F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > BMW and Brexit
ARMA SPEED

06-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #45
aloo6
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F31 330d

It's democracy........it's fucked. if we didn't leave the EU we would collapse quicker.

Look at Scotland, up here we voted to stay within UK and the hour after the result they said they will go for a second one. Either way no one truly believes their votes matter and they just don't bother.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #46
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
As you clearly have some ability to see into the future - can I please have the winning lottery numbers for the next big rollover - cheers

Seems a whole lot like Airbus are using the vote to leave the EU as an excuse to move to China and reduce costs. I could understand their argument if they were to leave and go to an EU country.
Airbus already manufacture in China.

However you can put money on both BMW and airbus (and anyone else) that move out of the UK, work will not go to the EU at least not Germany due to higher wages than the UK.

If it went to another EU country it would be wherever the lowest labour rates are.
Appreciate 1
Malone288.50
      06-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #47
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Bullshit. And you mean article 50.
That I do, apologies. I remember a statement a while back from the French president mentioning that it was possible. The author of the clause also said it is possible. However if we did, well, the fallout would be hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
As you clearly have some ability to see into the future - can I please have the winning lottery numbers for the next big rollover - cheers

Seems a whole lot like Airbus are using the vote to leave the EU as an excuse to move to China and reduce costs. I could understand their argument if they were to leave and go to an EU country.
Based on how it has already effected the country in terms of the currency and prices, this will have a much larger effect on the current generation of young people rather than the older generations who are in a more comfortable state.

Considering what I've seen thus far of the absolute farce being made of negotiations and May being very clear she will gladly leave with a no deal, I don't exactly have much hope for the financial stability of the country. In the short term, it's going to hurt, beyond that there is uncertainty. It could go well, it could be an absolute shambles. However in this situation I am preparing for the worst case scenario when it comes to the young people I have charge of.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #48
Cero ceto
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport+

Why don't you just grow a pair and have faith in the UK industry. Most people are far too quick to blame Brexit for any company failings! If I company is going to fail it will and it's not the fault of us leaving the EU. The EU is probably the most carupt organisation in the world. A lot of other countries within the EU are also starting to question its strangle hold on their own democracy. if and its a big if the UK makes a sucess of leaving the EU then watch the rats leave a sinking ship! I at least have every faith in the UKs ability long term. Yes it will not be easy, however long term (10-15) years it will be the best thing the UK would have ever done for the population of the U.K. Role on brexit.
Appreciate 1
LobB5109.00
      06-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #49
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSIIJAR View Post
carupt
Lol.

I think Brexit is a really odd cult. How can you think the E.U. is carupt (sic) and Farage and the rest of the Russian linked leave.eu aren’t...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0