F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Woman vs Skater
Extreme Powerhouse
View Poll Results: Who is in the right?
Woman 5 31.25%
Skater 6 37.50%
not clear 1 6.25%
both 0 0%
neither 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

01-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #1
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Woman vs Skater

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #2
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

the security guard
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #3
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Wow, she's a cool old lady
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #4
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Quote:
the security guard
1st video:

If those skateboard kids were warned not to come here, or has a sign, they are trespassing. Kids will get cited. If the lady was owner of property or manager of property, she has all the rights. (eta: I guess depends on the state law) However, I would've just called the local police quietly.

2nd video:
Security guard is a agent of the property. If they said get out, they gotta get out. If not, they are trespassing.
I've seen idiot law students who got detained by security guard and got cited by police after. It was funny that those kids were saying "I am a law student! I am a law student!"
I've overheard from Cop and security guard that they were planning to notify their Dean as well.
      01-02-2015, 03:47 AM   #5
ipso_facto
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M Sport (Sports Auto)

For the first video :

This looks like the front of an office or college block, or possibly some flats. I would be doubtful that the lady is the owner of this property. Acknowledge of course, that she could be the owner of one of the flats - if these are flats.

She is not dressed in a security guard's uniform, so I would be doubtful that she is responsible for the security of this block. I see no security pass, badge or emblem to indicate a position of authority.

What she seems to do, is purposefully body check the skater. She does not warn him that this is what she is going to do. She steps purposefully into his path, fronting her shoulder, to block his way.

The skater then checks on her wellbeing, when she has been knocked to the floor.

After he departs - I think maybe he can see her anger (guess) - she then proceeds with some further aggression on the person filming the skater. She throws some fairly obscene verbal profanity in their direction.

At no point do we hear a retort of verbal abuse, from either the skater or the camera operator.

A 3rd-party feels the need to get engaged, as the camera operator is being attacked by the lady.

The location did not seem to be busy. There was not a high volume of people, in any immediate danger from the skater's actions.

I am uncertain what possible harm the skater could be causing to the steps.

Of course, we do not see a lengthy piece of filming either before, or after the altercation. On the basis of what we see here alone : I believe that the lady was the aggressor and in the wrong.

If she had some form or authority over the property : as already stated : ask them to leave firmly but politely. If this fails, then call the authorities.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Woman always right
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
1st video:

If those skateboard kids were warned not to come here, or has a sign, they are trespassing. Kids will get cited. If the lady was owner of property or manager of property, she has all the rights. (eta: I guess depends on the state law) However, I would've just called the local police quietly.

2nd video:
Security guard is a agent of the property. If they said get out, they gotta get out. If not, they are trespassing.
I've seen idiot law students who got detained by security guard and got cited by police after. It was funny that those kids were saying "I am a law student! I am a law student!"
I've overheard from Cop and security guard that they were planning to notify their Dean as well.
seems like every home owners corporation has one of these people, who wander around public areas dictating to people their own business..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
For the first video :

This looks like the front of an office or college block, or possibly some flats. I would be doubtful that the lady is the owner of this property. Acknowledge of course, that she could be the owner of one of the flats - if these are flats.

She is not dressed in a security guard's uniform, so I would be doubtful that she is responsible for the security of this block. I see no security pass, badge or emblem to indicate a position of authority.

What she seems to do, is purposefully body check the skater. She does not warn him that this is what she is going to do. She steps purposefully into his path, fronting her shoulder, to block his way.

The skater then checks on her wellbeing, when she has been knocked to the floor.

After he departs - I think maybe he can see her anger (guess) - she then proceeds with some further aggression on the person filming the skater. She throws some fairly obscene verbal profanity in their direction.

At no point do we hear a retort of verbal abuse, from either the skater or the camera operator.

A 3rd-party feels the need to get engaged, as the camera operator is being attacked by the lady.

The location did not seem to be busy. There was not a high volume of people, in any immediate danger from the skater's actions.

I am uncertain what possible harm the skater could be causing to the steps.

Of course, we do not see a lengthy piece of filming either before, or after the altercation. On the basis of what we see here alone : I believe that the lady was the aggressor and in the wrong.

If she had some form or authority over the property : as already stated : ask them to leave firmly but politely. If this fails, then call the authorities.
I'm wondering like you whether she is purposely treading into the path of the easy to spot skater - perhaps her intention was to make him alter his course or forcefully acknowledge her presence. It is a wide open are, I highly doubt her destination required her to cross his path.. rather it seemed like she was looking for trouble. Then there's the issue of whether he should be skating there..
I dunno, this kind of stuff seems to happen a lot - pedestrians stepping in front of cars to prove a point.
But it seems like most people believe the lady has a point..

edit: viewed the poll wrong.. ppl think skater is right

Last edited by grimlock; 01-04-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #9
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

The issue here also involves the damage that these kids do to the property. He was clearly planning to grind down the railing of those stairs. Have you seen what these kind of things look like after a summer of abuse by these idiots? Then the handrailling can cause injury to those trying to use it as it is supposed to be used. The owner of the property has to spend money to repair this vandalism.

In the second video the lady is also correct. She is trying to explain to these kids why they cannot do that on private property. They don't seem to hear her though and just mock her. It is really frustrating to see this lack of respect for authority and ones elders.

btw, I am 32 and I was a kid once (and not too long ago actually) so I am not just being crotchety.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #10
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Haha, this cop is a riot

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #11
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
seems like every home owners corporation has one of these people, who wander around public areas dictating to people their own business..
Our HOA does. It worked out great. One of the lady found a wanderer with *possibly* has a pepper spray and stun device approaching children in the neighborhood. That lady posted about 20-25 letters on a bullitin and mail boxes.

Well, I am sure if there were wanderer, he would be scared to come back now.