F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
proTUNING Freaks

09-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #441
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGScuba View Post
Huh? I thought you can. Push the indicator stalk to the point of resistance, then press down (or up) further (i.e., push past the resistance), and the indicator will continue to indicate (no longer self-cancel) until you turn the steering wheel beyond the appropriate angle or until you cancel the indicator manually.
That's the thing, once you get to the appropriate angle and then start to return the wheel to centre, the indicator then cancels. In most of my previous cars, if at that point you continue to hold the indicator stalk down (or up), the indicator remains on but in the F30 it cancels regardless.

Near my home there's a small junction where I turn left. The approach road does a left, then a right just before the left turn. If you indicate left, the right-hander cancels the indicator and you then have to press the stalk down again straight away to keep indicating left. Car is trying to be too clever

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #442
SGScuba
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

Ah, I see. I haven't had occasion to try what you mention, but my old cars kept the indicator switched on when depressed as you mentioned.
Sport AT, Mineral Grey, Black interior, Alum w/ high-gloss black interior trim, Sports seats + Lumbar support, Harman Kardon sound, Nav system Prof, PDC (f+r), Rear view camera, comfort access, Xenon lights.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #443
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

the 19's have the two tone rims but are you saying the 18' for 2013 are two tone? The ones people are posting don't look like they are. Im waiting for your pics too.
      09-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #444
335iAW
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz99 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this too. I had no idea the 18's on the sport line changed from 2012 to 2013. I understand you said its not the style but I'd still like to see what it looks like now.
The difference is subtle, but there. I think I noticed on some other pics in the forum that some owners have the same wheels I do, but I didn't see anyone mention it anywhere.

Maybe I'm just the first to point it out?

Notice the one of the left has a slightly brushed surface with the inside walls of the spokes being slightly darker. Not the case on mine (right).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #445
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

oh yea, i like the newer ones.
      09-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #446
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
oh yea, i like the newer ones.
The older ones are much hotter.

BJ
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #447
335iAW
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
The older ones are much hotter.

BJ
I personally like the newer ones better.

I thought the previous ones looked like Mattel toy wheels.

The new ones look like they mean business.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #448
raceing86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport Melb. Red

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I've had my '13 Sport Line for about 2 weeks now, and something cool that I noticed was that when you put the car into reverse, it lights up the door handle lights, and the fog lights so that it illuminates the ground around you better.
Sport Line, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Sport Auto Trans, Active Cruise Control, Heated Front Seats, Auto High Beams, Parking Assistant, Harmon Kardon
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #449
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceing86 View Post
I've had my '13 Sport Line for about 2 weeks now, and something cool that I noticed was that when you put the car into reverse, it lights up the door handle lights, and the fog lights so that it illuminates the ground around you better.
Really? I had no clue that happens as I'm inside the car.

You sure about that?

BJ
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #450
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuberla View Post
So, when I first saw this thread I thought "oh look, a thread for people who haven't read the manual" . But, now I'm posting here too so I haven't read the manual as well as I thought.

I used cruise control for the first time yesterday and I noticed that a little read light comes on on the outside of the mail speedometer ring to indicate the speed that CC is set to. And the light turns green when CC is on and you're at the speed that's programmed. I think it's a very good-looking way to show this and was a pleasant surprise. I've had my 335i XDrive Sport for two weeks now and it's always nice the be surprised by a feature you never knew about!

h
I agree, it's very cool how they implemented the gauge light.
And cruise control works nicely too. 1 click up and it moves 1mph, 1 click down and 1mph down, with the light indicator moving.
Fancy lighting for something as mundane as cruise control.

I was happily surprised to find a nice cargo net under the trunk floor.
Seems the dealer prep guys missed it. I didn't realize it came with the car.
It's held nicely by 6 nibs that go into the holes in the trunk floor.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #451
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAW View Post
The difference is subtle, but there. I think I noticed on some other pics in the forum that some owners have the same wheels I do, but I didn't see anyone mention it anywhere.

Notice the one of the left has a slightly brushed surface with the inside walls of the spokes being slightly darker. Not the case on mine (right).
I thought BMW changed this a while back?
The wheels on the left are the ones BMW showed on pre-release photo's, but the wheels on the right were the ones the cars actually came with.
The two tone wheels are still shown on BMW's website on 'build your own'.
I could be wrong here, could be bad memory.

I don't recall seeing the "two tone" wheels on any cars from actual forum members picts.
I recall when I first saw the wheels, the ones on the left, and I didn't like the Pontiac style two tone. The wheels on the right look better, I agree.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #452
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
And cruise control works nicely too. 1 click up and it moves 1mph, 1 click down and 1mph down, with the light indicator moving.
You probably have noticed this, but push the lever past the first point of resistance and each click is 5 MPH up and down.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #453
Nitz99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iAW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz99 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this too. I had no idea the 18's on the sport line changed from 2012 to 2013. I understand you said its not the style but I'd still like to see what it looks like now.

Wow I do see the difference. Can anyone else with a 2013 sport line confirm that their wheels changed as well? I'm not thrilled about this as I liked the "two toned" look of the 2012 sport line rims.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #454
ramonE90-NL
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bmw F30 320iA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77
I just added windshield fluid for the first time, once I opened the top, I noticed that it is totally obliterated by a bumpy surface, I poured some fluid on it thinking that the fluid probably won't go through and it but it actually did. I guess they placed that thing with tiny pores to prevent shit from getting in there.
There is a opening in the side, the fluid doesnt go through the bumpy surface
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #455
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
I thought BMW changed this a while back?
The wheels on the left are the ones BMW showed on pre-release photo's, but the wheels on the right were the ones the cars actually came with.
The two tone wheels are still shown on BMW's website on 'build your own'.
I could be wrong here, could be bad memory.

I don't recall seeing the "two tone" wheels on any cars from actual forum members picts.
I recall when I first saw the wheels, the ones on the left, and I didn't like the Pontiac style two tone. The wheels on the right look better, I agree.
I'm a bit lost here, I thought all the sport line rims were always two-tone? Mine car's rims look two-tone to me, but maybe its just my eyes lol.. Im sure everybody's wheels are the two-tone ones on the forum?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #456
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
I'm a bit lost here, I thought all the sport line rims were always two-tone? Mine car's rims look two-tone to me, but maybe its just my eyes lol.. Im sure everybody's wheels are the two-tone ones on the forum?
I don't know. Owners will have to be the read info here.
I just recall seeing the two tone wheels early, and then in later spring it seems BMW changed over.
Yet, the BMW website still shows those wheels in two tone.

I have an Msport, which has different wheels, no two tone.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #457
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
You probably have noticed this, but push the lever past the first point of resistance and each click is 5 MPH up and down.
No I haven't. Thanks for the tip.
I don't use cruise very often, but next time I do I'll check it out.

Is this in the manual? I don't recall reading that.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #458
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know. Owners will have to be the read info here.
I just recall seeing the two tone wheels early, and then in later spring it seems BMW changed over.
Yet, the BMW website still shows those wheels in two tone.

I have an Msport, which has different wheels, no two tone.
You're right about the Msport 19" wheels, they were two-tone in pictures earlier on and it does seem like it has changed now that people have them!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #459
bcl0328
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by einlanzer View Post
The car has a sensor that detects pollutants in the outside air.. how cool is that?
this didn't work very well today. a WRX in front of me got on it and it smelled bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #460
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Is this in the manual? I don't recall reading that.
Yes, although it is one of many tidbits easily missed:
Each time the rocker switch is pressed past
the point of resistance, the desired speed
increases or decreases by a maximum of
5 mph/10 km/h.
As I recall, the first push jumps to the nearest speed which is a multiple of five, and increases/decreases 5 MPH for each following press.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #461
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
this didn't work very well today. a WRX in front of me got on it and it smelled bad.
Works well for me, but I imagine there's a small lag between detection and action. Or maybe my sense of smell is just worse.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #462
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Works well for me, but I imagine there's a small lag between detection and action. Or maybe my sense of smell is just worse.
IIRC, there are two settings for recirc. One the recirc is always on, so no incoming air. The second setting is an "auto" setting where it will go into full recirc if the system senses noxious fumes or smells. Once it's past it will open again to let fresh air in.
I think it's the setting with an "A" in the circle, for 'auto'.
Appreciate 0