F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2016 BMW 328i GT ID4 to ID6 for Carplay
Extreme Powerhouse

09-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #1
yingsuhuaqi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328 xdrive GT

2016 BMW 328i GT ID4 to ID6 for Carplay

I am in us.
My car is as the title showed

I saw some service can flash id4 to id6 to activate carplay like "bimmer remote coding" remotely

May I ask anyone tried that before?

Is it reliable?

I have several questions:

(1) the oem maps work? And it works in my HUD?
(2) All the physical buttons, functions, camera, road assistance, blind spot, audio, and all the other functions work?
(3)What if it freezes in the later days? It can be re-flashed for free?
(4) If go to service in BMW dealers, are they able to do the service related to the coding?
(5) Any potential or possible issues? due to the 2GB ram rather than 4GB? Anything else I need to be notified?
(6) Any other recommended service provider?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 12:21 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingsuhuaqi View Post
I am in us.
My car is as the title showed

I saw some service can flash id4 to id6 to activate carplay like "bimmer remote coding" remotely

May I ask anyone tried that before?

Is it reliable?

I have several questions:

Yes but it should be disclosed to you that the you will see periodic rebooting only if you use the factory navigation system with route guidance active.

(2) All the physical buttons, functions, camera, road assistance, blind spot, audio, and all the other functions work?

These will work just as they did before.

I don't believe any vendor offers this and we have not had any requests to go back to ID4.

(4) If go to service in BMW dealers, are they able to do the service related to the coding?

If you're still under any sort of warranty, I would be a bit careful on this because if they flash the entire car, they will need to also flash the head unit and given that your head unit would be on a different bootloader than the one expected, this will result in a programming abort and you will need to have the the custom flash reapplied from scratch to resolve this issue. Most 2016s are not under warranty so it would not be a concern for them unless there's some sort of major recall down the road.

(5) Any potential or possible issues? due to the 2GB ram rather than 4GB? Anything else I need to be notified?

Generally, if you don't use the factory navigation system at all, you will not run into any issues.

Yes but it should be disclosed to you that the you will see periodic rebooting if you go on long trips using the factory nav system.

These will work just as they did before.

I don't believe any vendor offers this and we have not had any requests to go back to ID4.

If you're still under any sort of warranty, I would be a bit careful on this because if they flash the entire car, they will need to also flash the head unit and given that your head unit would be on a different bootloader than the one expected, this will result in a programming abort and you will need to have the the custom flash reapplied from scratch to resolve this issue. Most 2016s are not under warranty so it would not be a concern for them unless there's some sort of major recall down the road.

Generally, if you don't use the factory navigation system at all, you will not run into any issues.

This is on you
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 10:48 PM   #3
Sari
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

Garage List
Hi All,

I need help flashing my 2016 328i xdrive from id4 to id 6. I am using esys 3.391 and psdzdata full version 4.25.40 I was able to do the whole process but in the end, it gave me an error. I copied the error if in case that would help. There were a few errors showing that the template was too old.

Any help in this will be much appreciated
Appreciate 0