F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Various Error codes after replacing Squib
Extreme Powerhouse

08-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #1
Dijonwolfie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d MSport

Various Error codes after replacing Squib

Hi All! So I've had "One of those days!"

I managed to catch my wiper stalk today and snapped it clean off, with a long drive planned tomorrow. In a rush I managed to find the replacement part (if not a later version number) to replace the entire SZL unit and did a like for like swap. Unfortunately I got a range of error codes:

030350 - K-LIN 16 steering column switch cluster (SZL):Missing LIN slave
030352 - K-LIN 16 message (ST_SZL_LIN): Alive counter fault
030410 - Multifuction steering wheel (MFL): Missing LIN slave

D01734
D01736
D35448
D90C0A
E12C35

All relating to basically not being able to communicate with the various functions of the stalks (Limiter, Cruise Control, Signals, Wipers etc.). When I turn on I get all of the errors on the iDrive as well as the wipers being stuck on. None of the functions of course work on the new stalks.

I figured it was a faulty replacement and tried putting the old one back on to see if I at least got something out of it (I could still use the nub to change the speed of the wipers) however this continued to give the same errors!

Not sure what I've managed to do but any advice gratefully received!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 05:50 AM   #2
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

This sounds like a blown fuse. Please test FEM fuse #10, replace it if it's blown, and report back. It's the upper right-most fuse (5 amp rated).
Appreciate 0