F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Lane Departure Warning / Speed Limit Info
Studio RSR

07-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #111
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Hi Everyone,

I am also new to BMW. I recently picked up a 2014 435i xDrive Executive, Premium, M-Sport and Adaptive LED headlights. Finished installing and coding the M Performance Brake kit on Friday with the help of this forum group. Thank you.

I believe I have all of the requisite HW to get SLI working. I have VO 8TH and coded KAFAS2, HU_NBT, KOMBI and REM_BODY. I have the "---" in the HUD display. I understand I have to purchase the 7E FSC in order to enable SLI. is there anything else I have to do? Are the signage already in the Nav database or do I have to download/install a signage file? Does anyone have a source? Shawn? Mario? Others?

Thank you

Larry
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #112
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am also new to BMW. I recently picked up a 2014 435i xDrive Executive, Premium, M-Sport and Adaptive LED headlights. Finished installing and coding the M Performance Brake kit on Friday with the help of this forum group. Thank you.

I believe I have all of the requisite HW to get SLI working. I have VO 8TH and coded KAFAS2, HU_NBT, KOMBI and REM_BODY. I have the "---" in the HUD display. I understand I have to purchase the 7E FSC in order to enable SLI. is there anything else I have to do? Are the signage already in the Nav database or do I have to download/install a signage file? Does anyone have a source? Shawn? Mario? Others?

Thank you

Larry
There is nothing else needed beyond the 7E FSC Code and coding.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #113
catharsis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
There is nothing else needed beyond the 7E FSC Code and coding.
Shawn/All

I am finalising an order for a 330e right now.

Current plan was to get 5AS driver assist and 5AC high beam assistant as well as 5DF (ACC with stop'n'go)

I decided not to go for 5AG (LCW/Active Blind Spot Detection) as it required adding the (expensive) folding mirror option - along with taxes putting the price of that single option up over US$1400 in my territory.

If I understand the current coding setup correctly, if I was to purchase 8TH (SLI) and 5AG (LCW) instead, I might be able to add 5AS and 5AC via coding after purchase. This is because purchasing 8TH SLI results in getting a KAFAS2, and purchasing 5AG gets me the steering wheel vibrator?

Does purchasing 5AG on it's own get me the KAFAS2 system component or is driver assist or speed limit information also required?

Have I completely misunderstood the situation?

Would all of the various features of 5AS be likely to work as the vibrator would be in the steering wheel from 5AG and the various required/optional elements from 5DF would also be present?
Has anyone coded HBA successfully on an LCI with SLI?

Has anyone coded any of the driver assist features on an LCI with SLI?
Was a new FSC code required for either of the above?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 05:54 PM   #114
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Shawn/All

I am finalising an order for a 330e right now.

Current plan was to get 5AS driver assist and 5AC high beam assistant as well as 5DF (ACC with stop'n'go)

I decided not to go for 5AG (LCW/Active Blind Spot Detection) as it required adding the (expensive) folding mirror option - along with taxes putting the price of that single option up over US$1400 in my territory.

If I understand the current coding setup correctly, if I was to purchase 8TH (SLI) and 5AG (LCW) instead, I might be able to add 5AS and 5AC via coding after purchase. This is because purchasing 8TH SLI results in getting a KAFAS2, and purchasing 5AG gets me the steering wheel vibrator?

Does purchasing 5AG on it's own get me the KAFAS2 system component or is driver assist or speed limit information also required?

Have I completely misunderstood the situation?

Would all of the various features of 5AS be likely to work as the vibrator would be in the steering wheel from 5AG and the various required/optional elements from 5DF would also be present?
Has anyone coded HBA successfully on an LCI with SLI?

Has anyone coded any of the driver assist features on an LCI with SLI?
Was a new FSC code required for either of the above?
8TH will get you KAFAS2 Camera, and 5AG will get you Steering Wheel Vibrator.

You cannot just code 5AS though as Front Collision Warning and Pedestrian Detection require FSC Enabling Codes that you will not have.

You can code 5AC, but, you will still be missing the Steering Wheel Stalk with the HBA Toggle Switch to turn it On and Off.

5AG will not get you KAFAS Camera, as Lane Change Warning (Active Blind Spot Detection) uses Radar Sensors, not Camera. 5AD Lane Departure Warning uses KAFAS Camera though.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:11 AM   #115
catharsis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60

Quote:
You cannot just code 5AS though as Front Collision Warning and Pedestrian Detection require FSC Enabling Codes that you will not have.

You can code 5AC, but, you will still be missing the Steering Wheel Stalk with the HBA Toggle Switch to turn it On and Off.
I presume one can simply hard-code HBA to always be on, no?

is there any source for the FSC codes around or will it be cheaper to have the stealership just add these options?

really dislike the fact that these type of safety options are installed on the car but DISABLED by BMW unless paid for as options, seems unethical at the very least.

Last edited by catharsis; 02-21-2016 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:49 AM   #116
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I presume one can simply hard-code HBA to always be on, no?

is there any source for the FSC codes around or will it be cheaper to have the stealership just add these options?

really dislike the fact that these type of safety options are installed on the car but DISABLED by BMW unless paid for as options, seems unethical at the very least.
Some cars can be coded for HBA to default "On" and others can't. I wouldn't reply on this anyway, as even if it works today, a simple change to the firmware in the future by BMW AG, and the coding option could vanish.

As for FSC Codes, typically they can be purchased, but they are normally expensive.

Personally, I would always take a factory option over a retrofit if you can swing it.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #117
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 330d M paket white

Hi guys, I have prb need help !!
After updating my Navi map to latest version, the speed limit info (speed limit signs read by KAFAS radar) stopped shown any road signs in HUD and Instrument cluster...
Anything I can code to get it working again??
Note: everything is stock (HUD, KAFAS, Connected drive) nothing retrofitted.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #118
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hghabri View Post
Hi guys, I have prb need help !!
After updating my Navi map to latest version, the speed limit info (speed limit signs read by KAFAS radar) stopped shown any road signs in HUD and Instrument cluster...
Anything I can code to get it working again??
Note: everything is stock (HUD, KAFAS, Connected drive) nothing retrofitted.
I have never once heard of a Map Update killing SLI. What map version did you install and what was previous version?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #119
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
I have never once heard of a Map Update killing SLI. What map version did you install and what was previous version?
I got the car with Europe Next 2013, than last year I upload Northern Africa 2015 with FSC code from Miskel.
From that date SLI stopped showing anything, Think because Northern Africa map doesn't have data for SLI.
Today I revert back to Europe Next 2016-2 and SLI Still not working.
Attached Images

Last edited by hghabri; 07-24-2016 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #120
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I got the car with Europe Next 2013, than last year I upload Northern Africa 2015 with FSC code from Miskel.
From that date SLI stopped showing anything, Think because Northern Africa map doesn't have data for SLI.
Today I revert back to Europe Next 2016-2 and SLI Still not working.
And car is now back in Europe and not Northern Africa?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:17 PM   #121
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
And car is now back in Europe and not Northern Africa?
The car itself in Tunisia (North Africa) now. But SLI was working here in Tunisia before I change Navigation to Northern Africa.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #122
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The car itself in Tunisia (North Africa) now. But SLI was working here in Tunisia before I change Navigation to Northern Africa.
Does Europe NEXT map provide any coverage for Northern Africa, either in previous 2013 version and / or in current 2016-2 version?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #123
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
Does Europe NEXT map provide any coverage for Northern Africa, either in previous 2013 version and / or in current 2016-2 version?
No, for both versions.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #124
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, for both versions.
I don't know then. It is difficult to image it worked when 2013 version was installed if that map did not include Northern Africa coverage. But assuming you are right, then BMW either changed something with NBT firmware or Map SLI data that prevents Camera readings at all unless it is receiving local Map Data.

I am not sure what you are trying to do though. If it were a choice between having Camera SLI readings from Road Signs and no Navigation Map or vice versa, most everyone would prefer the Navigation map.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 07:56 PM   #125
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
I don't know then. It is difficult to image it worked when 2013 version was installed if that map did not include Northern Africa coverage. But assuming you are right, then BMW either changed something with NBT firmware or Map SLI data that prevents Camera readings at all unless it is receiving local Map Data.

I am not sure what you are trying to do though. If it were a choice between having Camera SLI readings from Road Signs and no Navigation Map or vice versa, most everyone would prefer the Navigation map.
I need it for both reason, as it was working that way before changing map version. I was reading from road signs only while in Tunisia and from map and road signs in Europe. I'm driving to Germany next week and need SLI coz it help too much in autobahn, some section has speed limit to 120kmh other with no limit, if confused or miss a road sign ...than big trouble if caught by Polizei or speed camera.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #126
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I need it for both reason, as it was working that way before changing map version. I was reading from road signs only while in Tunisia and from map and road signs in Europe. I'm driving to Germany next week and need SLI coz it help too much in autobahn, some section has speed limit to 120kmh other with no limit, if confused or miss a road sign ...than big trouble if caught by Polizei or speed camera.
When car is in Germany, and on a road recognized by Europe NEXT map, SLI will likely work.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 07-24-2016 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #127
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
When car is in Germany, and on a road recognized by Europe NEXT map, it will likely work.
I hope, thank you for the time you spent to understand the situation. I Will post what happens when in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #128
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hope, thank you for the time you spent to understand the situation. I Will post what happens when in Germany.
Car does have factory Option 8TH Speed Limit Info, correct?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #129
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

Quote:
Car does have factory Option 8TH Speed Limit Info, correct?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #130
hghabri
Tunisia
Rep

S609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S610A HEAD-UP DISPLAY Head-up display

S654A DAB TUNER DAB tuner
S676A HIFI LAUTSPRECHERSYSTEM HiFi speaker system
S698A AREA-CODE 2 Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6ACA INTELLIGENTER NOTRUF Intelligent emergency call
S6AEA TELESERVICES TELESERVICES
S6AKA CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES Connected Drive Services
S6AMA REAL TIME TRAFFIC INFORMATION Real-Time Traffic Information
S6ANA CONCIERGE SERVICES Concierge Services
S6APA REMOTE SERVICES Remote Services
S6NRA APPS Apps
S6NSA KOMFORTTELEFONIE MIT ERW. SMARTPHON Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone
S6WAA INSTRUMENTENKOMBI. M. ERW. UMF. Instrument panel with extended scope
S710A M LEDERLENKRAD M leather steering wheel
S715A M AERODYNAMIKPAKET M Aerodynamics package
S760A INDIVIDUAL HOCHGLANZ SHADOW LINE High gloss shadow line
S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite
P7VBA COMFORT PAKET Comfort Package
P7VDA SICHT PAKET Sicht Packet
P7VGA WAERMEKOMFORT PAKET Heat comfort package
P7XPA NAVIGATIONSPAKET CONNECTEDDRIVE Navigation package Connected Drive
L801A DEUTSCHLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG NATIONAL VERSION GERMANY
S879A DEUTSCH / BORDLITERATUR On-board literature, German
S8KAA OELWARTUNGSINT. 30.000KM/24MONATE Dummy-SALAPA
S8THA SPEED LIMIT INFO SPEED LIMIT INFO
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 01:38 AM   #131
Evil_ss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 M

Hi Mario,
How have you gone with this retrofit?
As SLI is available in Australia now, I'm assuming you have had more luck.
http://www.motorline.bmw.com.au/com/...on-system.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario123 View Post
Okay guys an update and it doesnt look good.

i have found a post on another forum which contains an extract on how the system works. Part of it is below.

"Supplementary sign recognition The system can only recognize signs that are included in its database. Text references to supplementary signs cannot be read or interpreted.
Before speed limits with limiting validity are displayed, the system scans further information from the vehicle electrical system.

The system can’t read text, it can only recognize a sign that is included in the “sign database” – therefore the system was programed extensively in 48 US states + western/eastern Canada therefore all speed limit signs (10-80 mph + signs as e.g. “Trucks”, “Trailers”, “School”, “Construction area”) are normally (when conditions allow) recognized by the camera. "

So if Australian maps don't have this "sign database" camera will never match anything it captures. hence why I never get any readings.

Sort of makes sense now I guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 07:16 AM   #132
omorzo
Always on track!
Italy
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
Quote:
YOU have KAFAS Camera due to 8TH SLI, and same camera supports LDW and HBA. You can code these things, but at the hardware level, you will be missing the steering wheel vibrator for LDW (unless you happen to have Active Blind-Spot Detection too) and the steering wheel stalk switch for HBA.
Do you know how to code these with E-sys? I have the 8TH but not LDW and HBA and i want to try them. There are some codes to bypass the hardware buttons?
Appreciate 0