F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android and BMW Apps: possible solution...
Extreme Powerhouse

05-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #67
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

After using Cyanogenmod for a few days I can say with confidence that emails are not being synchronized.

I read a post on another forum that indicated only emails from the default email application are synchronized, but this is a non-starter for me. Calendar items and tasks are also not synchronized but apparently this would require addition of the SyncML profile.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #68
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Yeah emails are not shown, probably for the best.. I get too many of them lol

For now, I noticed only one complain of Cyanogen... my Bluetooth seems not to be constant when using Wifi Tethering. It looks as if it goes up and down, constantly gets dropped. I tried to search for an answer but only found people who had the same problem with Cyanogen... While I like the SMS text messages being shown, no constant Bluetooth is a major let down as I often get called while I'm driving. Guess I'll have to see if I can find another mod, or perhaps should go back stock lol

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #69
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

You probably have a newer phone than I do, so you could try a CM9 nightly to see if it's fixed there.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #70
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
You probably have a newer phone than I do, so you could try a CM9 nightly to see if it's fixed there.
lol new? it's a Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S), 2 years old.. it's waiting to be replaced lol

It's ok for now, I can live for the next few months by choosing either Bluetooth or my Apps, then all should be better =)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #71
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just bringing this topic up since I was able to test it with another phone besides my old Galaxy S.. tested it with the HTC One X (and will soon with the S3) and no issues now with the bluetooth

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #72
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Just bringing this topic up since I was able to test it with another phone besides my old Galaxy S.. tested it with the HTC One X (and will soon with the S3) and no issues now with the bluetooth
Thanks for the info Svache, just happens to be the same phone I got recently
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #73
Mechnarien
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 X5 40e AWD

Garage List
Wow! this is great!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #74
terpnut
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Any updates on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #75
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Now if only we could get Android emails and text messages to be read by the system.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S and my text messages show in the "messages" screen on iDrive. I can "play" them too (it's so funny to hear the female robot voice read text messages!) I don't know how or if I can see e mail messages though.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #76
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy S and my text messages show in the "messages" screen on iDrive. I can "play" them too (it's so funny to hear the female robot voice read text messages!) I don't know how or if I can see e mail messages though.
At the time when that post was made last year MAP profile was definitely not commonplace and I had to use a custom phone ROM (Cyanogenmod in my case) to get the MAP profile enabled.

Now with my Samsung Galaxy S3, SMS synchronization worked "out of the box" so to speak. I don't know whether this is new Android support for the MAP profile or whether it is a Samsung addition, but comments on the Google bug tracker suggest that it's added by third parties rather than by Google itself.

I believe that emails only work with Blackberry so far though.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #77
keano16
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Bringing an old topic to life. So if I do not have any BMW Connected I can still use Facebook since it will be pulling that data from an iPhone/iPod connected to a wifi of my phone?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #78
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Just installed the app but wont be getting my car for another week so I dont have away to test. Just wondering, in the first profile you created, does that turn the bluetooth on automatically, or do you have to manually turn it on, and once connected, it will automatically trigger the wifi tether?