F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Business Nav to have EBT included from Spring! But from what build date??
Extreme Powerhouse

07-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #441
shane_hants
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icondacarver View Post
Interesting!

Do you have voice control?
Not built in with BMW no. But if you hold down the voice control button, it uses my phones Google Now voice control feature via bluetooth which is actually better than BMW's one.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #442
ken m sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d F36 Gran Coupe

Ok I took delivery yesterday of a F34 (3gt), with Business Nav. How can I check if I have EBT?
      07-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #443
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken m sport View Post
Ok I took delivery yesterday of a F34 (3gt), with Business Nav. How can I check if I have EBT?
The features of EBT (apart from the phone adapter under the armrest) are BT streaming, additional telephone option (for calls), office functions and voice control.

Try these things:

In idrive go to 'telephone' => 'Bluetooth telephone' => highlight your phone => press option or click right => go down and select 'configure Bluetooth' =>
tick all the options => go back => go up to your phone and select it => tick audio

now go to 'media' => 'external devices' => your phone will now be an option to play audio from! Either change track back or forward with idrive or control
from your phones screen.

You should also have Album art from USB stick and iphone through lightning cable, and also full control of music library from iphone in idrive using lightning cable.

Also check if 'Office' works.

And press voice button on steering wheel to see if that works.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #444
ken m sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
The features of EBT (apart from the phone adapter under the armrest) are BT streaming, additional telephone option (for calls), office functions and voice control.

Try these things:

In idrive go to 'telephone' => 'Bluetooth telephone' => highlight your phone => press option or click right => go down and select 'configure Bluetooth' =>
tick all the options => go back => go up to your phone and select it => tick audio

now go to 'media' => 'external devices' => your phone will now be an option to play audio from! Either change track back or forward with idrive or control
from your phones screen.

You should also have Album art from USB stick and iphone through lightning cable, and also full control of music library from iphone in idrive using lightning cable.

Thanks, I will go into the garage now and check.
      07-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #445
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Oh and of course you need to pair the phone first, but i guessed you've already done that!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #446
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken m sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

Try these things:

from your phones screen.

Sooooo, what was the verdict??
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #447
ken m sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes iPhone music streams ok(no album art). Voice control works, just can't get office to work.

Last edited by ken m sport; 07-02-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #448
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yes iPhone music streams ok. Voice control works, just can't get office to work.
You only get album art using the usb cable connected to the phone.

Well, calendar doesn't work with iphones, and email effectively doesn't work either.

But texts do, just make sure you enable notifications for your car from your phones Bluetooth settings here:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #449
Benf
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M-Sport

I just took delivery of a 535d with pro nav but not ebt and that still has voice control and audio streaming. Don't know if different from F3x's
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #450
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf View Post
I just took delivery of a 535d with pro nav but not ebt and that still has voice control and audio streaming. Don't know if different from F3x's
Yep all nav cars have bt streaming, and pro nav cars have voice control now, since March builds.
Appreciate 0