F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > AU F30 Pricing
ARMA SPEED

04-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #287
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_F31_EBII View Post
Well make sure include the extended Bluetooth which allow Bluetooth streaming for iOS and android - a must to my opinion. For 87k on road, should include xenon w at least high beam assist (useful on the dark road) and adaptive headlight, sunroof.

For sedan, comfort access might not be that useful unless u have the f31 touring. Rear camera is handy. Heated front seat is also nice in winter

There are quite a few my13.5 demo on sales in carsales.com.au. Might be better to see those demo, probably only standard 328 sat nav business.

Good luck.
That was with sunroof just forgot to put it in the list as for high beam assist i got it already on my 320i its never never never used,ill look into the Bluetooth streaming.
Might even go for the 320i not sure
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #288
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

For those of you who are considering what options you need, here are my 2 cents. As my car 328i MSport have been at the dealer for a few weeks on warranty work, I've had the chance to drive a 328i Luxury without any options.

- Comfort access is a MUST. I've never had to taken my key out of my pocket when driving my car... It has now become such a hassle to take keys from your pocket just to lock your car... with comfort access I only need to touch the handle to lock it... A kick under the car to open the boot works wonders too! Despite a number of people having problem with it, I never had any issue - you just need to know where and how to kick

- Bi-xeon - Doesn't make much difference in day to day driving with and without. Day time driving light obviously look better with Bi-xeon. Personally it is a must if you drive to the suburbs more... I live in the inner city area so I'm less impacted by it.

- Variable steering - good to have! Variable steering makes the car steer better when turning into tight corners, etc. However, it does cause a bit of inconsistency! Same corner angle at different speed will require different steering angle - this will take you longer to get used to the car

- Adaptive suspension - this option actually made my MSport softer and more comfortable in comfort mode. You won't notice the differece 65-70% of the time in Comfort mode. Normal suspension tend to crash over sequential bumps and humps

- HUD display - I'm in two minds about this. To some extent it makes driving safer and is definitely brilliant when you are using the navigation. Other times it can be a distraction as the glass reflects the HUD panel

- Harmon Kardon - Don't bother with this one. I don't feel any improvement over stock sound system
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #289
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
We've been looking for a 328i Luxury Line brand new - metallic paint, xenon headlights. What sort of prices is everyone paying for their 328i in VIC?

Saw a demo with the same spec for $77k, is that a good deal?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #290
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

I know I'm not in Vic but I bought mine brand new with many more extras than you have listed and mine was a few grand cheaper.

Based on that, it sounds too high and I'm sure if you want it and they want to move it you can negotiate quite a bit off.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #291
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
We've been looking for a 328i Luxury Line brand new - metallic paint, xenon headlights. What sort of prices is everyone paying for their 328i in VIC?

Saw a demo with the same spec for $77k, is that a good deal?
No.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #292
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Forgot they will also throw in 4 yrs free scheduled service.

$77k is their advertised price, I just want to know the ballpark figure if I were to negotiate with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #293
PikaBitca
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i F30

General price query and bonus suspension question

Hi guys,

First time poster and BMW owner here, so apologies in advance if i seem ignorant.

Always wanted to own a 3, but could never afford it. Closest i got was a second hand 1.8T Audi A4 and Lexus IS350 FSport. Recently took the plunge though.

I went to a new dealer, Waverley BMW (opened about 3 months ago). Opted for a new 328i they had in stock;

F30 328i (Built Oct 2012)
Alpine White
Sports Line
Xenon headlamps
Sunroof

List price was 79,888 drive away, but managed to haggle them down to 72000. It was their EOFY sale, so got 4 years free servicing thrown in.

Questions;

1) Did I overpay? I know it's too late now, but i'm curious and a glutton for punishment!

2) I've never been much of an options guy, but the only issue i was seriously considering was suspension. Eventually i opted for standard suspension as my only other option was sports suspension with an M trim model (which i do not like the looks of), and while test driving i did not really feel much difference between the two. I did not test drive a car with adaptive suspension. However, after driving to Healesville and feeling the body roll myself, and reading comments around the internet, i'm reconsidering.

Is it even possible to retrofit adaptive suspension to my car? Is it practical, and at what price? What about regular sports suspension? Do I have to go back for the dealer for this or should i consider third party parts, and what are the warranty implications?

I hope someone can help me out, any help is much appreciated.

P.S. Any other tips and tricks for a new F30 owner like myself? Anything to look out for etc?

Last edited by PikaBitca; 05-15-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #294
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaBitca View Post
Hi guys,

First time poster and BMW owner here, so apologies in advance if i seem ignorant.

Always wanted to own a 3, but could never afford it. Closest i got was a second hand 1.8T Audi A4 and Lexus IS350 FSport. Recently took the plunge though.

I went to a new dealer, Waverley BMW (opened about 3 months ago). Opted for a new 328i they had in stock;

Alpine White
Sports Line
Xenon headlamps
Sunroof

List price was 79,888 drive away, but managed to haggle them down to 72000. It was their EOFY sale, so got 4 years free servicing thrown in.

Questions;

1) Did I overpay? I know it's too late now, but i'm curious and a glutton for punishment!
Looks like you got a pretty good deal in my opinion. I definitely wouldn't say you overpaid.

Quote:
2) I've never been much of an options guy, but the only issue i was seriously considering was suspension. Eventually i opted for standard suspension as my only other option was sports suspension with an M trim model (which i do not like the looks of), and while test driving i did not really feel much difference between the two. I did not test drive a car with adaptive suspension. However, after driving to Healesville and feeling the body roll myself, and reading comments around the internet, i'm reconsidering.
Much depends on your driving style and what you want from the car. If you like spirited driving then I would say standard suspension is too soft and floaty.

Quote:
Is it even possible to retrofit adaptive suspension to my car? Is it practical, and at what price? What about regular sports suspension? Do I have to go back for the dealer for this or should i consider third party parts, and what are the warranty implications?

I hope someone can help me out, any help is much appreciated.

P.S. Any other tips and tricks for a new F30 owner like myself? Anything to look out for etc?
Retrofiting adaptive suspension, assuming it is even possible, I think would be extremely costly - in the thousands of dollars.

The sports suspension, iirc, is just stiffer springs. I know you can order sports springs and have them installed for around $2000. That will drop the car by 10mm.

Or you can use other aftermarket springs such as Eibach which will drop the car by a bit more (25mm iirc) and cost about $1000 installed.

All the estimated cost are per independent BMW mechanical shop (try Southern BM). BMW, through dealers, also offers M Performance suspension which is the whole works - springs, dampers, anti-roll bars and I think that is a few thousands as well (3.5k plus labour).

Personally I am waiting for aftermarket sway bars to come out then I can change springs and sway bars at the same time.

Warranty is hard to say. I would say at worst only suspension components would be voided.

Last edited by jctg; 05-15-2013 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #295
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Quote:

Alpine White
Sports Line
Xenon headlamps
Sunroof

Welcome to the forum

That's a pretty good deal. Was it a demonstration model or brand new that has not been registered given it was built in October 2012?

Do you know the name of the sale person? PM me if you like.

We've been looking for a 328i with similar options except our preference is luxury line and with metallic paint (Havana).

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #296
PikaBitca
Registered
Rep

Jctg, thank you for your informative post, I will probably drive the car a bit longer before making a decision, though the M performance suspension sounds tempting!

NinjaOz, will PM you soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #297
PikaBitca
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
Welcome to the forum

That's a pretty good deal. Was it a demonstration model or brand new that has not been registered given it was built in October 2012?

Do you know the name of the sale person? PM me if you like.

We've been looking for a 328i with similar options except our preference is luxury line and with metallic paint (Havana).

Cheers
Just realized I can't PM yet!

Anyway, it was a brand new car that had not been registered yet.

The salesman's name was Peter, don't remember the last name specifically (italian sounding name starting with a P). Wasn't the best salesman i encountered, but he was open to negotiations which was the most important thing. He also bent over backwards to expedite delivery, which was good.

The final drive away price was actually 74000 down from 79888, but he added 2000 to the value of my trade in to match my asking price.

Mention my name to him (Adam), that might also help. I saw a few luxury line 328is, so good luck!

Last edited by PikaBitca; 05-15-2013 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: Clarifying a few things
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #298
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Just realized I can't PM yet!

Anyway, it was a brand new car that had not been registered yet.

The salesman's name was Peter, don't remember the last name specifically (italian sounding name starting with a P). Wasn't the best salesman i encountered, but he was open to negotiations which was the most important thing. He also bent over backwards to expedite delivery, which was good.

The final drive away price was actually 74000 down from 79888, but he added 2000 to the value of my trade in to match my asking price.

Mention my name to him (Adam), that might also help. I saw a few luxury line 328is, so good luck!
Thanks for that Adam, appreciated your assistance. Hopefully he'll look after both of us, will drop by this weekend. If you ever speak to him, tell him you have a mate (Leon) that is looking for a 328i. Most car saleman are dodgy, dont think we could ever be friend with them. lol

Reckon $74k is still a good price as I've been browsing around the web, the cheapest 328i demo is around mid 70s. We prefer a brand new car rather than a car that has been registered for warranty purpose etc.

We have already obtained a few quotes from Doncaster BMW as it is closer to home, will let you how we go.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #299
pmunger
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Bib Stillwell are having a big sale for the next 3 days. (today is invite only)

I suggest you contact

Milos Pavlovic
New Vehicle Consultant
Bib Stillwell BMW
Telephone: 03 9521 2121

Tell him his cuz sent you. (We are not really related)

He rang me today and it sound like they are doing sweet deals that include servicing.

Good luck

Dsclaimer: I have no affiliation with Bib Stillwell, but was very happy with my dealings with them when I recently purchased my 335i
      05-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #300
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmunger View Post
Bib Stillwell are having a big sale for the next 3 days. (today is invite only)

I suggest you contact

Milos Pavlovic
New Vehicle Consultant
Bib Stillwell BMW
Telephone: 03 9521 2121

Tell him his cuz sent you. (We are not really related)

He rang me today and it sound like they are doing sweet deals that include servicing.

Good luck

Dsclaimer: I have no affiliation with Bib Stillwell, but was very happy with my dealings with them when I recently purchased my 335i
Thanks. Most dealers are offering a 4yrs free scheduled servicing on any new cars from now until end of June.

Which dealers does he work at? South Yarra or Canterbury?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #301
pmunger
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

South Yarra
      05-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #302
IndividualF30
I'm an Individual, you can't fool me
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Individual

I have been able to recently negotiate the below for under $80,000, seems like a pretty good deal. The 3 month wait however is less of a good deal

BMW F30 328i Sportline
w/Individual Paint colour
Sun roof
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Adaptive headlights with High-Beam Assist
Navigation Pro
Extended connectivity of Bluetooth/USB with Voice Control
Internet functionality
DAB+ Digital Radio
Harman/Kardon 16 Speaker Sound System
Camera Rear vision
Windscreen with Grey shade band
Lane Change Warning System
Active Cruise Control
Surround View
ACCESSORY - Sport Line handbrake leaver handle (red/black)
Dealer tinting (Darkest Legal - All side/Rear)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #303
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

What would be interesting is for people to scan their paperwork so that there is evidence to back up people's claims.
      05-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #304
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

[QUOTE=AMJAM;14006070]What would be interesting is for people to scan their paperwork so that there is evidence to back up people's claims.[/QUO

That would be very interesting
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #305
IndividualF30
I'm an Individual, you can't fool me
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Individual

That price is through a broker coming from BMW Melbourne, so don't have any BMW paperwork from the dealer, but I can assure you I have paperwork for that price. It is about $5K less than I could negotiate with a dealer (BMW Glen Waverley).
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #306
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndividualF30
I have been able to recently negotiate the below for under $80,000, seems like a pretty good deal. The 3 month wait however is less of a good deal

BMW F30 328i Sportline
w/Individual Paint colour
Sun roof
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Adaptive headlights with High-Beam Assist
Navigation Pro
Extended connectivity of Bluetooth/USB with Voice Control
Internet functionality
DAB+ Digital Radio
Harman/Kardon 16 Speaker Sound System
Camera Rear vision
Windscreen with Grey shade band
Lane Change Warning System
Active Cruise Control
Surround View
ACCESSORY - Sport Line handbrake leaver handle (red/black)
Dealer tinting (Darkest Legal - All side/Rear)
Wow that's a really really sweet deal.. It actually feels more than 15k worth of options if the base is 65k
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #307
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Wow that's a really really sweet deal.. It actually feels more than 15k worth of options if the base is 65k
I wish i could get the same equipment for that deal on my F31... damn, should order the HUD, Surround View, but stretched too far on my negotiated budget price. that will be at least 95k sports line car!

which broker did you use, i will use it next time! :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #308
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

When is a 30% discount not a 30% discount? The price off the printed price list seems to be list price and include LCT and GST. When you ask for the dealers best price, they send you their 'revised' pricing, which looks like a 30% or so reduction, but isn't really - it's just the printed BMW price list price, minus LCT and GST which is, of course, added in again later.

I hate these games.