F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Engine Load/Vibration/Rough Idle
Studio RSR

04-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
AppletonAshley
Rep
Drives: ‘17 X5M

Engine Load/Vibration/Rough Idle

Last week, I had a few issues with my '12 328 and I'm hoping the Bimmerpost family can provide some input. I will try to sum this up as best I can-

Monday:
As I switched into R (steering wheel straight), the car began to shake roughly for a few seconds before knocking itself into N in addition to the engine cutting off. After starting up again, I noticed my idle was a rather low (around 400-500) and before I even made it off my street, I experienced another rough idle as I came up to a stop sign. Noticed a lag in acceleration on my way to/from the office.

Tuesday:
Allowed for roughly a 15-minute warm up, but still experienced the rough idle when shifting into R.
(I live in Dallas, so we have had 70+ degree weather in the morning) Also, engine stalled at a stoplight after shaking. Noticed a lag in acceleration again.

Wednesday/Thursday/Friday:
Cut the wheel just enough to put some load on the engine while backing out- no vibration and no stalls. Still experienced occasional vibrations at stoplights/coming to a stop.

I did not receive any errors and an ODB2 scan did not produce any codes, but I was able to see a drastic spike in my engine load when shifting into R and experiencing the vibrations- as pictured below.

Did some research and I'm going to ask my Indy shop to check my mounts and cabs. Also, I'm going to check for any leaks tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0