F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Free BSI Plus!!
ARMA SPEED

09-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Mike.T
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i M-Sport AW

Free BSI Plus!!

For all those not on Corporate check this out! Not sure if its true but should definitely ask about it.

According to the article all vehicles purchased or delivered between Sept 12 to Oct 12 will have free BSI Plus.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/549...er-and-october

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

indeed it is true to BMW Australia:

http://bmw.com.au/com/en/insights/Pr...360+Event_1%2E

fine print:
Offer applies at participating BMW Dealers while stocks last on new BMW vehicles ordered and delivered between 1 September and 31 October 2012 and cannot be combined with any other offer.

So pretty much means: "buy a car we have in stock and you can enjoy this offer... place a factory order and you'll miss out"
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Thanks for the info..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
indeed it is true to BMW Australia:

http://bmw.com.au/com/en/insights/Pr...360+Event_1%2E

fine print:
Offer applies at participating BMW Dealers while stocks last on new BMW vehicles ordered and delivered between 1 September and 31 October 2012 and cannot be combined with any other offer.

So pretty much means: "buy a car we have in stock and you can enjoy this offer... place a factory order and you'll miss out"
Indeed! I am one of those unlucky ones that cannot get on the corporate program. They said that the Federal Government hasn't signed on yet and being a employee of the Federal Govt I don't get it.

So I emailed my sales representative today and she said the offer is only for cars sold at full price and since I negotiated a discount it is not available to me

Oh well....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.T View Post
So I emailed my sales representative today and she said the offer is only for cars sold at full price and since I negotiated a discount it is not available to me

Oh well....
Really? I'd check that with BMW Australia, as from my understanding the program is given by BMW Australia and the discount is usually the dealer cutting their profit margin? The terms say "any other offer"? Is a discount really an offer? I'd push it! what the hell can only try!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Indeed! I am one of those unlucky ones that cannot get on the corporate program. They said that the Federal Government hasn't signed on yet and being a employee of the Federal Govt I don't get it.

Oh well....
Thats totally BS... no one ever pays freaking full price. I would expect some level of integrity when doing business.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Quote:
Oh well....
You just gotta walk away and into the other dealer... or remind the dealer that is one option open to you...

One thing to keep in mind... you have the $$ and they want the sales... you are the winner in any case
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

I emailed my dealer to see if I am able to get on this.

Knowing what businesses are like, I'm not expecting to get this included with my new car...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #9
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Really? I'd check that with BMW Australia, as from my understanding the program is given by BMW Australia and the discount is usually the dealer cutting their profit margin? The terms say "any other offer"? Is a discount really an offer? I'd push it! what the hell can only try!
Checked with BMW Australia today. I told them my situation being that my car was ordered in July due for delivery October and that my Sales Rep said no to free BSI Plus because I negotiated a discount.

BMW Australia basically said that the deal is only for new cars ordered and delivered between September 12 - October 12. So I said mine is delivered in October 12. No it must be ordered and delivered (ie ordered new september and delivered in October). Sounds like a load of bullsh!t to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #10
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

I didn't know you had already ordered your car... I thought you were looking to order one...

In this case my comment above does not stand
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #11
Paninaro
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ij05 View Post
Checked with BMW Australia today. I told them my situation being that my car was ordered in July due for delivery October and that my Sales Rep said no to free BSI Plus because I negotiated a discount.

BMW Australia basically said that the deal is only for new cars ordered and delivered between September 12 - October 12. So I said mine is delivered in October 12. No it must be ordered and delivered (ie ordered new september and delivered in October). Sounds like a load of bullsh!t to me.
I think you're missing the point people. BMW are trying to move current stock before it gets too old and is replaced by 2013MY spec vehicles. Dealers only have a set margin with which to play with and you can only have 1 slice of the cake. IMO if your buying based on discount then go buy a Merc....lol.
      09-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
fd80
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Yeah sorry I didn't see the bit about ordering in July, similar situation to me and I don't expect the bonus. It's obviously for stock cars, and cars on the boat.

But my point remains, this being a BMW bonus, surely if you go in to negotiate a discount with the dealer now, you can get the discount and the bonus? Why not negotiate and expect a discount... Better a dollar in your pocket then someone elses.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
I think you're missing the point people. BMW are trying to move current stock before it gets too old and is replaced by 2013MY spec vehicles. Dealers only have a set margin with which to play with and you can only have 1 slice of the cake. IMO if your buying based on discount then go buy a Merc....lol.

Yeah fair point on moving stock however I think the actual offer should have been presented a little bit clearer. Also I think everyone is trying to get the best deal no matter what type of car you buy. You have have 1 slice of the cake but you can do your best to get the largest piece. So I guess no matter what car you buy whether its a Merc or BMW or Hyundai anyone is going to go for a largest discount/best deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #14
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep

Dealer got back in touch with me about the offer. Typical business playing hardball but at this stage I just want the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #15
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakkas View Post
Dealer got back in touch with me about the offer. Typical business playing hardball but at this stage I just want the car.
+1

Not cancelling now over free servicing. Plus mine has just started to track on the shipping websites so I'm just glad the wait is almost over.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #16
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep

^ like.

Mine just finished construction few days ago. Dealer reckon delivery late oct / early nov.

Been so bloody long!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #17
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

I have email confirmation from worthington BMW that my car if delivered in october it will get the free 3 year service. I ordered my car mid August. I received a letter saying delivery is week 41 which should be mid October.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
Mike.T
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
I have email confirmation from worthington BMW that my car if delivered in october it will get the free 3 year service. I ordered my car mid August. I received a letter saying delivery is week 41 which should be mid October.
Do you mind me asking if you paid full price for the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #19
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

No, I got almost $6k discount but then I added like $3k of extras. My car was started on 31 august and should be off the production line, rang the dealer yesterday to confirm about my different wheels and they expect my car to be in by 3rd or last week of October knowing my luck I'll get it on 1st of November after the offer is finished. They were very nice on the phone and said they wanted my car to be here by October and that I will be eligible for the 360 offer. This is the third car I have bought of them so maybe they are being cordial.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep

What a joke! My dealership said cause the offer was made after the promotion was made I will be ineligible for the offer even though my car is expected to be delivered in October.

Plus my car finished production a few days ago, and he reckons it will arrive late October/early Nov. Sounds too long?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
Mike.T
Private
Rep

So just to double check....I called BMW Australia today for the second time and they confirmed that the car must be ordered and delivered within the 1 September 2012 and 31 October 2012. If its ordered outside of the time frame and delivered within you are ineligible for the deal. Again if it is ordered within the time frame and delivered outside of time frame then ineligible for the deal.

I think that it will be at the local dealer's discretion to give the free BSI or not. In other words BMW Australia is not really going to care if its outside the specified dates. The attitude was if you want it, negotiate directly with your local dealer. I guess since most of our deals are done free BSI is not going to be forthcoming unless you roll the dice and say you will take your money and go else where. Even then you will lose your deposit etc.

I'm not really that concerned about the free servicing but it was worth asking about just in case we were eligible
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

My car has been completed but it is still not on a ship, the 360 offer is nice but it does appear like a dealer discretion thing, as I mentioned this is the third car I have bought of them. The thing I would prefer instead of the 360 offer would be like a 1% interest rate like Nissan is offering or the 0.7% interest rate on Holden's atm. Mercedes Benz had a 2% offer last year but I kinda stick to BMW now.
Also since that deal is almost impossible to obtain due to manufacturing and delivery timeframes, it could easily classify as a type of false advertising or trying to encourage vehicle sales while offering free service and at time of delivery telling you that you can't have it due to the small print. The offer really needs to have at least a 3 month window or even better a 6 month timeframe.
I think they might be leaving themselves open to a dpt of fair trading inquiry
Appreciate 0