F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New 335xi Nav annoyance
Extreme Powerhouse

02-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
4wheelspin
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi

New 335xi Nav annoyance

So I picked up my new ED 335xi last week from the dealer. When I was a few miles away I pushed the Nav button and it said to 'enter your activation code'. Hmmm??? That's not right.

Went back to the dealer and they had no clue why it wasn't working. Sent off for an activation code which didn't come until the next day. Entered it and nothing! Still wouldn't work. Drove it to the dealer on Saturday and they tried entering it 4 or 5 times. No luck (like I couldn't handle putting in a few numbers). So, brought someone to escalate to Puma (or something like that) who promised to investigate and call me back that same day. Of course they didn't! (btw, I'm probably more annoyed by them not calling then by it not working - don't promise to call if you have no intention of following through.)

Spoke to the service manager today who said they are trying to get a new code.

I know the system works since I used the Nav in Europe. Just can't get it to work here.

Annoying!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
:/ huh...

I'm just curious...did you get the new nav? (the latest hardware/software upgrade)

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
4wheelspin
Rep

Nope. Old nav. But doesn't work so doesn't really matter which it is
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
So I picked up my new ED 335xi last week from the dealer. When I was a few miles away I pushed the Nav button and it said to 'enter your activation code'. Hmmm??? That's not right.

Went back to the dealer and they had no clue why it wasn't working. Sent off for an activation code which didn't come until the next day. Entered it and nothing! Still wouldn't work. Drove it to the dealer on Saturday and they tried entering it 4 or 5 times. No luck (like I couldn't handle putting in a few numbers). So, brought someone to escalate to Puma (or something like that) who promised to investigate and call me back that same day. Of course they didn't! (btw, I'm probably more annoyed by them not calling then by it not working - don't promise to call if you have no intention of following through.)

I know the system works since I used the Nav in Europe. Just can't get it to work here.

Annoying!
ED cars should have had the North American maps loaded and activated at the VPC on entry to the US. Are you sure the dealer didn't mess with the system? I find it nearly incomprehensible that the VPC wouldn't have done this correctly.

In my two ED experiences, the VPC was the last place where there was complete competence with and care of the cars. The dealers are hacks; they know very little and manage to spend lots of effort doing very little well.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
4wheelspin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post

Annoying!
ED cars should have had the North American maps loaded and activated at the VPC on entry to the US. Are you sure the dealer didn't mess with the system? I find it nearly incomprehensible that the VPC wouldn't have done this correctly.

In my two ED experiences, the VPC was the last place where there was complete competence with and care of the cars. The dealers are hacks; they know very little and manage to spend lots of effort doing very little well.
I suspect something else was wrong. They've had the car for two days now and just called to say that it is ready to pick up. They said that they got it to work "for a short time" but then it failed again. So really not sure what the underlying problem was. I'll certainly ask for details when I pick it up in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
bxdw
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92, F30 335i Sport

Did you enter the code in right? I had to enter the code in myself and my CA told me to double check the code since the system will lock itself if you mess it up after the first attempt.
Appreciate 0