F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Options not on 2016 order/price guide
GetBMWParts

07-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Options not on 2016 order/price guide

Are there any options, such as priority 1, that are not listed in the current 2016 options and price guide?

Specifically I'm wondering about the leather dash option that I've read may be a priority 1 option. If so do we have the pricing info on that?
Will it be an up charge after requiring leather seats? Will the leather dash be available as a package with leather seats, etc...?

And, will Msport brakes be a stand alone option as they have been up to 2015 model year?
I would get the "track pkg" for the M-adaptive, M brakes, and VSS, but I don't like the included dark wheels.
If I order the track pack with Msport can I just keep the included Msport wheels?

Much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by RPM90; 07-13-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Are there any options, such as priority 1, that are not listed in the current 2016 options and price guide?

Specifically I'm wondering about the leather dash option that I've read may be a priority 1 option. If so do we have the pricing info on that?
Will it be an up charge after requiring leather seats? Will the leather dash be available as a package with leather seats, etc...?

Much appreciated, thanks in advance.
If you order a car it is Priority 1.
I do not believe leather dash is being offered in the US for the LCI 3 series at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
If you order a car it is Priority 1.
I do not believe leather dash is being offered in the US for the LCI 3 series at the moment.
Thanks.

Someone on this forum posted that there was a leather dash option listed in priority 1 options. Poster may have been referring to the 'individual' options, not sure that's why I wanted to ask.

On the 2016 price guide there is a "priority 1" section, but it only shows estoril blue color option. "Priority 1" is supposed to refer to a car that is ordered for a customer per the customers selections. So estoril is supposedly a color that a dealer can't order for inventory only for a specific customer.

Yes, leather dash is not currently listed on the order/price guides we have, but perhaps there may be options shown on the dealers order screen that we don't have.
The guides we have right now are great, but even that has an error on the destination charge, which is actually $995, not $950 as shown on the guides.

I'm putting in my order in the next few days so I'll know more about what's on the dealers screen. But I still would be interested in knowing if there are some added items before I go in.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

I put my order in on June 29th and used the order guide to spec out my new 328. Production should be complete by July 17th. The dealer didn't mention a leather dash option. estoril blue is definitely a priority 1 option according to the inventory manager, but I thought any customer ordered car was processed as priority 1 so idk why that's significant? I ended up choosing EB for my car, all pictures I've seen look very impressive.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I took order of a 435 GC M-Sport 5 months ago and believe I was one of the last ones to receive a leather dashboard. I absolutely love this option. $950 and worth every penny. It takes the interior to a whole new level. Get it if you can.
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
I took order of a 435 GC M-Sport 5 months ago and believe I was one of the last ones to receive a leather dashboard. I absolutely love this option. $950 and worth every penny. It takes the interior to a whole new level. Get it if you can.
If it's offered on the 340i Msport I will seriously consider it, but it may be just a GC option.

I'm with EB black interior with ash grain. German site has picts and the new ash grain option looks very nice.
Second option is silver with red interior and ash grain.

I'm doing the order in the next few days so I'll know positively then.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #7
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion0389 View Post
I put my order in on June 29th and used the order guide to spec out my new 328. Production should be complete by July 17th. The dealer didn't mention a leather dash option. estoril blue is definitely a priority 1 option according to the inventory manager, but I thought any customer ordered car was processed as priority 1 so idk why that's significant? I ended up choosing EB for my car, all pictures I've seen look very impressive.
Yes that is what caused my confusion as well.
A poster wrote that the leather dash option is priority 1.
As I wrote seems that P1 is mostly to indicate a customer special order compared to dealer inventory order.
No significance other than if the leather dash option was added and is available under the "priority 1" section.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #8
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
estoril blue is definitely a priority 1 option according to the inventory manager, but I thought any customer ordered car was processed as priority 1 so idk why that's significant?

The dealership cannot order an estoril blue car for inventory, only customer ordered cars. Thats all that means.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #9
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
If it's offered on the 340i Msport I will seriously consider it, but it may be just a GC option.

I'm with EB black interior with ash grain. German site has picts and the new ash grain option looks very nice.
Second option is silver with red interior and ash grain.

I'm doing the order in the next few days so I'll know positively then.
In addition to the leather dash I also have black interior with Ash Grain trim. It is very classy, very stylish. You will love it. I have carbon black exterior.
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #10
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
And, will Msport brakes be a stand alone option as they have been up to 2015 model year?
I would get the "track pkg" for the M-adaptive, M brakes, and VSS, but I don't like the included dark wheels.
If I order the track pack with Msport can I just keep the included Msport brakes?
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago, and my CA investigated this on my behalf. He called NJ (BMWUSA) and was assured that the M brakes were still a $650 standalone option (as they were for the 2015MY). But when we actually tried to place the order, it failed; he placed a call to Germany, and they said it was not possible (without getting into details).

If you note, even on the 2015, selecting the M sport brakes requires one of the 19" wheel options, and the track handling package on the 2016 likewise comes with either the (dark) 398 wheels or a couple of 19" options (for an extra $900). Although I don't have proof of this, I think the issue is that the 398 wheels have the clearance for the larger brakes/calipers and the other 18" wheels do not, hence the options are either those wheels or the larger ones.

Ultimately, I decided/rationalized
  1. I really want the sport brakes and the DHP
  2. I didn't want one of the 19" options, as they were more expensive and ride quality would suffer (especially since they're run-flats and the tires on the 398's are not)
  3. The 398's aren't as dark as they look on the PDF/order guide (see below)
  4. Darker wheels should hide brake dust much better
  5. Lighter body colors work better with the darker wheels, so I opted for the glacier silver metallic (see below)
  6. I'll be investing in a set of winter wheels/tires, so for ~three months I'll have a change of scenery anyway, and TireRack has plenty of light-colored wheels that'll fit.
  7. I think (hope!) they'll grown on me

Good luck!
Attached Images

Last edited by NightWriter; 07-12-2015 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago, and my CA investigated this on my behalf. He called NJ (BMWUSA) and was assured that the M brakes were still a $650 standalone option (as they were for the 2015MY). But when we actually tried to place the order, it failed; he placed a call to Germany, and they said it was not possible (without getting into details).

If you note, even on the 2015, selecting the M sport brakes requires one of the 19" wheel options, and the track handling package on the 2016 likewise comes with either the (dark) 398 wheels or a couple of 19" options (for an extra $900). Although I don't have proof of this, I think the issue is that the 398 wheels have the clearance for the larger brakes/calipers and the other 18" wheels do not, hence the options are either those wheels or the larger ones.

2. I didn't want one of the 19" options, as they were more expensive and ride quality would suffer (especially since they're run-flats and the tires on the 398's are not)
  5. Lighter body colors work better with the darker wheels, so I opted for the glacier silver metallic (see below)
  6. I'll be investing in a set of winter wheels/tires, so for ~three months I'll have a change of scenery anyway, and TireRack has plenty of light-colored wheels that'll fit.

Good luck!
That doesn't look bad at all really with silver.

Still, I don't know if I really want those dark wheels.
As I am leasing again I don't want to get new wheels, but I will be getting different tires.

There might be an issue with the 400M 18" wheel clearance for the optional Msport caliper, but then the optional Msport caliper is pretty much the same caliper as the stock Msport except that the optional one is painted blue. For 2015 you can order Msport brakes that then require the 18" 441 wheels, not 19". 441 style wheel are the same 18" size and style as the 400M wheels except that they are darker.
I think it may be more of a packaging thing for whatever reason that BMW marketing decides to offer.

Do you or anyone else know if there will be a non RFT tire option for the stock Msport wheels - 400M style?

Last edited by RPM90; 07-13-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #12
Brian_R
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340, 08 H3 Alpha, 04 TSX

Quote:

Good luck!
Just remember that the 442s are a $0 option not 900 if you get both M-Sport and Track package. I still haven't figured out why the fogs get deleted in that combo, as well as for some reason they get deleted with the adaptive LEDs.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #13
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_R View Post
Just remember that the 442s are a $0 option not 900 if you get both M-Sport and Track package. I still haven't figured out why the fogs get deleted in that combo, as well as for some reason they get deleted with the adaptive LEDs.
Nope; 442 and 407 wheels are both $900 options on the 340.

My guess is track package provides extra cooling for brakes, so no room for fog lights. Full LED's might have integrated fogs, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nope; 442 and 407 wheels are both $900 options on the 340.

My guess is track package provides extra cooling for brakes, so no room for fog lights. Full LED's might have integrated fogs, not sure.
I think you are correct about the added cooling.
When I got my 2013 335i Msport it too did not come with fog lights.
The word from BMW was that that space was needed to provide added cooling for the Msport.

However, seems they added the fog lights back on, which doesn't make sense for the cooling aspect if it really was a cooling issue.
Did BMW alter the front end air flow so that Msports could have fog lights?
Then, why the change for 2016?
The Msport brakes are not much different than the brakes that come on the Msport. The calipers on a 335i/340i are pretty much the same calipers except for the blue color. On a 328i Msport the calipers are upgraded as well.

So, I think this is something about a "track pack" implying that for the track the cooling will be needed.

According to the guide it can be read that the 21C wheel option is a no cost upgrade when on gets the Msport pkg. And, if you do get the 21C wheel option with Msport, then you must also get the track pack.
21C wheels do require both packages, but it also looks like it will be another $900.

As for the brakes the thing that I hope BMW addressed, though I haven't read that they have for the LCI, is the brake pedal. There is too much travel before the pads bite, and there could be a stiffer feel in the pedal where more pressure is more brake force rather than more pedal travel.
On top of that when I release my brake pedal a bit too quickly it snaps back up and makes a very cheap sounding "thunk" sound like a lower cost Chevy or Ford from 2 decades ago, and that might even be insulting Chevy and Ford
The new Mustang GT and Ecotech I drove had very nice pedal feel and no thunking noises.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #15
RPM90
Major General
Rep

I put my order for 340i Msport.
Silver
Red coral leather
Ash grain and metal trim
M-adaptive
Heated seats
8spd sport AT

1st week of August build. Hopefully I'll get it by 1st week of October in time for an earl B-day present.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #16
fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
I put my order for 340i Msport.
Silver
Red coral leather
Ash grain and metal trim
M-adaptive
Heated seats
8spd sport AT

1st week of August build. Hopefully I'll get it by 1st week of October in time for an earl B-day present.
That is incredibly exciting! My 2016 328 M Sport will finish production on 7-17! Congrats.

I test drove both 335 and 328 before i ordered my car and I didnt notice anything funky with the brake pedal. If anything it was a bit more sensitive than i am used to.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #17
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That is incredibly exciting! My 2016 328 M Sport will finish production on 7-17! Congrats.

I test drove both 335 and 328 before i ordered my car and I didnt notice anything funky with the brake pedal. If anything it was a bit more sensitive than i am used to.
That's good to hear.
BMW does running changes and that's a very good thing.

Your car will be finished on 7/17, that's great.
You'll likely have it by the end of August. My 2013 was finished around that time in 2012 and I picked it up at the end of August in the Chicago area.
It was about 8 weeks.

I wasn't going to get into another F30 as I liked my 2013 335i, but there were a number of things that soured me on it.
But with all the running changes BMW made since my July 2012 build and the changes with the LCI I decided to give it another go.
I cancelled my M235i order so I hope I didn't make a mistake with the 340i.

I'm actually thinking of taking M-adaptive off my order.
I have the DHP in my 335i Msport now and I use sport suspension mode about 90% of the time. So being able to switch doesn't hold much appeal.
An adaptive suspension is technically better as it can adapt it's compression and rebound circuits based on the type of bump or surface driven on.
But having a static sport suspension appeals to me because BMW sport suspensions have always been great, just a bit too soft on the F30, and even my M adaptive has been too soft.

I like the idea that I don't have to switch my suspension over to sport every time I get in the car as it will be there all the time.
What I was strongly hoping for is the BMW would come to it's senses and give the option to individually adjust throttle, steering, trans, and suspension w/adaptive like Audi allows. But, seems that BMW won't do that for whatever ridiculous reason. I test drove an S3, which is a fantastic automobile, and it had individual settings. I just can't understand why BMW doesn't give that to us.
Appreciate 0