F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > The BMW M-Festival 2015. What it is ?
ARMA SPEED

05-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
D4rqs
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 325i 09'

The BMW M-Festival 2015. What it is ?

Hello Bimmerpost forum members,

This year me and my friends we decided to go to M-Festival 2015. What M-Festival actually is?

Well it is a party held and organized by BMW during 24h Nürburgring race. Each major OEM has their own party there to represent the brand since their racing teams are participating in this event.

So in the end M-Festival is actually a one of many ways to spend this time pleasantly.

As a BMW guest you have access to BMW Hospitality that is located near NGK-schicane. Inside you can eat and drink all you want while having a nice view on the racetrack and TV live streaming in a company of nice M-Cars. This year it was M4 fully equipped in BMW Performance parts, M4 concept with Iconic BMW lights (OLED) and M6 with Performance parts and M6 GT3 Prototype that was unveiled during M-Night event on the first day.

During M-Night you can have a chat with guests or M GmbH employees or even if you are lucky with BMW racing team drivers too. I also met Mister Chris Harris who dropped by for couple of minutes (he was there with Aston Martin and raced new GT12 Aston for them) and some EVO guys.

Apart from that there are various activities you can do. BMW offers nice sky lounge (Sky Lounge is lifted by a crane - aprox. 20 min experience) where you sit attached to the racing seat roughly 50 meters above the ground admiring race while having a drink ! Pretty scary but cool.

You can check out SUV M-cars on pre-prepped off road track where instructor will show you all offroad features of the car or take part in short 1,5h M-car driving experience (X5M, X6M, M6 GC, M6, M3, M4) on a closed training grounds and test your drifting skills or car slide recovery capabilities.

As BMW guest you have also access to BMW shuttle buses that will take you around the track. To M-fan base, Ring boulevard or TUV-Tower. This year BMW reserved 5th (top-floor) of the tower along with roof-terrace with a view on a pits and starting line. Paddocks along with the guided tour and M-Power Tribune are also there for you to explore.

M-Festival lasts for 3 days and all above is included in your M-Festival ticket.

If you have any questions about that event feel free to ask. I will try to answer all of them to best of my capabilities.

Also if these few words aren't enough for you I also prepared a series of Videos from this event. One video for each day. If you want to feel the vibe of M-Festival I would recommend to watch them.

Cheers!

Name:  ticket to hell.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  46.3 KB

Day 1 Video:

Last edited by D4rqs; 05-26-2015 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0