F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New texts not appearing
Extreme Powerhouse

09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

New texts not appearing

I have the Nav Pro system and hence extended bluetooth, and I'm finding that new texts received by my phone don't appear on the iDrive screen unless I unpair the phone and re-pair it.

Phone is an Android HTC One X running Android 4.

Anyone else had similar problems or conversely found it works ok?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
LousyShot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS View Post
I have the Nav Pro system and hence extended bluetooth, and I'm finding that new texts received by my phone don't appear on the iDrive screen unless I unpair the phone and re-pair it.

Phone is an Android HTC One X running Android 4.

Anyone else had similar problems or conversely found it works ok?
I don't have a problem with mine. You can go to current office and highlight the messages at the top of the screen and it should update or refresh the information from your phone. I get a message indicator on the top right of the Nav display when I recieve a new message.
Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
I don't have a problem with mine. You can go to current office and highlight the messages at the top of the screen and it should update or refresh the information from your phone. I get a message indicator on the top right of the Nav display when I recieve a new message.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for that. At least I know it should work. I have a feeling a might be because I'm using Handcent as my SMS client rather than the stock client - I'll have to try out a few things.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
bmwf30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 3351 xdrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyShot View Post
Hope it helps.
I see the indicator but is there a way to have it pop up an alert or something when I receive the text? Unless you look for the icon, you'll never know while driving. Am I missing something?
      09-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
LousyShot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

The car doesn't give any type of notification other than the icon on the iDrive screen. I can usually hear the message or email notification from my phone. If I've got the stereo turned up, I don't know about new messages unless I happen to look at the top right corner of the iDrive screen. It doesn't bother me that much since I can't reply through iDrive. It will be nice when the voice command functionality extend to being able to dictate messages and send them hands-free. I've got a bluetooth unit on my motorcycle helmet that lets me dictate text messages and it's kinda handy.
Appreciate 0