?

I'm quite liking the stock 18's now...would really prefer the 19's but these 18's are looking pretty cool!

I like how your car sits OP. I have H&R Sport Springs coming in instead of Super Sports because we got really bad roads here in Canada.

Good luck and enjoy ur awesome ride!
Yeah, I was really eager to change them out... Now I can honestly say that i'm pretty happy with these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver911 View Post
Look good.
Now I'm thinking of doing it
DO IT! You wont regret it. I actually regret going thee past 2 months or so without them!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
driver911
Private
Rep
Drives: f30 335 m sport RWD

Maybe if I lives in Florida.
In ny I will loose my front bumper
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

a little to low for me, but very nice stance!!!
      10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
USP Motorsports isnt that the place that built the fastest MK3 Jetta? I left the VAG world and still see VAG tuning shops still popping up on this forum...LOL

It seems harder to find specialty tuners like USP Motorsports and Wolfcars here in south FL for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
brentmeister7592
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
USP Motorsports isnt that the place that built the fastest MK3 Jetta? I left the VAG world and still see VAG tuning shops still popping up on this forum...LOL

It seems harder to find specialty tuners like USP Motorsports and Wolfcars here in south FL for BMW.
Yeah, we now have the S4 with the VR6 Turbo. Setting some new records. The Jetta now sits in the middle of the showroom. Were actually venturing into the BMW market now that we have all of the resources. Should have an N20 and N55 downpipe in production within the next few months hopefully. What were you driving before?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I was talking to a guy who works for a shop called rebel racing. he said they can do BMW stuff.
      10-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, we now have the S4 with the VR6 Turbo. Setting some new records. The Jetta now sits in the middle of the showroom. Were actually venturing into the BMW market now that we have all of the resources. Should have an N20 and N55 downpipe in production within the next few months hopefully. What were you driving before?
Nice, cant wait to see what you guys come out with.

Here is my track record: MK2 Jetta, MK3 Gti VR6, MKV Gti, 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I was talking to a guy who works for a shop called rebel racing. he said they can do BMW stuff.
But do they specialize or they can work on BMW?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #20
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
But do they specialize or they can work on BMW?
yea, they can work on BMW he said. They are a porsche racing team that also own a shop that works on cars.
      10-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:

I got a few people telling me that the ride is bouncy, and rough, etc... Well that is anything but the truth! The car ride just as smooth as factory, and in my opinion BETTER! I would say it is about 15% firmer than stock in normal driving conditions. However in the turns it is a different creature. No more sway, and rid of most of the body roll. The car really handles much much better and hugs the road. I couldn't be happier with the way it sits and the way it drives! Speed bumps and misc. bumps in the road are not harsh, and no bounciness at all. If you got in the car and didn't know about the springs, it would be very difficult to tell anything was done at all! If I can give one piece of advice to everyone on here...
First off, congrats on your car. Quick question if you don't mind:

I came off of an E90 M-Sport which had a suspension that was just too firm, to0 harsh, every pothole I hit created a jarring explosion, was awful. My family hated it, never wanted to drive in it. So I purchased an F30 Luxury line which I am very happy with.

Needless to say an F30 Luxury suspension is soft in the turns with a lack of road hugging and body roll. Not at all like my E90 M-Sport. I was under the impression that getting an F30 M-Sport with either the Sport suspension or the M-Sport suspension would solve that, but in reading your post above you're saying that even both of those suspensions aren't tight and have body roll?

I want to tighten up my F30 Luxury, am waiting for Koni FSD's to come out on the advice of a friend. But I'm thinking that if your M-Sport had body roll and was sloppy in the corners, will those Koni's even help me?

BJ
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
brentmeister7592
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
First off, congrats on your car. Quick question if you don't mind:

I came off of an E90 M-Sport which had a suspension that was just too firm, to0 harsh, every pothole I hit created a jarring explosion, was awful. My family hated it, never wanted to drive in it. So I purchased an F30 Luxury line which I am very happy with.

Needless to say an F30 Luxury suspension is soft in the turns with a lack of road hugging and body roll. Not at all like my E90 M-Sport. I was under the impression that getting an F30 M-Sport with either the Sport suspension or the M-Sport suspension would solve that, but in reading your post above you're saying that even both of those suspensions aren't tight and have body roll?

I want to tighten up my F30 Luxury, am waiting for Koni FSD's to come out on the advice of a friend. But I'm thinking that if your M-Sport had body roll and was sloppy in the corners, will those Koni's even help me?

BJ
If your aim is a soft comfortable ride over bumps or "driving on a cloud" kind of thing, springs are definitely not for you. Or your family! But if you want to get rid of the body roll without ride compromise, I would definitely recommend doing sway bars. The shocks would help you, but not too much, and it would effect ride quality to a small degree.
Appreciate 0