F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Review of the GT after 1 month of driving
ARMA SPEED

02-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #23
Bavarianwagon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G31

Always fun to see more people ending up in F34's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmleong View Post
One thing that concerned me was the power of the car. I can say now I have no problems with the power delivery in sports mode(have not tried sports plus yet).
If you mind spending a bit you could opt for the m-performance power-kit (MPPK).
Or even a Dinan equivalent ECU tune-up to bump up the responsiveness of the car.

A lot of people have had positive results with these types of upgrades.

Quote:
There is a good amount of body roll feel when going around corners. The car is always planted, but you can feel the weight. Better than my A6, but no where close to the WRX. I guess you have to expect that with a bigger 4000 pound car.
This is sadly the nature of a higher center of gravity. Seeing as the GT is slightly higher off the ground than the normal F30 3-series.

Quote:
Also the turn signals are very confusing. I often find myself signaling one way and then to cancel overshooting and signalling the other way. I hope I get used to it soon.
Most of us who come from older BMW's can definitely relate, haha.
Took me a few days to re-adjust to the very sensitive modern BMW turn signal stalks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushkr View Post
Well well well. Are you starting an age war here. I hope someone below 30 will speak up here.
I'm below 25 does that count?
Any practical car with speed and competence in the bends is yummy!

I personally think it's just people entering the eco-chamber because they're afraid they won't be seen as "true" BMW enthusiasts unless they hate on everything that isn't an E30 M3.
Most of these people don't even know what the lack of "BMW-ness" that they're always ranting about feels like.
Any new approach from BMW is automatically the spawn of satan and that's that to these people.
2018 430i F36 GC LCI Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #24
pardus
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19' X3 M40i, '03 Z4

if the power, brakes and tranny are your main beefs, I think you bought the wrong model. Did you test drive the 335i with m performance. all those issues are non-existent, way way more power, adaptive sports suspension, killer brakes. I drove the 328i and didn't like it, I thought the 335i was out of budget but wanted to take it for a test drive just so I had a comparison. Within a block, the 328 wasn't even a consideration. If I was going to spend the money, find a way to make it happen with a car I truly would be happy with. Ended up with a loaded 2015 335i demo and a smoking deal, way less than a new 2016 328i.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #25
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
...I drove the 328i and didn't like it....
I've had a 328GT a few times as a loaner. For me it makes more than enough power, but I still did not like it. The engine is too unrefined (for me) for a car that costs $60K. My 335D diesel idles smoother than the 328. The 4-cylinder also sounds like a Honda. I would think BMW could easily solve both the smoothness and sound issues.

I'm likely going to factory order a 3GT later this year (Euro delivery a possibility). The dealers only seem to stock the boring colors, plus I'm looking for more options than typical (top view cameras and radar cruse control). I figure add a few months to the wait and go for a 2017 340GT.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 01:44 AM   #26
dmleong
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus View Post
if the power, brakes and tranny are your main beefs, I think you bought the wrong model. Did you test drive the 335i with m performance. all those issues are non-existent, way way more power, adaptive sports suspension, killer brakes. I drove the 328i and didn't like it, I thought the 335i was out of budget but wanted to take it for a test drive just so I had a comparison. Within a block, the 328 wasn't even a consideration. If I was going to spend the money, find a way to make it happen with a car I truly would be happy with. Ended up with a loaded 2015 335i demo and a smoking deal, way less than a new 2016 328i.
No beef with power as long as I keep it in sports mode. I would rather have a manual transmission, but that is an impossibility even for a 335. For an AT I rather like it. As for brakes I think I just may have to get used to them, but my initial impression is that they need a little more bite. I also had a budget and came under that even after TTL. The only thing I wanted that was missing on this car was the heads up display (and now M brakes) so it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but at $8200 off MSRP I can manage.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #27
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
...As for brakes I think I just may have to get used to them, but my initial impression is that they need a little more bite. ... The only thing I wanted that was missing on this car was the heads up display ....
It seems since around 2010/2011 BMW went to a much lower dusting pad compound on many models. I can actually drive my E90 for hundreds of miles without the wheels turning black from brake dust. A trade off for less dust is less initial bite. For me I'm perfectly happy with the balance.

My wife can't stand heads-up display. I can take it or leave it. But when I put on my polarized sunglasses, it completely disappears!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:49 AM   #28
framebaer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT

Quote:
I don't see myself buying another BMW or any car for another 5 years plus, but if I were to I could see myself buying another GT. Only next time I would order one unless they had exactly what I wanted in stock.
I've had many autos in 50 years of driving. My new 335iGT is the first auto I ever ordered from scratch to get exactly what I wanted, color and all!
When it arrived on the lot it was such a great feeling to see "my exact car" sitting there.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
DR_BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi GT (White/Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushkr View Post
Well well well. Are you starting an age war here. I hope someone below 30 will speak up here.
Got my 2014 328xi GT M-Sport at the age of 25.

Bagged madd B*tches . Back seats space on point.
Attached Images

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1234413
Appreciate 0