F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Dealer Says That They Aren't Allowed To Sell The 3 Series GT Right Now...
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #23
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhat
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
Did you ask him if this is a decision by this dealership only or BMWNA?
When we got there to test drive the GT, we were told that they didn't have the car ready for us, because of the "no sale". He said it was a "safety issue" and BMW wouldn't let them sell the GT.

He also said: I would love to sell you one, but I can't.

He also offered to sell us a "new" 2013 5 series at a steep discount, because it is the previous year's model. "New" apparently means a car with 9,000+ miles that was put into service a while ago.

It is strange. I would really like to know what is going on over there, but I won't stress myself. It sucks to have to drive hours away, but I would prefer dealing with people who actually want my business.
That is just disgusting. I wouldn't touch that sales guy/dealership. Seems like total BS, and just out to rip you off. I'd be careful about servicing a car there too... There's a BMW dealership near me that has a online reputation for telling people to fix/service things that aren't necessary, or cars coming out of service in worse shape than before so the owner would have to pay for extra repairs.... Sounds like you may have one of them too.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #24
Globe2c
Rep
Drives: 2001 E46 325Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoWhat View Post
When we got there to test drive the GT, we were told that they didn't have the car ready for us, because of the "no sale". He said it was a "safety issue" and BMW wouldn't let them sell the GT.

He also said: I would love to sell you one, but I can't.

He also offered to sell us a "new" 2013 5 series at a steep discount, because it is the previous year's model. "New" apparently means a car with 9,000+ miles that was put into service a while ago.

It is strange. I would really like to know what is going on over there, but I won't stress myself. It sucks to have to drive hours away, but I would prefer dealing with people who actually want my business.

My 3GT finished production the week before last and finally made it onto a ship this week. I haven't heard anything from my CA or anyone else that there is any problem with 3GTs. Nothing in the press either. Sounds like a shady dealer. Bummer that you now have to go so far out of your way. I guess we are lucky there are A TON of BMW dealerships in the LA metro area (20 within a 50 mile radius!) What part of the US do you live in where the next BMW dealership is "hours away?" (Your location just says "US.")
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #25
WhoWhat
Rep
Drives: GT 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe2c View Post
My 3GT finished production the week before last and finally made it onto a ship this week. I haven't heard anything from my CA or anyone else that there is any problem with 3GTs. Nothing in the press either. Sounds like a shady dealer. Bummer that you now have to go so far out of your way. I guess we are lucky there are A TON of BMW dealerships in the LA metro area (20 within a 50 mile radius!) What part of the US do you live in where the next BMW dealership is "hours away?" (Your location just says "US.")
I am in Florida. Many of the BMW dealerships have the same owners. To avoid a dealership owned by these people I would have to drive close to two hours. To get to the dealership that seems to be the most courteous and straight forward, I am looking at about a 3 hour drive.

I am pretty sure the dealership is lying. I don't why, but I will find what I want. I just don't want anything to do with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #26
WhoWhat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcq784 View Post
That is just disgusting. I wouldn't touch that sales guy/dealership. Seems like total BS, and just out to rip you off. I'd be careful about servicing a car there too... There's a BMW dealership near me that has a online reputation for telling people to fix/service things that aren't necessary, or cars coming out of service in worse shape than before so the owner would have to pay for extra repairs.... Sounds like you may have one of them too.
Yeah. I am worried about using them for servicing. If they behave this way, when some one is trying to buy a car, they are probably horrible when it comes to servicing.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #27
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

My buddy just bought a 3 GT and loves it but he's having trouble sending directions from Google into the navigation system and they haven't been able to fix it. They may have to open a PUMA case. I couldn't imagine they would stop selling cars for something like that but it's possible if all the navigation units are defective.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #28
pablobaq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
I am in Florida. Many of the BMW dealerships have the same owners. To avoid a dealership owned by these people I would have to drive close to two hours. To get to the dealership that seems to be the most courteous and straight forward, I am looking at about a 3 hour drive.

I am pretty sure the dealership is lying. I don't why, but I will find what I want. I just don't want anything to do with them.
I just ordered mine with a friend that works at a BMW dealer in Fort Lauderdale.
If you are in S-Florida and this is not so far away, I can connect you with someone that will be happy to help you.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #29
bmw-again
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 440xi GC-15 X1 xline

Mine has just finished assembly and is on the boat right now headed to u.s. Just finished production earlier this week. Hey Globe when is the boat slated to hit shores. We are both probably on same ship as our GTs both just finished production. I was going to call bmwusa today but never got around to it. My track my build says en route to us. Just got my vmr 19's powder coated in mirror black and ready to hit the car as soon as it lands. Cannot wait!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #30
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

I'm sorry to hear that you were denied the chance to order, or even test drive, a 3 GT. I'm also sorry that some folk appear to have been experiencing problems with the iDrive etc.

But . . . just to let you all know, my 328i GT Luxury is 6 months old today and, (I'm crossing my fingers now), I haven't had a single issue with it and just loving the car.

This is my 6th new BMW and all the previous cars have been 6 cylinder engines, so I was a little apprehensive about the smoothness and response of the 4 cylinder engine. Absolutely no worries whatsoever about the power, smoothness and acceleration.

I just hope everyone gets their niggling problems sorted and that the OP gets to order his dream car.
Good luck from NE Scotland.
      03-02-2014, 05:09 AM   #31
Dark-Sider
X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunRevn View Post
My buddy just bought a 3 GT and loves it but he's having trouble sending directions from Google into the navigation system and they haven't been able to fix it. They may have to open a PUMA case. I couldn't imagine they would stop selling cars for something like that but it's possible if all the navigation units are defective.
Well, google send 2 car does not work for any car right now. Google wasn't able to enable that function within their new maps-layout, and they now switched off the classic google maps. So a PUMA case with BMW will not be of much help kicking google's butt to reimplement the feautre.

:-)

bye
Darky
      03-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #32
netsurfr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M Monte Carlo Blue

Garage List
Google Send 2 Car still works in the classic google maps (at least here in the US). Just used it yesterday and today. Google said they will be adding it back to the new version but in the meantime you can opt to use the classic (older) version of Google Maps and still use the feature.

Also... there's an app for iphones & droids called Send To Car that will allow you to search using your iphone's map and send to various cars (bmw included). Works great for when not in front of the PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Sider View Post
Hi,

Well, google send 2 car does not work for any car right now. Google wasn't able to enable that function within their new maps-layout, and they now switched off the classic google maps. So a PUMA case with BMW will not be of much help kicking google's butt to reimplement the feautre.

:-)

bye
Darky
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
FunRevn
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Also... there's an app for iphones & droids called Send To Car that will allow you to search using your iphone's map and send to various cars (bmw included). Works great for when not in front of the PC.
Thanks you so much for that. I was wondering if there was such an APP.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #34
netsurfr
Private
Rep

Garage List
You're welcome. I too was looking/hoping for such an app over the last 3 years and just found out about it 2 weeks ago. You can use siri to do voice search and then send the directions to the bmw so faster than the bmw app which does the same but w/ extra steps and w/o iphones maps or voice features.

Quote:
Thanks you so much for that. I was wondering if there was such an APP.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #35
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by concerthiker View Post
I have 335GT for ten days now. I can verify the idrive randomly reboots just about once a day. It's seriously annoying since I never drive without music playing. I haven't had it affect any other driving system. My service center said it was a software glitch they haven't fixed and to check with him next month. He's a good friend so I know he's not blowing me off. Anyone else experience this or hear anything about it?

Op I can see BMW denying drives/sales if there's a serious problem but I'm surprised it only seems to be one dealer claiming awareness of this.
If your iDrive randomly reboots everyday my bet is you have a bad harddisk. Get them to swap the unit and all will be fine.

I have a July build MY14 F30 with the new NBT/Touch controller iDrive. No rebooting ever and thats with the original first rev software. I did have the car upgraded in December with the November production update. Still no rebooting. Other niggly issues, but no rebooting.
      03-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #36
netsurfr
Private
Rep

Garage List
How does one find out that there's an new/updated iDrive version that dealer should upgrade to?

I've never had the dealer update any of my iDrive software in the past so I imagine it's up to customer to know and request it?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I did have the car upgraded in December with the November production update. Still no rebooting. Other niggly issues, but no rebooting.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #37
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
imagine it's up to customer to know and request it?
very good question, I have the f34 with Professional and was told the updates happen over the air... for some reason I dont think that is possible...

In any case, all I found for now are software updates available here - you will need the last digits of your VIN.

www.bmw.com/update
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #38
netsurfr
Private
Rep

Garage List
Found & installed updates for my car. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
very good question, I have the f34 with Professional and was told the updates happen over the air... for some reason I dont think that is possible...

In any case, all I found for now are software updates available here - you will need the last digits of your VIN.

www.bmw.com/update
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #39
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My buddy just bought a 3 GT and loves it but he's having trouble sending directions from Google into the navigation system
Its not easy to set this up and here the steps I remember in case we missed something - here in the UK, I was asked to register the car in the Connecteddrive portal - please note that this portal is different from one country to another, the best way to do this would be to go to your local bmw page.

For me, I went to bmw.co.uk - then in the toolbar
OWNERS>BMW ConnectedDrive services > APPLICATION FOR
BMW CONNECTED DRIVE SERVICES

Go through the form and you will receive 2 SMS with a user name and password. Note that it took like 2 days for those SMS to arrive.

With the User name and passwords, I then went to
www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk

Then go to SETTINGS / SECURITY SETTINGS / ACTIVATE REMOTE SERVICES and tick your car and SAVE.

Next, go to the car - in the menus you should be able to find where to input the username/password.

Next is to install the iPhone app which is called "BMW remote" - here I suggest you delete the app and reinstall it if you already had it. Open the app, login with the username/password and the app will ask you to choose a 4 digit "pin" - you will now be able to use this app to locate the car, turn light on, or use the "online search" to send an address to the car.

I know this thread went way of of subject but hope this is useful info for somebody out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #40
FunRevn
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the info.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
WhoWhat
Rep

Small update... I purchased the 3 GT from another dealership. We love it. Thanks for all of the advice and help.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #42
netsurfr
Private
Rep

Garage List
You should drive up to the other dealer in the GT & mess w/ the sales guy for fun!

Quote:
Small update... I purchased the 3 GT from another dealership. We love it. Thanks for all of the advice and help.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #43
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I purchased the 3 GT from another dealership. We love it.
Owesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #44
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
You should drive up to the other dealer in the GT & mess w/ the sales guy for fun!
+1

Appreciate 0