F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Clear bra/PPF in norcal?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Clear bra/PPF in norcal?

Hi guys! I was wondering if any norcal folks have experience with any of the installers in the area. There are so many and even with Yelp, it's hard to decide. I did get a quote and seems like ~2k for front and partial hood for most places? But I usually like to trust word of mouth more than Yelp reviews... So reaching out to see if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
techn0ir
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport Estoril Blue

I'm interested in this too. I've been emailing around for quotes and for full frontal (full hood, bumper, fenders, A-pillar) I've heard on the low end $1800 (3M) up to $2300 (Xpel). At that price range I think the quality of install makes the most difference.

Finally made an account when I came across this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 10:21 PM   #3
Xnfris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i m sport

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i   [0.00]
I know this might sound weird but call the BMW body shop in concord. I had them tint my windows and not only was I shocked at how reasonably priced they were but the quality of the work was amazing.

I was so impressed that I asked about clear bra options and was impressed with the pricing and options. They even let me see a car they were currently doing a full clear wrap on so I could see the quality of install.

Normally I would avoid a dealer/manufacture place like this in favor of a Indy shop. But the customer service,quality of work and product warranty won me over.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
TYE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, '18 440i GC

Contact Greg Simms of Force Field in San Jose. Top notch work.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
ricobrumsey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' 435 GC

bump....any more recommendations for PPF in nocal?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
ricobrumsey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
Hi guys! I was wondering if any norcal folks have experience with any of the installers in the area. There are so many and even with Yelp, it's hard to decide. I did get a quote and seems like ~2k for front and partial hood for most places? But I usually like to trust word of mouth more than Yelp reviews... So reaching out to see if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks!
where did you end up going?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #7
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricobrumsey View Post
where did you end up going?
I got the M3 style bumper and a bunch of other body parts, and got them painted so I was going to wait until they completely cured. But then I went on a road trip, got a bunch of rock chips and was thinking about getting front bumper repainted to fully match the color and do PPF but ended up not doing anything because it just wasn't worth it and I'd rather put that money toward some new wheels or something else. Haha.

Not really what you were hoping for but yeah.
      02-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
ricobrumsey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
I got the M3 style bumper and a bunch of other body parts, and got them painted so I was going to wait until they completely cured. But then I went on a road trip, got a bunch of rock chips and was thinking about getting front bumper repainted to fully match the color and do PPF but ended up not doing anything because it just wasn't worth it and I'd rather put that money toward some new wheels or something else. Haha.

Not really what you were hoping for but yeah.
I just was quoted 9500 at OCD in fremont. Heard they were the bes tplace around. But 9500? I'm re-thinking if it's worth it as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #9
Moupe
Monobloc
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 M Coupe - '19 F31 330ix

Garage List
From what I have heard and learned over the years, OCDetailing and Premier are the best of the best. Too many hacks out there so don't go by Yelp reviews which can be faked by themselves, friends, and family. PPF is very profitable so you have all these unskilled idiots who lure you in for a cheaper price and do shit work.

Do it properly once or pay twice. Remember, if one PPF shop/installer has a wide open schedule or can fit you in next day that's one sign that they are not a top notch installer. The good guys are booked out well in advance.
-2002 S54 M Coupé - Steel Gray / Dark Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #10
Deleted-User
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
I just was quoted 9500 at OCD in fremont. Heard they were the bes tplace around. But 9500? I'm re-thinking if it's worth it as well.
I just had the entire front bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, headlights, door cups, rear bumper cap and carbon fiber lip on my M3 CS covered in Suntek Ultra. --Robert at AutoProFilms is absolutely the best. Great attention to detail, car enthusiast and overall great guy to deal with. My job was around 1900 due to the complexity of the front lip. Give him a call for a more accurate quote.

I'm extremely picky and this guy surpassed my expectations. So much, I might just cover the rest of the car.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
ricobrumsey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by netinvader View Post
Quote:
I just had the entire front bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, headlights, door cups, rear bumper cap and carbon fiber lip on my M3 CS covered in Suntek Ultra. --Robert at AutoProFilms is absolutely the best. Great attention to detail, car enthusiast and overall great guy to deal with. My job was around 1900 due to the complexity of the front lip. Give him a call for a more accurate quote.

I'm extremely picky and this guy surpassed my expectations. So much, I might just cover the rest of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netinvader View Post

Ever get the remainder of your car done? Had a change of mind so after the winter season is over think I'm going to invest in ppf and ceramic coat.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #12
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Hey all, bumping this thread for any new experiences with PPF in NorCal. Thanks!
Appreciate 0