F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > 328i w adaptive on order
Extreme Powerhouse

01-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #111
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Btw Jono, no joke but i am adding the following items to my own delivery checklist when i pick up the car... Depending how paranoid you are you might consider the same :-

- check for rusty seats (i will bring a torch)
- check no uneven suspension gaps in the wheel arches
- check steering rack clunk (i think another thread said turning full lock to lock will replicate... Not sure if it does on a tiled showroom floor)
- wiggle butt in drivers seat to ensure tight fitting leather

Might get my delivery person to drive round the block for suspension creak.

Also will check to make sure all the options are present and accounted for.

Thats my summary of the key issues known to date.

The steering wobble will require a freeway run after handing over your hard earned
Yeah I have a similar list. I'm also going so far as to install my own number plates as I like to fit them with the alignment just perfectly right!

A number of those issues were corrected starting December production including new steering rack, the rusty seats were fixed a month or so earlier I think. My car also has the new NBT Pro nav -- but I've checked the BMW Software Update site and already confirmed it has the new NBT Nav fitted which has different firmware updates from the old CIC version.

bmwvin.com is an excellent way of checking your spec, too - and as you have your VIN to track you can use it here also.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #112
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Yeah I have a similar list. I'm also going so far as to install my own number plates as I like to fit them with the alignment just perfectly right!

A number of those issues were corrected starting December production including new steering rack, the rusty seats were fixed a month or so earlier I think. My car also has the new NBT Pro nav -- but I've checked the BMW Software Update site and already confirmed it has the new NBT Nav fitted which has different firmware updates from the old CIC version.

bmwvin.com is an excellent way of checking your spec, too - and as you have your VIN to track you can use it here also.
Huh! The dealer will let you do that?

I used BMW Web ETK which is probably the same. I even found the production start date on the site.

Yes, I know the rusty seat and wobbly wheel are meant to be rectified, but i want to double check that I that they didnt use old stock on the base frames. Should be ok.

I will ask the dealer to set my car to remember the last ASS setting. I will use my ASS but only in heavy traffic. Would be annoying for light traffic.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #113
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Huh! The dealer will let you do that?

I used BMW Web ETK which is probably the same. I even found the production start date on the site.

Yes, I know the rusty seat and wobbly wheel are meant to be rectified, but i want to double check that I that they didnt use old stock on the base frames. Should be ok.

I will ask the dealer to set my car to remember the last ASS setting. I will use my ASS but only in heavy traffic. Would be annoying for light traffic.
Yeah, they don't mind regarding fitting the euro plate...what option do they have?

I have a OBDII cable, a VM with E-Sys and 48.3 all ready to go and will code a few things myself once I've had the car for a bit...about 7 or 8 settings I want to change.

I would be surprised if ETK would have your car in it already, mine is a mid December build and ETK 12.2012 didn't have my VIN as it missed the cutoff. It does have the VIN for our MINI Countryman S though... The next update of ETK should have it I would expect.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #114
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, they don't mind regarding fitting the euro plate...what option do they have?

I have a OBDII cable, a VM with E-Sys and 48.3 all ready to go and will code a few things myself once I've had the car for a bit...about 7 or 8 settings I want to change.

I would be surprised if ETK would have your car in it already, mine is a mid December build and ETK 12.2012 didn't have my VIN as it missed the cutoff. It does have the VIN for our MINI Countryman S though... The next update of ETK should have it I would expect.
I mean the link on this page to the parts catalogue.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html

The update was timely.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #115
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Are you taking a cordless drill with you? I think I'd have way too much nervous energy to start drilling holes in my bumper in the middle of a dealership.

I've watched 2 BMW dealers fit my plates, both times they did a pretty precise job TBH.
2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #116
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I mean the link on this page to the parts catalogue.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html

The update was timely.
Ah, I thought you were talking about the offline CD/DVD-based version.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #117
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
Are you taking a cordless drill with you? I think I'd have way too much nervous energy to start drilling holes in my bumper in the middle of a dealership.

I've watched 2 BMW dealers fit my plates, both times they did a pretty precise job TBH.
I've had crooked plates on an old MINI, and see plenty not straight...I'm pretty fussy though.

I use 3M double-sided automotive adhesive tape -- you get a really nice tight finish, no chance of rattles either -- and no screws which is cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #118
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

Quote:

and did they drill the screw into ur bumper directly? All my BMWs in the past had plates literally nailed into the bumper.. which was not ideal.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #119
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

just a quick question, how much (approx) is the 360 servicing worth?
      01-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #120
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I use 3M double-sided automotive adhesive tape -- you get a really nice tight finish, no chance of rattles either -- and no screws which is cool.
Not a bad idea. Might try it if I ever retrofit a M sport front bumper.

Last edited by dcg71; 01-19-2013 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #121
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
and did they drill the screw into ur bumper directly? All my BMWs in the past had plates literally nailed into the bumper.. which was not ideal.
Yeah, where else are they going to drill into? Actually in your case they probably drilled into your radiator.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #122
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

Quote:
Yeah, where else are they going to drill into? Actually in your case they probably drilled into your radiator.
probably did drill it into my radiator after taking the same drill bit out of your A$$ first.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:52 AM   #123
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
just a quick question, how much (approx) is the 360 servicing worth?
IIRC quoted price is about 3k.

Worth? No more than 2k but YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #124
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctg View Post
IIRC quoted price is about 3k.

Worth? No more than 2k but YMMV.
sigh.. i missed out by about 2 weeks
      01-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #125
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Well the day has come, finally. Car is all ready and M Performance bits painted and installed. Pickup tomorrow morning.

Very exciting. Pics will follow at some stage, luckily it's a long weekend here in Auckland so ill get more time to play with my new baby.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #126
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Well the day has come, finally. Car is all ready and M Performance bits painted and installed. Pickup tomorrow morning.

Very exciting. Pics will follow at some stage, luckily it's a long weekend here in Auckland so ill get more time to play with my new baby.
What, you've finally become a state of Australia and get the Aussie Day public holiday too?

Wonder if that means we pick up Waitangi Day in exchange, there's got to be some benefit on our side of the ditch/dutch.

Enjoy the car when you pick it up tomorrow mate
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #127
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
What, you've finally become a state of Australia and get the Aussie Day public holiday too?

Wonder if that means we pick up Waitangi Day in exchange, there's got to be some benefit on our side of the ditch/dutch.

Enjoy the car when you pick it up tomorrow mate
Cheers, thanks I will.

It's Auckland Anniversary Day on Monday -- a public holiday for the top half of the North Island. You can have Waitangi Day if you want it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #128
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Hope it all goes well and everything is in order. Yes, please post pix!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #129
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

btw, one thing that I can't stand is the run-in period. Are you going to rack up 2000kms asap or just take things as they come?

I think it would drive me insane knowing the power of the car, but keeping rpm's below 4000. I am planning on driving every night and both days for the first few weekends to try to get over the 2000kms. I will also disable ASS until run in is done.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #130
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
I think it would drive me insane knowing the power of the car, but keeping rpm's below 4000.
No need to do that. I didn't and my car is just fine. Not suggesting you rev to over 4k all the time, but vary your revs on occasion and as your odometer numbers increase, so too can the frequency with which you choose to rev well past 4, 5 or even 6k.

Enjoy.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #131
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm surprised the owners manual (or the US version I downloaded in oct) only talked about the 4000 rpm limit. Other owners books talk about not driving at constant rpms and avoiding freeway driving at constant speeds.

So yes, it is a good point to vary the rpm. I will certainly be doing that.

It will be hard to resist flogging the engine (ie taps wide open and shifting early) even below 4000rpm since I have a sportier style of driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #132
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quick update; I picked her up yesterday morning and everything is in order and have not found any faults at all (no rusty seat bases, no steering vibration, paint perfect). The car is even better than I remember on the test drives.

The car looks amazing - I am so pleased with the M Performance Aero kit. The dealer said he could honestly say it was the hottest F30 they have delivered, or have seen anywhere. The M Performance exhaust is wonderful and sounds great -- so is the I6.

New NBT Nav is good too. I have already done some coding and that went without a hitch, even running it from VMware on a Mac. Coded ASS, BMW Live, M Performance Logo, and a few other little things.

Will try and take some pics today.
Appreciate 0