F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Repair NBT Evo Connector
GetBMWParts

09-27-2023, 03:09 PM   #23
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Oh god why you guys care what the value of the damn thing is.
Unsubscribing this thread.
I found the connector on DigiKey: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...A991H/13694690

Last edited by rlesko; 09-27-2023 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
Frankly30137.00
      09-30-2023, 02:13 AM   #24
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
From what I saw on eBay & car-part I routinely saw ATM between 150-200 range. This aligns perfectly with what I said wrt the Evo (notice how you purposely picked the lower data point to push a narrative). My advice would be that if you saw a $39 ATM, you should buy it right away (or maybe not because if its too good to be true...it probably is)!

Just because I enjoy proving you wrong at every turn...Offers were not accepted on this item. The seller made use of the ability to send offers to the watchers of the item, which I ended up using to negotiate. Are you actually suggesting that I have fabricated the images I just sent? Lmao, please stop embarrassing yourself.

By your logic, I have $150 of headroom on this lot before crossing the $700 price point for your Evo + ATM that you were pounding your chest over as being a great buy. So how $700 from you is a great buy, but $550 elsewhere is "2x the price" remains to be seen. You must really enjoy ripping people off!
Thank you for your advice, but I do buy them around $39 all the time.

I literally have boxes of them for a project I’m helping some i3/i8 owners with that need only gps data.

Time to step up your eBay skills.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 02:19 AM   #25
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
Good find! Let me know if you manage to desolder the old connector. I'd love to fix up mine one day too
Appreciate 1
rlesko232.50
      09-30-2023, 03:21 PM   #26
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Thank you for your advice, but I do buy them around $39 all the time.

I literally have boxes of them for a project I’m helping some i3/i8 owners with that need only gps data.

Time to step up your eBay skills.
Cool man, good for you! Now find me a VIN matched pair that isn't blacklisted or on someone else's account for a price lower than $550 and you'll actually have bragging rights. I know you know that buying ATM is a gamble. In any case, I don't even know why you're still on this thread anymore? The purpose of this thread was to see about fixing a connector, not to argue about prices. The thread wasn't titled "I got the cheapest VIN Matched Evo + ATM in world history", which is apparently what you dreamed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Good find! Let me know if you manage to desolder the old connector. I'd love to fix up mine one day too
Will do! I should have the connectors some time next week. That being said, I have a couple other retrofits which I'm trying to complete before installing the Evo, so it may take some time for me to get around to it. I will post back when I do.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 08:10 AM   #27
kwat
Rep
Drives: X1

Hello everyone.
I have NBT Evo ID6 from g30 with touch screen.
There was a short circuit between the screen of the LVDS (CID) cable and the metal base of the touch display.
Now there is a black screen. The navigation on the table starts with a black screen all the time. It responds to idrive commands because the power consumption on the power supply is increasing.
Please help what could have been damaged.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Appreciate 0