F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW xDrive Event
GetBMWParts

11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
JFREEZISM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6 i35 xDrive M Pkg

BMW xDrive Event

Has anyone else had an opportunity to attend these travel events BMW put on?

I am in the STL area and BMW just put on the subject event at a local track here. They near every vehicle in their line up except the X6...even a few 2014s X5, 5 series GT, and 3 series GT.

It was a 3 day event with 3 - 3 Hour group sessions. They provided food and free BMW Swag (Coffee/Drink Mugs).

They had 3 events, Road Test Drive, Autocross, and Track.

The Test Drive included 3 series, 5 series, X3, X5, 650i, 650 4-door, and the new redesign X5 (fully loaded executive). We did a nice loop on metro east, Illinois streets.

They provided a 328xi and a 335xi for the autocross version. They let us put these car through their paces; I mean folks were seriously hauling through the autocross course lol. The joke was we all should have taken down the VINs in order to not stumble across one of those vehicles used lol It was a great time!

We also had time on the track, each person got 3 laps in two different vehicles; we followed BMW track drivers...not sure if they were pro or just local auto club guys, either way they were older and experience drivers, pretty fast too. My buddy I took with me as a guest and I have done multiple Motorcycle track days at this track so we had an advantage, but those car really held true.

Only rule for the day was to leave Dynamic Stability Control, as it was a "saftey feature". After the day was complete I would have to agree...during the track session an X5 in front of me got way out of whack..but no incidents took place.

For the track session they provide 4 series, 2-650s (one was a convertible), X3, X5, 3 Series GT, 5 Series GT, few 3 series. There was a 1 series, but it was out of gas.

All I can say if you ever get a chance! GO FOR IT! Great time to put brand new $50K - $90K BMW vehicles through their paces.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Sounds cool, how did you get the invite or find out about it?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
JFREEZISM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X6 i35 xDrive M Pkg

I received an email invite...not sure how I got on the list except for being an owner. Definitely was a good time.
Appreciate 0