F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2012 F30 3-series: Let's say BMW wants your opinions
GetBMWParts

02-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #265
BMWjames
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron1043 View Post
I would like:

1. HUD at $500 or less.
2. Keep Logic7 instead of the Dirac that the cars seem to be heading towards.
3. Carbon fiber as a factory installed trim option.
4. Stronger A/C and heating system.
5. Bring back the residual heating feature; "REST."
6. Smaller packaging of the automatic and manual transmission area on the center console.
7. LED interior bulbs.
YES!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #266
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Here is what I would like.

1. Please make RFT a no cost option for those that like safety over performance. For the rest of us please provide top quality performance tires with a spare tire.

2. An LSD would be a nice addition to the sport package equipped cars.

3. More standard features like keyless start, i-pod integration, heated seats, and alarm system should not be optional but standard on a $35K luxury car..

4. Front and Rear LED lighting.

5. Do not get rid of the orange interior lighting as I love it and its a BMW trade mark.....but instead use more updated 7 series like back light instrument cluster. Also have even more atmospheric lighting through out the cabin to give it that stylish glow.

6. The styling needs to be sporty and stylishly aggressive.

7. The sport package needs to have no bogus (150 mph) speed-limit instead it needs to be de-limited.

8. The sound system needs to be even more powerful and clean.

9. The sport package should come with a thick M-sport steering wheel with flat bottom and bigger paddle shifters and a mean exhaust note.

10. The last but not least for all the technology.....cant u guys design some better and bigger cup holders that can be heated or cooled. Also, the center stack needs to more roomy and bigger. A sunglasses holder would be a nice addition. Plus, a built in standard phone charger that would work with most all phones.

11. Please cut down the 10K-15K mile free oil changes down to at least 7.5K. Not to mention transmission fluid should be changed under free maintenance not latter then 45K miles.

12. Use a bit more carbon fiber all around to reduce weight so that the overall performance is enhanced.

13. Last but not least do not mess with the good steering feel and sharpness. If any thing improve on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #267
answerman
Rep
Drives: 2009 328iX wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Its called profits, do you even want a 3 series in the future? Heck do you even want a BMW in the future.

Sorry but if they pulled out all the "luxury items" in these cars the only people who would buy them are the true enthusiast, which honestly dont amount to a hill of beans.

We are at best less then 10% of the BMW buying public. It would turn BMW into a niche player which is great for enthusiast, but with the over head the BMW has and the amount they currently sell it would bring them right under.

So I think we need to stop talking about roll up windows and non powered seats in a 3 series, it just isnt going to happen, and honestly its not feasible.

Now what they could do though is bring some of the Euro versions over, such as the club sports with the 4 cyc they are really nice and light, or bring the CSL over. You wouldnt sell many, but enthusiasts get what they want, and everyone else gets the other 3 series models.
Mostly good points, but it is possible to get a 3 series without power seats; a friend bought an '06 with manual seats from dealer stock. But why is the 3 only $35k+ car that charges extra for power seats? And why can't we have cloth seats instead of plastic?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #268
answerman
Rep
Drives: 2009 328iX wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I've read most of the posts on this thread; I agree with most, if not almost all.

Just a few things though: I'm not saying we shouldn't voice our opinion, but take into account that BMW is not designing this car for its enthusiast customers. It's unfortunate, but true. From a business standpoint, they can't try to stick to heritage and a few fans and forget their relevance to the bigger picture (full customer base).

A few things that have come up countless times that I would love to see, but am almost certain won't happen:

- DCT
They are going to the 8-speed auto, so DCT will 99% chance not happen.

- Same size
The car is going to be bigger, maybe marginally, but it will be bigger - it has happened with every predecessor generation, no reason why it won't happen to this one. The general consumer (especially North American, thinks bigger = better = better value), so it will gain a little bit of size here and there to give more interior room, trunk space, etc)

- Lighter
If it's slightly bigger, it's reasonable to expect to weigh the same or SLIGHTLY less, but nothing significant like 200lbs.

- Cloth seats
Could happen if they do a "performance" line, but it won't be a generally available/standard option because in the eye of general consumer, leather = luxury, and BMW stands for luxury, so it must have it.

- RFT delete
Again, general public thinks apart from the cost, RFTs are good because they are safer. At least that's what BMW gets them to believe, and most buy it. I don't disagree, they are safer, but you pay a big price (not just financially) for that slight increase in safety.
Leather = luxury, maybe, but plastic = cheap. Good fabric would be a lot more luxurious than plastic - and wouldn't need seat heatrers. Better seats, less weight and less cost!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #269
piggelin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 2005

i have only one request (after the already written ones)

oil tempreture!!!!!!!111
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #270
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Back up camera would rock
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #271
scubajag
Scuba-JAG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2006&07 B.R. E-92

1. Better colors - look at the Japanese and American Cars - great colors, especially the off-reds. Get rid of the vermillion red, and at least revert to the Barbera Red.
2. Move the front drink holders to the center console.
3. Keep the RFT, but place a donut sprare in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #272
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

- Certify and bring 335d with 300hp diesel to USA/Canada.
- Make iPod integration, Bluetooth, Alarm, key-less entry and push button start STANDARD.
- Sport package with LSD (optional), flat bottom steering wheel
- Much Better standard Stereo.
- Lose RFT
- Improve AC/Heating systems
- Make it lighter
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #273
scubajag
Scuba-JAG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2006&07 B.R. E-92

Get a better selection of colors. Look at darker reds, greens, and almond whites. BMW is way behind the times in color selection.
Appreciate 0