F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > F30 Euro-specs: spare tires?
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Teixido
Rep
Drives: 320d Black Saphire Sport (ord)

Question F30 Euro-specs: spare tires?

Hi guys, I'm still a week away from getting my euro-spec'd 320d Sport Line (that's the only engine/spec we get down here) and after watching pretty much E-V-E-R-Y youtube video and click through E-V-E-R-Y link on this forum I got to the conclusion that a F30 US/CANADA Spec doesn't even have a spare tire anymore. Would that be the same on Euro Spec F30s?

I have never driven a RFT before so I wouldn't know how much does the ride and comfort get compromised over the convenience and extra space on the trunk. As always, any input would be appreciated specially at this sweet waiting stage (come on you know the feeling) where all one can do is nitpick every piece of info about the future car.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

We have models in the UK, with and without run-flat tyres. Neither have spare wheels. Like other models of BMW (M-cars for example) a mobility kit is the 'safety net' for punctures. Or carry a spacesaver/full wheel spare in the boot/trunk space.

Not an ideal solution, but that's all we have with BMW these days. Many other manufacturers are the same, no spare wheel, just a mobility kit.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
aarslan
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.20i 2012

To the best of my knowledge, we do not have non-RFT options here in Turkey. The car does not have the spare wheel in the trunk for 3.20d/i.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarslan View Post
To the best of my knowledge, we do not have non-RFT options here in Turkey. The car does not have the spare wheel in the trunk for 3.20d/i.
No spare