F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Network Leaseplan not honouring 330d M-sport deals due to build delays
proTUNING Freaks

09-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Network Leaseplan not honouring 330d M-sport deals due to build delays

Anyone else had an email like this from their Network Leaseplan-linked broker this morning ?

Quote:
"We have a problem with yours and many other BMW 330d orders.

The expected delivery is currently showing March of next year, this is due to BMW taking mass order .

This causes 2 major issues:

1. It will mean the delivery is delayed massively obviously inconveniencing you.

2. WORST OF ALL! It means we cannot honour the special offer rates! The deal as agreed with Network lease plan is for vehicles delivered THIS YEAR DECEMBER LATEST!

We would normally in this circumstance bump up orders as best we can, however BMW have said in this instance it is NOT an option!

All we can do realistically is offer you a alternative vehicle on an alternative deal?

We will of course as a gesture of good will give you a cost price deal!

Are there any other vehicles of interest? We currently have very attractive deals on the Mercedes range?"
If so, what do you plan to do ? Just walk away ? I'm going to go for a long walk and shout obscenities at innocent wildlife, then make a decision....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Oh no

This does seem to echo with my order lead time (with another broker) but at least mine is arriving in Dec.

Don't think you had much choice to see what 'cost' deals they can offer and make sure they are a lot cheaper than what is usually offered.
      09-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

That doesn't sound good at all and I thought these lease deals (eg 330d at £335 a month) seemed too good to be true.

So if you leave it as it is you have to wait 6 months for your car but it is likely for the price to go up by the time you get it?

Sounds like walk away and try something else. In 6 months the lease could be even higher than a lease price now (for all other leasing companies - not the deal you got) if the list price of the car goes up.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Man that sucks. My dealer told me that part of the finance deal that Network were doing was that the cars had to be registered in 2012. So it's not surprising that if the car build date goes into 2013 they cannot honour the agreement since they've breached the terms of the finance.

When I was asking about moving my build date to get the new NAV, this is what he said:

Quote:
Unfortunately, all production on 330d M Sports is at capacity, which means that if he wanted the New Professional Navigation System he wouldn't see his car until January 2013, however, all vehicles through the Network campaign must be registered this year.
Thankfully, I've not had any correspondence through as yet and my car was confirmed as not having had delays only a couple of days ago

Still ... really bad of Network to "sell" more cars than they can fulfil
      09-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
That doesn't sound good at all and I thought these lease deals (eg 330d at £335 a month) seemed too good to be true.
Well, it is in this case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Man that sucks. My dealer told me that part of the finance deal that Network were doing was that the cars had to be registered in 2012. So it's not surprising that if the car build date goes into 2013 they cannot honour the agreement since they've breached the terms of the finance.

When I was asking about moving my build date to get the new NAV, this is what he said:

Thankfully, I've not had any correspondence through as yet and my car was confirmed as not having had delays only a couple of days ago

Still ... really bad of Network to "sell" more cars than they can fulfil
i guess its very oversubscribed....so maybe not the lease brokers fault
      09-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Oh no

This does seem to echo with my order lead time (with another broker) but at least mine is arriving in Dec.

Don't think you had much choice to see what 'cost' deals they can offer and make sure they are a lot cheaper than what is usually offered.
5 days ago they were telling me mine would arrive on December 17th......
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Man so you only had two weeks' grace period. Once you'd slipped two weeks, Network could no longer honour their agreement. That's proper sucky man - I feel for ya
      09-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by warberry View Post
So sorry to hear this.

Did you get any actual documents to sign from Network through your broker (Central) or was it just Central telling you porky pies?
      09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
andymj
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

I'm getting a F31 330d M from LeasePlan themselves (company car). I'm consistently told there is no delay, and Im getting the car in about 3 weeks.

I do hear that it's "one rule for company car buyers, and another for personal buyers".

Maybe as I pay full whack, I get special treatment ;o)
2012 BMW 330d .. gone
2009 MB C250 .. gone
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Oh Nooooo awful news

.....tell them you want a 530D for a tenner a month more

BMW better not delay mine, there will be blood shed
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warberry View Post
Oh fcuk - that's even worse
      09-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

I hope you other guys dont get stitched up as well. TMP, could be the crappy Astra hire car for a while longer and you'll be wishing you kept the E90 330d LOL!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I hope you other guys dont get stitched up as well. TMP, could be the crappy Astra hire car for a while longer and you'll be wishing you kept the E90 330d LOL!
My exact thoughts, although i had the assurance of the dealer of the date ( albeit , via the broker )

I do feel a little exposed I have to say...but then as you know I have been looking a other options as not happy about waiting until Dec.
      09-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed ...
      09-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
PF64
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed ...
This will be my stratergy to.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #16
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

It is well known that 'lease' companies only get low priority when it comes to build slots....if a normal customer orders a car, they will bump the lease deal slot.

These low price lease car deals are like waiting on stand-by for an airline, if the production isn't used up you get your slot......if the plane is full.....you don't.... you get to wait for the next one......SUCKS!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

It's that "well known" I'd never heard it before

I think it's much more likely that there have been literally too many submissions for build slots at the BMW factory and they can't keep up. Dealers give the standard 6-8 weeks timeframe to the lease companies and then when BMW actually sort their factory out they find they've got way too many orders for 6cyl diesels and they can't keep up.

That's my best guess
      09-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #18
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I've had countless leased company cars, ALL of them have been on much longer lead times than if you walked into said dealer and ordered one.....unless you go for one of the 'cancelled order' ones that is.

At the end of the day, the major OEM's use the lease car discount route to ensure high production levels (this is most efficient use of factory). If demand from dealer network goes up, discounts to lease go down. It seems BMW have predicted the uptake on the 330D wrong, and allowed a discount scheme to leasing far off what it should have been.

I feel for everyone this affects. You take your time agonising over your new car purchase, then go ahead with it and the nerves get replaced by excitment.....then Bam all gone
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's that "well known" I'd never heard it before

I think it's much more likely that there have been literally too many submissions for build slots at the BMW factory and they can't keep up. Dealers give the standard 6-8 weeks timeframe to the lease companies and then when BMW actually sort their factory out they find they've got way too many orders for 6cyl diesels and they can't keep up.

That's my best guess
It was oversubscribed 2 weeks after the announcment of the deal. Some naughty leasing companies fished for new customers even when they knew that there were no build slots left for the cheapy leasey 330d M Sport.
      09-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Where have you got that info from? I was talking directly to Network only on Thursday of last week and they were still offering me the deal ...

You see, what I don't get is that "the deal" that Network had was for all F30 cars. It wasn't for petrol or diesel or a particular spec. I've had that straight from the horse's mouth at Network. I think the "problem" here is that because the pricing was so good, a whole tonne of people ordered 330D M Sport models because they're by far the best car in the F30 range in the UK. BMW only allocate a limited number of production slots to 6cyl diesels and so I think Network simply sold more cars than BMW could cope with in terms of pure production slots.

What's really bizarre though is that Network themselves were still saying they would honour the pricing offered to me on Thursday of last week, even though it would have been a 2013 build slot ... go figure.

Also, with regards to the "oversubscribed in a fortnight" comment, I started getting quotes on August 1st and the pricing was already at the levels we've seen and yet my order was confirmed with BMW on August 17th and my build date is W43 so tonnes of people will have got in after me and still had a 2012 build date
      09-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Where have you got that info from? I was talking directly to Network only on Thursday of last week and they were still offering me the deal ...

You see, what I don't get is that "the deal" that Network had was for all F30 cars. It wasn't for petrol or diesel or a particular spec. I've had that straight from the horse's mouth at Network. I think the "problem" here is that because the pricing was so good, a whole tonne of people ordered 330D M Sport models because they're by far the best car in the F30 range in the UK. BMW only allocate a limited number of production slots to 6cyl diesels and so I think Network simply sold more cars than BMW could cope with in terms of pure production slots.

What's really bizarre though is that Network themselves were still saying they would honour the pricing offered to me on Thursday of last week, even though it would have been a 2013 build slot ... go figure.

Also, with regards to the "oversubscribed in a fortnight" comment, I started getting quotes on August 1st and the pricing was already at the levels we've seen and yet my order was confirmed with BMW on August 17th and my build date is W43 so tonnes of people will have got in after me and still had a 2012 build date
I was bored so I made it up!
Now sue me!

My ETA's are 12 Nov '12 and 17 Dec '12. Strange that they were ordered at the same time.

Last edited by F30AM; 09-19-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Interestingly enough, Warberry ordered his on the 5th September through CVL and on the back of his quote, I contacted them to quote for my build spec. Got no reply. Contacted them TWICE more and never heard a bean from them. Now either the knew they'd f***ed up on the BMWs and chose to ignore me rather than quote me or they're a bunch of cowboys ...