F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 3-series styling
Studio RSR

07-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #23
andrew_chee
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
There is a huge difference between A leader and THE leader in the automotive industry. Is BMW a leader? Sure... As for you andrew chee? You need to wake up. Please don't say anything else you sound ridiculous.
If you are not a BMW enthusiast, please get out of here. This forum is not for you!

We are here to share and not criticize.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
Forcefed3
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [1.00]
You obviously don't know much about cars, i have a 335i with a jb3 and ut beats base vettes and camaro ss. And the zo6 is like 70k So yea idF you want to spend that on a shitty gm go for it.
Quote:
BMW is the leader in the automotive industry?

Let's look here

-bmw is far from the most reliable, hell not even close to the upper bracket
-bmw does even come close to most in performance... Anything in the M series can easily get tromped chewed and spit out for half the price by GM
-if you consider plastic radiators, consistantly failing fuel pumps, crap window moldings, ac that can't ever get right and the list goes on

So to sum it up if leader in the automotive industry actually leads in none of the following I think someone needs a swift kick in the ass off the all mighty bmw fanboi wago before they sound any dumber
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
noro
Colonel
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '91 M3, '04 E46 ZHP, '72 2002

Which GM model would you stack against let's say an M3. I agree that BMW's could be more reliable but I hardly can think of GM as a producer of more reliable cars.

Additionally, if GM is so great why would are they suffering so much as a brand? Do you think it's lack of marketing? I can't really see how a "better" car costing less would not be more respected than a BMW.

Now if you said Ford, I would perhaps take you a bit more seriously.

Cadillac is the only brand in the lineup that has maintain some kind of consistency and an evolutionary approach to the cars they make. Rest of the GM is simply shots in the dark by its braindead, geriatric leadership.

Quote:
BMW is the leader in the automotive industry?

Let's look here

-bmw is far from the most reliable, hell not even close to the upper bracket
-bmw does even come close to most in performance... Anything in the M series can easily get tromped chewed and spit out for half the price by GM
-if you consider plastic radiators, consistantly failing fuel pumps, crap window moldings, ac that can't ever get right and the list goes on

So to sum it up if leader in the automotive industry actually leads in none of the following I think someone needs a swift kick in the ass off the all mighty bmw fanboi wago before they sound any dumber
      07-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #26
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_chee View Post
If you are not a BMW enthusiast, please get out of here. This forum is not for you!

We are here to share and not criticize.
wow you are a BMW fanboi lol, we are all BMW enthusiasts, thats why we drive them, but you also cant be blinded by the fact that you own one, they arent the best cars out there and def not the leader in the automotive industry, they are great cars and i love mine, but def not the best. My BMW has been in the shop twice as much as my mustang GT ever was, but dont get me wrong i like the BMW better.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #27
andrew_chee
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvis08 View Post
wow you are a BMW fanboi lol, we are all BMW enthusiasts, thats why we drive them, but you also cant be blinded by the fact that you own one, they arent the best cars out there and def not the leader in the automotive industry, they are great cars and i love mine, but def not the best. My BMW has been in the shop twice as much as my mustang GT ever was, but dont get me wrong i like the BMW better.
I do agree with you that BMW may not be the best cars out there as I have my own set of problems with my Bimmers too (but which cars don't?). I may not be an expert in cars here but considering its innovation in its design, engine, ride dynamics, efficent dynamics etc. I would still regard it as the leader.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
emedinac
I take turns real fast (michelin has my back)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 (328i) - N52 ULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Wood View Post
Interesting comments regarding the next M3, I must admit the present BMW front end styling is getting very common with other manufactures, especially the lights. Will BMW follow the Japanese techno style that Nissan Toyota and Lexus use? The present M3 is a classic it will be a hard act to follow.

This is my quick rendering to start debate, I am not that happy with the front end but I would like to hear what other Bimmers would like to see.
I like the body but the front is wierd the change of lights and the small grill does not go with bmw i think atleast.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #29
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

9past11, we are talking about styling here. You completely changed the subject. I'd say BMW is definitely at the top of the game as far as styling goes. And by the way, what car doesn't have problems? If you are looking for a problem free car, go buy an Accord or a Camry. We are talking about sports cars here, not family beaters. And last time I checked general motor cars are far from reliable. If they're so great, how come they had to file for bankruptcy?

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife

Last edited by EDM92; 07-20-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #30
Bimmermaniac
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
I bet any GM car can beat an M3 around a NASCAR approved track!
Saturn Sky?

Obviously this guy has never been to Infineon where M3s dominate higher horsepower cars with better grip.
      07-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #31
YesMikey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Hot damn!
Appreciate 0