F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 72 hours to getting my car!
GetBMWParts

03-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #67
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post
venkata.

Lovely colour isn't it.
When you mentioned it came up to the dealership on the transporter, that got me thinking, my one is going to be very dirty with the salt on the roads probably.
I have instructed my dealer not to wash it. I can imagine my wifes face when she sees the bonnet & roof spotless, after the protection has been removed, with the rest of the bodywork manky.
It's such a nice colour and suits the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
I've been out in my cold garage sat in the car and I now have text messages and emails displaying on the screen. I followed all the setup instructions in the thread link in my last post. The system even reads out the messages .

It may be a random unrelated fix but I set the sender of the email as a VIP on my iPhone5 and the email was then received. I received another email from a non VIP and that email displayed on the screen too. I will see if it still works on the drive into work in the morning.

I have tried to reply to a text message using the inbuilt dragon dictate which recorded the message but I couldn't send it via the IPhone - i will try again tomorrow.

Just think the BMW main dealer said the iPhone can't do any of this whilst saying a Blackberry has full functionality !
Was getting funny looks from the neighbours while sitting in the car configurin the phone, so i will check settings tomoz.

I though dragon was an additional paid for service you had to activate on BMW's website???

Blackberrys!!! Yes I heard about these devices, aren't they an endangered species now close to extinction.
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #68
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
It doesn't support any iPhone I'm afraid. Shame as the dictate works really well but won't actually send.
I wondered why the iPhone was greyed out on the display
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
What you going to coat it with I'm going with Carpro C Quartz
My detailer uses Max Protect ceramic sealant.
Going to go for that recommendtion.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #70
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post
My detailer uses Max Protect ceramic sealant.
Going to go for that recommendtion.
Sounds good the guy used to work for Getechniq I believe is Stevie at Black Magic doing it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #71
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Sounds good the guy used to work for Getechniq I believe is Stevie at Black Magic doing it
Yep!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #72
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Sport Line

Nice car. What do you use the tax disc for? I'm in a different country lol can you show me where you stick it?
'09 E90 323i M-Sport | '08 MKV GTI | '02 MINI Cooper | '99 E46 318i Exec
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #73
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chilli View Post
Nice car. What do you use the tax disc for? I'm in a different country lol can you show me where you stick it?
The Tax disc holds the paper copy showing you have paid the annual cost of the Vehicle Excise duty. This Duty is based on the CO2 emissions of the Car. For the 320D this is £30 per year. For a 335i this is £260 per year.

The common location is on the inside of the windscreen bottom right hand corner (passenger side)...
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #74
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
The Tax disc holds the paper copy showing you have paid the annual cost of the Vehicle Excise duty. This Duty is based on the CO2 emissions of the Car. For the 320D this is £30 per year. For a 335i this is £260 per year.

The common location is on the inside of the windscreen bottom right hand corner (passenger side)...
Nice, can you show me what it looks like? Here in HK we have a similar piece of paper that we stick onto the corner of the screen, but it is for Registration. I find it ugly so I want to find something nice to stick it in

Is your Duty paper shaped in a circle so it fits specifically into this disc? Or is it like a regular piece of paper that you fold/cut so that it fits? I'm wondering if the tax disc is big enough for my ugly registration paper. Even while I'm typing this I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm being so vain now that I have a new car

*EDIT* Nevermind, I googled what your tax disc looks like and it is already a circle. I don't think I can shape my rectangular piece of paper into a circle to fit it into the tax disc. Thanks anyway
'09 E90 323i M-Sport | '08 MKV GTI | '02 MINI Cooper | '99 E46 318i Exec

Last edited by funky_chilli; 06-25-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0