F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > lock radio
Extreme Powerhouse

11-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

lock radio

does anyone know if there is a way to lock the radio out? maybe a password or pin number?
I think some work garage valet drivers sit in the car and listen to music because it is cold and i want to try to lock the radio if possible to get them to use another car
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

That's not likely. They make more from tips than they do from wages, and you don't get tips when you're goofing off instead of being next up.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #3
cmplaya
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
That's not likely. They make more from tips than they do from wages, and you don't get tips when you're goofing off instead of being next up.
its extremely likely. this in the south bronx in NYC, not manhattan. the majority of people who park in this lot do not tip them at all although i usually do
i dont speak spanish or listen to spanish radio and keep changing it back to something else but once in a while when i get back in the car its on spanish radio again (4 of the 5 workers are spanish speaking only)
plus other people who park there tell me the same exact thing is happening in their cars and that the gas even goes down on the gauge during the winter.
and the garage is basically for people who work there so its mostly dead during the middle of the day

i guess i'll just deal with it...easier than getting a new job
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The guy you should be tipping is the manager, with the understanding that it's contingent on your car not being used as a warming hut.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #5
cmplaya
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The guy you should be tipping is the manager, with the understanding that it's contingent on your car not being used as a warming hut.
i tip him everytime i see him and give him double the holiday tip i give all the other workers...even got into disagreements with him about rims they curb rash pretty bad once every couple months it happens
trying to find balance between letting them know but not getting them to hate me so they start jacking stuff up deliberately
Appreciate 0