F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW 320d F30 no USB port connected !?
Extreme Power House

11-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
Busha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 320d

BMW 320d F30 no USB port connected !?

Hi,

I have tried to update maps on my friends F30 and armrest USB port is not working at all. He says it does not work with mp3 or anything, USB does not glow when plugged.
Car has Business Navi with Move maps and also BT + USB option but that USB is not connected with any cable ! He says his mechanic opened armrest and there is USB plug but there is no cable which suppose to be plugged on the port ?

In glovebox he has only black cover, so no USB there. iDrive shows USB sign in Media and it is greyed out.

How is that possible ? He bought the car used, is there any way to update maps now ? With DVD or something ?
I dont get how armrest USB is not connected with cable and if it can be done. I have told him to go to dealership and ask them to fix it.

Thanks