F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Car ordered....patiently waiting....
Extreme Powerhouse

03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #111
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Seeing as this is becoming a bit of a 320d love in, I'll join in

For me, the 320d is enough of an engine for day to day driving. Yes, the 330d may have the extra oomph but that's not what I wanted. Ok, when I ordered mine the 320 was as good as it got but even if the 330 had been available I don't think I would have been able to justify it for the few times I would use that extra power. Gone are the days when I want a car that can beat all others off the line when that traffic light goes green.

Like has been previously said the engine is more than enough for day to day driving and that is enough to keep me happy (for now at least )
      03-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #112
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Arrived:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821350
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #113
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Hi folks.

Just a couple of points to let you all know on how my handover went today.

Picked my motor up earlier today, not valated on the bodywork as requested.
It was given a quick light power wash & left to dry. They never attempted to clean the insides of the windows, and there seems to be smearing all over them.
Job for me this weekend cleaing them, as i don't intend the car to get paint protected/detailed untill a couple of weeks or so.

The car was sitting in the dealerships handover bay as i arrived, noticed when walking round & inspecting, that the black grills they had fitted were not secure. one of the clips or bolts had broken causing the grill to move. Although it probably won't not fall out, it's not fitted correctly.
Service manager had a look, to say new grills are needed & there is a two week delay in back orders.

Salesman done an excellent job on explaining the idrive, settings & what not
Took car back home, had another look at the smearing on the windscreen, to notice no bloody road tax had been attached.. Just as well i didn't go for a long run as origially intended.
Jumped into my other car, pronto back to the dealer. As soon as he saw me came running with the disc, laughing & joking, but no apologies though.

Just goes to show how excited you are when picking up a new motor, on not noticing a tax disc. I remembered to take my tax out of the PX.

Gave the motor a bit of a run just as it was getting dark to get a feel on the handling & the visibilty pack. Most impressd.

Sorry for being a bit long winded on the above

Pictures & review to follow.

PS.
Anybody with the heated steering wheel ?
This option was ticked, but doesn't seem to be working. It take it, there is no switch or anything & it should just heat up ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HiBee; 03-28-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #114
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post
Hi folks.

Just a couple of points to let you all know on how my handover went today.

Picked my motor up earlier today, not valated on the bodywork as requested.
It was given a quick light power wash & left to dry. They never attempted to clean the insides of the windows, and there seems to be smearing all over them.
Job for me this weekend cleaing them, as i don't intend the car to get paint protected/detailed untill a couple of weeks or so.

The car was sitting in the dealerships handover bay as i arrived, noticed when walking round & inspecting, that the black grills they had fitted were not secure. one of the clips or bolts had broken causing the grill to move. Although it probably won't not fall out, it's not fitted correctly.
Service manager had a look, to say new grills are needed & there is a two week delay in back orders.

Salesman done an excellent job on explaining the idrive, settings & what not
Took car back home, had another look at the smearing on the windscreen, to notice no bloody road tax had been attached.. Just as well i didn't go for a long run as origially intended.
Jumped into my other car, pronto back to the dealer. As soon as he saw me came running with the disc, laughing & joking, but no apologies though.

Just goes to show how excited you are when picking up a new motor, on not noticing a tax disc. I remembered to take my tax out of the PX.

Gave the motor a bit of a run just as it was getting dark to get a feel on the handling & the visibilty pack. Most impressd.

Sorry for being a bit long winded on the above

Pictures & review to follow.

PS.
This option was ticked, but doesn't seem to be working. It take it, there is no switch or anything & it should just heat up ?

Thanks in advance.
Congrats on the new motor

You've no doubt sussed it by now, but there is a steering wheel heat button on the side of the steering column.

Enjoy!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #115
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Congrats on the new motor

You've no doubt sussed it by now, but there is a steering wheel heat button on the side of the steering column.

Enjoy!!!!
Doh!!

Never sussed it. It was dark. To busy enjoying the ultimate driving machine.

What would we do without you.

Cheers.

Last edited by HiBee; 03-28-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #116
Captain Cow Pat
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: VO F31 330d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post

Thanks in advance.
There's a switch on the lefthand side of the steering column.
      03-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #117
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Welcome to the F30 owners club Hibee
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #118
Chris Peacock
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M-Sport

Picked it up yesterday with all going to plan.

First impressions are a bit mixed tbh, power feels very lack lustre and the suspension is very soft for an M-Sport spec....

Expected to have a bit of a come down from the 330d demo vehicle I had but this has surprised me, hoping it will loosen up a bit.

The EBII is gorgeous though and the sunshine is already out making it look great.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #119
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

She looks beautiful Chris!!!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #120
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Lovely car. I've gone with 18" wheels on my order but keep seeing 19" pictures and wondering if I should have them instead, but these pics have reassured me that I'm doing the right thing! Thanks Chris!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #121
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Nice looker Chris, congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #122
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peacock View Post

Picked it up yesterday with all going to plan.

First impressions are a bit mixed tbh, power feels very lack lustre and the suspension is very soft for an M-Sport spec....

Expected to have a bit of a come down from the 330d demo vehicle I had but this has surprised me, hoping it will loosen up a bit.

The EBII is gorgeous though and the sunshine is already out making it look great.
Congrats Looks fantastic in that Spring Sun lucky man loving it
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #123
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Looks great Christ.

When are you taking the winter wheels off? Must be soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #124
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Hibee congrats look forward to review and pics soon, the car was what i planned to go for and had prices and spec then after having the e46 330 M S port and current e90 330d M Sport i was worried i would miss the torque and manual , but hey few test drives and i started to like the auto
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #125
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper
Lovely car. I've gone with 18" wheels on my order but keep seeing 19" pictures and wondering if I should have them instead, but these pics have reassured me that I'm doing the right thing! Thanks Chris!
I wanted to go 19" just because they're bigger. But IMO the 18" wheels looked better and would be a diddle to clean.

I've just washed my car and I have to say cleaning the wheels are much easier than the MV2s on my e46.

I can even get my hand inside the alloy and clean that too.

The other reason was to endure a more comfort ride. But I never tried the 19" to say they are comfier. Lots of debate on this forum about the comfort, but all I can say you will be happy with the 18s

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #126
RedPepper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
I wanted to go 19" just because they're bigger. But IMO the 18" wheels looked better and would be a diddle to clean.

I've just washed my car and I have to say cleaning the wheels are much easier than the MV2s on my e46.

I can even get my hand inside the alloy and clean that too.

The other reason was to endure a more comfort ride. But I never tried the 19" to say they are comfier. Lots of debate on this forum about the comfort, but all I can say you will be happy with the 18s

I must admit I wanted the 19" wheels as my last car had 20" (Jaguar XF Diesel S) and I like the look of big alloys, but my wife "reminded" me that the truly abyssmal state of the road to my village had cost me £1200 in replacement wheels on the Jag (2 buckled fronts) and that when I sold the car I was convinced that another was damaged.

So wheels with 35 profile tyres were out of the question. That said, I'm not sure that 45/40 profile is that much better, but it got past "The Auditor" as the sensible option!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #127
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

My car still slated for 16th. With these deliveries and mine being at port for a week I hoped it would come sooner.

Still mad at myself for not ordering Xenons and HKs. I really need to get over it - will have this car for at least 3 years.

Chris, your car looks great.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #128
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolight View Post
My car still slated for 16th. With these deliveries and mine being at port for a week I hoped it would come sooner.

Still mad at myself for not ordering Xenons and HKs. I really need to get over it - will have this car for at least 3 years.

Chris, your car looks great.
Have you compared the standard audio against hk? I havent tbh but im more than happy with the standard speaker and pro hu, easily the best sound system ive had in a car and 10 times better than my e87 1 series.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #129
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Have you compared the standard audio against hk? I havent tbh but im more than happy with the standard speaker and pro hu, easily the best sound system ive had in a car and 10 times better than my e87 1 series.
To be honest - it's the xenons more than anything that are killing me - it's almost enough for me to forgoe the £500 deposit and walk away. I only wish I'd found this forum before I ordered rather than 3 weeks after. All these pictures of LED ring cars isn't helping.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #130
Banksy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
To be honest - it's the xenons more than anything that are killing me - it's almost enough for me to forgoe the £500 deposit and walk away. I only wish I'd found this forum before I ordered rather than 3 weeks after. All these pictures of LED ring cars isn't helping.
Might not be too late to change. Did you check whether the car has gone into build? If not you should be ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #131
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
If you didn't know about it before does it actually make a difference to you? It's only after reading and seeing the differences that you're thinking about it. To the driver there's not a huge difference and perhaps with a bulb change you're much closer to the xenon effect anyway.

Now if you're feeling his way coz you wanted the adaptives, then that might be worth negotiating with the dealer. They shouldn't be losin too much if anything by keeping that car and ordering another for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #132
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

I didn't immediately realise the led rings were xenon only, however initial reasoning was that the hoodies had tried to steal my Xenons twice off the R32 causing a lot of damage, so I had decided against. I knew nothing of the HK audio at the time. 2.5 weeks later I was educated but the car was already past changes. It's due in two weeks. I'm trying to talk myself into ignoring lack of Xenons. To an extent they are a cosmetic beauty that only others see. The adaptive lights look very cool though.
Appreciate 0