F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Activehybrid 3 IS in transit - may be the first AH3 M sport? :)
GetBMWParts

11-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
iM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 AH3M

Activehybrid 3 IS..ARRIVED - may be the first AH3 M sport? :)

After long wait of new professional navi system, which was predicted to be available from this November then confirmed this will not be happened in NA market, after much research and careful thought, I have “upgraded” my order from 335i to ActiveHybrid 3.

Here's the Order spec: (German build)
2013 ActiveHybrid 3 M Sport Line
Alpine white / Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
Aluminum hexagon interior trim w/EB matt blue highlight trim finishers
Driver Assistance Package
Tech Package
Sport auto transmission with shift paddles
Manual side/rear power shades
Heated front seats
HK Sound system
Heated steering wheel (@no charge)
Speed limit info (@no charge)
Lane departure warning w/forward collision (@no charge)

MSRP: $62,295.00
My price was $51,785 + Tax (inc dest charge, MACO, training fee) after ECO Credit, USAA/TEAM USA incentives.
*NO $1,750 for holiday/loyalty credits since I am not financing through BMWFA.

My friend sent me this key case...but i have no key...yet..LOL
Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1574
Size:  114.9 KB

ORDER TIMELINE
10/12/12 Ordered
10/22/12 Production started
10/30/12 Paint Shop started
10/31/12 Production completed
11/01/12 Waiting for carrier
11/09/12 Released to the carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit
11/13/12 Arrived at port of exit and is awaiting for vessel
11/16/12 Shipped from port of exit via Tylsa
11/28/12 Arrived at the port of Baltimore
11/29/12 Customs released/discharged/out to delivery

CA REVIEWS
In the meantime of this painful endless waiting time, I decided to share my experiences for current/future F30 shoppers. *All views and opinions are solely based on my experience. Please use at your own discretion.*

I have dealt with several well known CAs in this forum but mainly with following four; Adrian Avila, David Aviles, Joern Esser and Jeff Beck. I understand many of you are happy to deal with other three but I am ONLY fully satisfied with Jeff Beck. (Trust me, I am very, very picky person)

Adrian Avila – very knowledgeable and professional. He’s patience and is pretty quick to respond on emails. He’s taken ED himself for four times and travelled extensively in Europe. So if you are looking for a guy with wealth of ED knowledge and peace of mind is more value to you, he’s your guy. He knows many of his clients are aware that there’s cheaper pricing out there. But his pricing proposal was $2K over invoice for US delivery ($995K over invoice for ED). I am doing the US delivery, pass for me.

David Aviles – I have a lot to talk about this guy. David is actually the first CA I reached out to, since I’ve seen many people dealt with David and many of them were happy. He’s a cool dude and Yes – he sells a car AT INVOICE. But in my case, the whole process was ended up with huge disappointments. I have lost my peace of mind shortly after… But you know not everyone can have a happy ending.
On the day I was driving to his dealership, located about an hour away from where I live, to put a deposit and pick up a production#, I received a call from him and was told it’s not a good day but he can process everything over the phone/email for my convenient. I was driving on highway when I received the call, I pulled up aside and gave him all the info to process the order. I was never able to receive my production number for several months…then this new navi system gossip was floating around, he suggested moving my production date to November to take advantage of new navi system. And that was the last time I hear from him; never received a single reply to my emails/txts and never picks up a call. I called his dealership one time and he picked up the call saying “Thanks for calling Northwest BMW. This is David Aviles. How may I assist you today?” I was like “HEYYY David. This is [my name]!!” He said “Oh!! You want to speak with David? Hang on” He put me on the hold immediately then the phone got disconnected. I texted him (for the last time) that his action was not very cool. 8 hours later, he replied to my text saying that the dealership (or him) never had any 335 allocations for last several months. He was just holding this up for about 4 months. He should have told me the truth earlier so I could look for another CA to work with.

Joern Esser – very knowledgeable and professional as well. You can expect to hear back from him within 24 hrs. I was offered $1K over invoice then lowered to $750. Almost have a business with him until I found the best CA ever, Jeff.

JEFF BECK
I am telling you. This is THE GUY you are looking for! He has the best price ($200 over invoice), super knowledgeable, ultra professional, lightening quick responses (he even replied while he’s out at dinner one time and I told him I am sorry. lol), very ethical and integrity and his willingness to help on my need are consistently far beyond expectation.
When I changed my order from 335 to AH3, his dealer doesn’t have the AH3 allocation. Instead of telling me they do not have the allocation, he instantaneously searched a dealer who has AH3 allocation and traded one of the cars sitting on his dealership with their allocation, which was ready to go in to the production within a week to accelerate the process. He personally contacted BMWNA and BMW Headquarters to answer my countless and some ridiculous questions. On Top of all that, he will sincerely appreciate your business. I sent him a thank-you email for smooth and easy transaction one time, and then he replied “No problem at all. There is no reason for car buying to be stressful! It should be an exciting process, after all nobody NEEDS a BMW, it's something that people dream of, why ruin that?"
Here’s his contact information:
Jeff Beck
jbeck@russelbmw.com
410-744-2000
PM me for his mobile number. Make sure mention me to get the best deal!

Tracking
When I tracked my car using the VIN this morning, 11/20/12, this was the latest status available.
Name:  tysla.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  82.9 KB

and.....
ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My CA txted me the picture this morning. Will upload more pix this weekend..
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2235
Size:  134.2 KB

Last edited by iM; 11-30-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Very good! Your's may be the first AH3 + M-sport, but mine is right behind you. Production completes tomorrow

Your situation is very similar to mine. I "upgraded" my 335i order for about $1000 more. And the guaranteed new Nav did play a part of that.

My build is exactly like yours, except for addition of Black Sapphire Metallic paint, Dynamic Handling Package, Side/Rear window shades, and Auto High Beams.

P.S. where can I get that key fob????
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Very good! Your's may be the first AH3 + M-sport, but mine is right behind you. Production completes tomorrow

Your situation is very similar to mine. I "upgraded" my 335i order for about $1000 more. And the guaranteed new Nav did play a part of that.

My build is exactly like yours, except for addition of Black Sapphire Metallic paint, Dynamic Handling Package, Side/Rear window shades, and Auto High Beams.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEATHER-...sories&vxp=mtr
      11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Awesome build! the new navi played a big part on my situation and better mileage, more power output (and more weight ) and all the free stuff you get for about $1K more...why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.L View Post
Thanks!
      11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM View Post
Awesome build! the new navi played a big part on my situation and better mileage, more power output (and more weight ) and all the free stuff you get for about $1K more...why not?
Yep. When I realized I spend >50% of my driving time in bumper to bumper stop-and-go traffic, the AH3 just makes way more sense (consumption-wise) than my M3 ever did. I'll admit, I'm a tech-junkie. So new Nav, and and a very high-tech car means lots of smiles.

Funny you picked up on the free Heated Steering Wheel, Speed Limit Info and Lane Departure Warning. Did your CA tell you about it, or did you see it on BMW Build Your Own? My VIN finally became "active" today on those web-checker sites, and I verified all three options were definitely included on my build. I had a slight fear they'd be kicked out due to some system error.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yep. When I realized I spend >50% of my driving time in bumper to bumper stop-and-go traffic, the AH3 just makes way more sense (consumption-wise) than my M3 ever did. I'll admit, I'm a tech-junkie. So new Nav, and and a very high-tech car means lots of smiles.

Funny you picked up on the free Heated Steering Wheel, Speed Limit Info and Lane Departure Warning. Did your CA tell you about it, or did you see it on BMW Build Your Own? My VIN finally became "active" today on those web-checker sites, and I verified all three options were definitely included on my build. I had a slight fear they'd be kicked out due to some system error.
exactly..no reason for us to pay the same money for old tech. did you hear about that if you are using navi to get to the programmed destination, AH3 automatically switches into electric mode for the final miles to provide better mileage? i thought that was pretty .

I told my CA what i want on the car before he asked me but when i mentioned it, he already knew what i was talking about.
funny you verified those three options first...because i did the same thing when my VIN was active.
      11-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
exactly..no reason for us to pay the same money for old tech. did you hear about that if you are using navi to get to the programmed destination, AH3 automatically switches into electric mode for the final miles to provide better mileage? i thought that was pretty .

I told my CA what i want on the car before he asked me but when i mentioned it, he already knew what i was talking about.
funny you verified those three options first...because i did the same thing when my VIN was active.
Yes, and supposedly the car will "learn" your routes over time so even if you don't set the destination via Nav, it can figure out it needs to spend it's battery power right as you arrive.

I have a feeling that BMW will continue to offer features and development for current AH3/5/7 cars via software updates.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have a feeling that BMW will continue to offer features and development for current AH3/5/7 cars via software updates.
that'd be awesome and i am sure they will.
      11-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
iM
Private First Class
Rep

My ETA has updated from 11/29/12 to 11/28/12.
      11-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My ETA has updated from 11/29/12 to 11/28/12.
Very good. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it. I really do think you're the first with M-sport. Most that I see for sale are Luxury Line.

I've got a solid 8 weeks until pickup at the Performance Center, but the 800# confirms "your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Very good. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it. I really do think you're the first with M-sport. Most that I see for sale are Luxury Line.

I've got a solid 8 weeks until pickup at the Performance Center, but the 800# confirms "your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit"

will definitely do!

Once the 800# confirms your vehicle has arrived at port of exit and is awaiting for vessel, you should start to track it through WW web using the VIN#. My car was on the board on the 16th (confirmed booking on 15th) but 800# still had my status as "awaiting for vessel" till the 19th.
      11-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Sams,
found this about warranty on hybrid components; 96month/80K miles
http://www.cars.com/bmw/activehybrid-3/2013/warranty/

my CA is still waiting to hear back from bmw official..
      11-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Congrats guys! I had an AH3 on order but switched to a 335i xDrive last minute. That's your chance to have the first AH3 M Sport on the forums.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

will definitely do!

Once the 800# confirms your vehicle has arrived at port of exit and is awaiting for vessel, you should start to track it through WW web using the VIN#. My car was on the board on the 16th (confirmed booking on 15th) but 800# still had my status as "awaiting for vessel" till the 19th.
When did your car get to the port? And how many days was it "awaiting shipping vessel"?
      11-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #15
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Congrats guys! I had an AH3 on order but switched to a 335i xDrive last minute. That's your chance to have the first AH3 M Sport on the forums.
Thanks, South! i've read your post regarding the order change...forgot why you did, though. was it because of the long wait??

Quote:
When did your car get to the port? And how many days was it "awaiting shipping vessel"?
my car did get to the port on 13th, booking confirmed on 15th, and on the board on 16th.. but 800# gave me "awaiting shipping vessel" status till 19th.
      11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
mark.L
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my car did get to the port on 13th, booking confirmed on 15th, and on the board on 16th.. but 800# gave me "awaiting shipping vessel" status till 19th.

Sorry, I read your order timeline after posting the question. Thanks anyways.
Your car pretty much zipped through the shipping lot, that was a fast turn around to get on the boat.
Mine is at the port since 2 days, hopefully it also hit's the pedal and zips through.
      11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Thanks, South! i've read your post regarding the order change...forgot why you did, though. was it because of the long wait??
Yea, my order got pushed back by four weeks and I didn't want to wait longer. The old nav was the price I had to pay for this tho.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #18
iM
Private First Class
Rep

@jormanyum
guess you are too new using PM feature..
did you hear back from CA regarding those $0 cost options? Please let us know how it goes...i am pretty certain there are some members missed those out..

I recently stopped by a local bmw dealership to see if they have an AH3 for me to test drive. (just pretended to be a buyer) They don't have one but they can find me one in a short period of time. Also mentioned there aren't many AH3 in the current market so they are unable to give me the deals they can do on other 3 series... is this true?

For all AH3 owners, if you don't mind sharing..
WHAT WAS THE DEAL ON YOUR AH3??

and PLEASE ALSO SHARE ANY NEW INFO REGARDING AH3.
      11-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
jormanyum
Rep
Drives: 2013 AH3

I got the car for $250 over dealer invoice. Just pitted two dealers against each other. When one said they couldn't go lower I spoke to another who wanted to sell a car more. Will get the actual numbers later when I'm home. At the girlfriends family for thanksgiving. Haven't heard back from the dealer, Nick Alexander and the car is in the paint shop so I'm guessing its too late to add the options. But so be it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
jormanyum
Rep

If you're in LA Beverly Hills BMW and nick Alexander had ah3s to test drive. They are so damn fast. It's so fun. Highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #21
iM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jormanyum View Post
I got the car for $250 over dealer invoice. Just pitted two dealers against each other. When one said they couldn't go lower I spoke to another who wanted to sell a car more. Will get the actual numbers later when I'm home. At the girlfriends family for thanksgiving. Haven't heard back from the dealer, Nick Alexander and the car is in the paint shop so I'm guessing its too late to add the options. But so be it.
thanks for the info! is that the deal after any incentives, or before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jormanyum View Post
If you're in LA Beverly Hills BMW and nick Alexander had ah3s to test drive. They are so damn fast. It's so fun. Highly recommend.
did you also test drive 335?
      11-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
jormanyum
Rep

The selling price ended up being 51,8 before tax, approx 8k under MSRP. That was after incentives. The only incentive available when I bought was the 3500 ECO credit. Now there might be another 1k holiday incentive. Not sure if I'll be able to apply it when I actually "buy" the car. Only put down the deposit while the AH3 is being built. I assume you did the same? I wasn't able to apply the USAA/Team USA credit.

My dealer claims that the 0 cost options only show as 0 cost because you have to buy the package when you get them.

From him "Those are not free options...you're paying for them...they'll show as NO CHARGE because you have to pay for the extra package."

Hopefully he's wrong.

I test drove the 328, it was not even close to the AH. I hear the 335 is quicker but the extra torque in the hybrid makes a lot of difference. I dig the sport line you ordered and think you'll love it. (couldn't get the saddle brown int. with that line, only reason I went lux)
Appreciate 0