F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iTunes not working with idrive
GetBMWParts

01-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

iTunes not working with idrive

Anyone having issues with their iPhones playing music to the car? I have iPhone 6s 10.2 firmware. Ever since I updated to 10.2 the controls on the steering wheel and center counsel idrive won't play the next songs or play them at all. I have to go back to my phone and cycle through the music from there.
I refreshed the BT and whipped it out and still didn't work.
Any idea?
      01-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnrice View Post
Anyone having issues with their iPhones playing music to the car? I have iPhone 6s 10.2 firmware. Ever since I updated to 10.2 the controls on the steering wheel and center counsel idrive won't play the next songs or play them at all. I have to go back to my phone and cycle through the music from there.
Any idea?
Same exact problem here - also a 6s. 2016 340i with supposedly the latest software.

This is frustrating because literally every single other car we own or I have rented in the last 2 years works seamlessly both with Bluetooth or USB - my iPhone and 340i don't play at all
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #3
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
Quote:
Any idea?
Same exact problem here - also a 6s. 2016 340i with supposedly the latest software.

This is frustrating because literally every single other car we own or I have rented in the last 2 years works seamlessly both with Bluetooth or USB - my iPhone and 340i don't play at all
Ya it's Apple fault with their firm ware. My wife today tried to connect and same issue. I'm sure they will come with a fix. Just takes few weeks..
How u like your car? Did you get the mppsk?
I heard that thing and it's so much better than my MPE with bms stage 1.
      01-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any idea?

Ya it's Apple fault with their firm ware. My wife today tried to connect and same issue. I'm sure they will come with a fix. Just takes few weeks..
I mean - our family car (Hyundai Santa Fe) never has any problems - not sure why an iOS update throws off BMW.

Love the 340. Love it. No MPPSK yet - still debating MPPSK vs Dinan vs JB4. Love the manual transmission - such an easy clutch/shifter. Engine is awesome.

This iOS Bluetooth issue is probably my biggest complaint these days. Just ridiculous - no excuse for BMW to have problems like this when no other carmaker seems to.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any idea?

I mean - our family car (Hyundai Santa Fe) never has any problems - not sure why an iOS update throws off BMW.

Love the 340. Love it. No MPPSK yet - still debating MPPSK vs Dinan vs JB4. Love the manual transmission - such an easy clutch/shifter. Engine is awesome.

This iOS Bluetooth issue is probably my biggest complaint these days. Just ridiculous - no excuse for BMW to have problems like this when no other carmaker seems to.
About a week without driving my car it finally started to work agin. No new update from iOS. Maybe it just need to reconfigure or iOS just sent out a tiny update we didn't know about
      01-15-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

CIC here I have no grave issues, but if you want the playlist to show on the HUD, or the screen, you either need to keep Apple Music open with the playlist or it wont show. It is weird. On way to eliminate that is to load the playlist again, or simply keep apple music open all the time. This works with the new iDrive when I get loaners.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGONXF30 View Post
CIC here I have no grave issues, but if you want the playlist to show on the HUD, or the screen, you either need to keep Apple Music open with the playlist or it wont show. It is weird. On way to eliminate that is to load the playlist again, or simply keep apple music open all the time. This works with the new iDrive when I get loaners.
I find that untrue.
If you mean by having the app running in the background of my phone and phone off(screen off) then ya.
By this I can pull up any playlist in my iTunes and control it all through the idrive