F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Retrofit TPMS to FTM on F32 435ix
ARMA SPEED

05-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
silvershad6w
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: n/a

Retrofit TPMS to FTM on F32 435ix

Dear Bimmer fans,

I have gone through the forums and gathered as much info as I could on retrofitting TPMS to an FTM car, before posting this.

Right now I have found that someone was able to do this, but that was for a 5 series. Apart from the necessary hardware (sensors, receiver, module and recoding OBD) I don't know whether this would actually work for my car (2013 build 435ix, hence prior to the default TPMS installation for all bmw cars as of 4-2014).

My bmw dealer (BMW Netherlands) tell me that retrofitting TPMS is not supported by them nor do they provide the info on what parts to order.
Now we all know, that this does not mean it cannot be done, it's just that they can't be bothered to help bimmer enthousiasts like us.

My questions to you guys, before I start ordering the parts and waste money/time:

1) has anyone succeeded in successfully retrofitting TPMS to a 2013 F30/F32?
2) which partnumbers did you order (sensors, receiver, module)

3) What OBD coding is required? based on researching the forums I found that what probably needs to be done is:

Add 2VB to: FA, and VO Code NBT, Kombi, ICM, and RDC.

HU_NBT => REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA = rpa
HU_NBT > 3001, code RDC to activ
HU_NBT > 3001, code RDC_SAFETY to active
HU_NBT > 3001, code RPA to nicht_activ

Any input/experiences whether good or bad, is much appreciated!

I kinda feel like I am left in the dark by BMW Netherlands. Such a shame, we are all car enthusiasts and that's why we drive bimmers, so the least they could do is try to provide the necessary info.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
russellg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi silvershad6w,

I'm also looking to do that. Although I am struggling to find out wjhat ECU part number to use.

From what I understand the ECU is also the receiver, and it looks as if the actual sensors themselves are easy to come by, the ECU and information about it is not.

My car is 11/2013 build so I think its the VDO system, did yo find out any more info?
Appreciate 0