F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > 2017 Facelift
GetBMWParts

03-24-2016, 03:27 AM   #23
SDH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
Your opinion does not offend me, your style does.

I'm looking forward to this facelift but not because of the visual upgrades. The new engine range and options that will be available are my main interests.
I'm totally in love with the looks of my car so I guess we can make some cheap jokes about my taste too...

Good luck with your project!

Not sure how defending myself against a derogatory comment can be classed as trolling, if anything I felt this comment was trolling me.

Yes, there are multiple quotes but that's because it makes no sense that the member who attacked me as a person (when I commented on a car) actually admits himself that its not the greatest looking vehicle.

I will say it again, I did follow up my comment with an apology to anyone who likes or owns one of these cars thinking that would cool things should others not agree.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 03:41 AM   #24
SDH
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid64k View Post
You really need to take a chill pill!

So what's my crime here?

The fact that I agreed with another persons comment:

I made no comment,

Play nice now.
I felt a bit aggrieved by the assumption of my age/character in the comment he made (and its delivery) the way I see it if you repost it with the +1 (I agree) then that's pretty much you saying the same thing hence me kind of cc'ing you in on my reply

As for taking the chill pill you're right. But I also thought the same about the member who wrote that comment about me. My thoughts were "blimey I made a comment about the way a car looks not about this guys wife/girlfriend/mother etc "
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:27 AM   #25
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
Not sure how defending myself against a derogatory comment can be classed as trolling, if anything I felt this comment was trolling me.

Yes, there are multiple quotes but that's because it makes no sense that the member who attacked me as a person (when I commented on a car) actually admits himself that its not the greatest looking vehicle.

I will say it again, I did follow up my comment with an apology to anyone who likes or owns one of these cars thinking that would cool things should others not agree.
I wasn't talking about how you reacted to the comments that you have received before - damn, I even urge you to defend yourself if you are being misjudged. I'm saying that expressing your opinion that way at the first time was at least challenging.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #26
SDH
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
I wasn't talking about how you reacted to the comments that you have received before - damn, I even urge you to defend yourself if you are being misjudged. I'm saying that expressing your opinion that way at the first time was at least challenging.
OK understood, I've had a pm with someone on this thread an he rightly pointed out that maybe I misjudged the love some people have for their cars, I accept this. One things for sure, the 1st comment was most definitely not meant to be trolling, that's why I added the apology at the end to try and stop it being escalated.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #27
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

At last , having bought a 328gt last year I have been lurking on the background of this forum waiting for some signs of life😜

Thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread, I might stick around now
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2016, 10:29 AM   #28
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

It's all good SDH.

Glad we can resolve the simple things of life.

Sometimes texts or forum posts can be misunderstood.

but we have found a happy medium today.
      03-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #29
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
At last , having bought a 328gt last year I have been lurking on the background of this forum waiting for some signs of life��

Thank you to all those that have contributed to this thread, I might stick around now
We are just more sensible here
      03-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #30
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid64k View Post
We are just more sensible here
Which includes being far more concerned with how our cars work than how they look. It might not have been the poster's intent, but it seemed that he was, as many juveniles of all ages have, dismissing the worth of the GT just because it won't win many beauty contests. If you can't see past the GT looks and appreciate it for what it is you just don't get it.

Last edited by Billfitz; 03-24-2016 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #31
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I actually quite like the looks of the GT.

I didn't love pictures of it when it first came out but once I saw them at my dealer with the sport line and M-sport I really liked it. It's not as sleek as the 4GC but I think it has a lot of presence and I really like the front with the M-sport package.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 04:19 PM   #32
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
It's not as sleek as the 4GC but I think it has a lot of presence and I really like the front with the M-sport package.
The GT is like Kim Kardashian. Just about everyone likes the view from the front, but opinion is seriously divided about the view from the rear.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #33
SDH
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Which includes being far more concerned with how our cars work than how they look. It might not have been the poster's intent, but it seemed that he was, as many juveniles of all ages have, dismissing the worth of the GT just because it won't win many beauty contests. If you can't see past the GT looks and appreciate it for what it is you just don't get it.
Assuming this is regarding me.

To clarify, no definitely not dismissing the cars worth because I don't like the looks of it. I do at least agree with you that would be juvenile.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #34
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
If you can't see past the GT looks and appreciate it for what it is you just don't get it.
Appreciating the actual concept of the vehicle is something that seems to escape a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
I actually quite like the looks of the GT.

I didn't love pictures of it when it first came out but once I saw them at my dealer with the sport line and M-sport I really liked it. It's not as sleek as the 4GC but I think it has a lot of presence and I really like the front with the M-sport package.
Agreed, when I was walking out of my dealer ship, I saw a GT at the corner of my eye and I asked the dealer "What's that?"

He Said it's called a GT....took it for a drive and i was sold.
      03-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #35
tigerswimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i GT

"weird looking"??
Appreciate 0