F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > n20 BM3 Stage 2 / XHP Questions
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
L2 Productions
Rep
Drives: 328 X

n20 BM3 Stage 2 / XHP Questions

I have a 328 X Drive which I did a full 2015 engine swap from a motor with the new timing chain guides that was pulled from a wrecked car, I have a K&N intake, Dinan Coils, Brisk racing plugs gapped at .022, Custom large core exhaust with muffler and resonator delete, I also have the lightest BMW M405 18" Rims (20lbs ea), and lightest grippy Tires Continental ExtremeContact DWS 21lbs (to greatly reduce rolling mass) and I recently added the BM3 Stage 1 93 Octane Tune as well as XHP Stage 2 with enhanced launch control. I plan to get an intercooler and downpipes so I can go stage 2 93 soon. TO ensure I have the right octane I use 108 booster in each fill up.

So far as a past Vette, Viper, Various exotics, Twin Turbo Lambo Owner - I'm TOTALLY IMPRESSED with this daily driver 4 banger AWD cars handling, comfort and performance!!! I have raced and beaten numerous stock 335's, 340's, Camaros, Mustangs, etc from dead stop as well as highway high speed runs and I have it all on my 4K 3 camera video system I also installed in my car so I can one day compile a cool race video to look back on. (I'm a 30+ year Digital Marketing, TV and Feature Film Producer and grew up with a father who drag raced and I love cars and love racing).

So my question to this awesome online BMW community is what do I need to worry about with this Stage 1 93 octane tune / XHP and Stage 2 eventually as the most common weak points in these cars that could break once they are pushed more like this ? Is it true the head gaskets give out commonly? How strong are these 8 speeds if you constantly are gunning your car daily ? What else should I be concerned about? I would appreciate any of your experiences so I can possibly beef up any areas I need to so this is as reliable a daily as possible for me while being such a FUN car to drive?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 03:33 PM   #2
speedy_86
Rep
Drives: F33 428iX

Go with Stage 3 Xhp, it will be better for the gearbox
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 04:41 PM   #3
Neidthebeamer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i x drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 Productions View Post
I have a 328 X Drive which I did a full 2015 engine swap from a motor with the new timing chain guides that was pulled from a wrecked car, I have a K&N intake, Dinan Coils, Brisk racing plugs gapped at .022, Custom large core exhaust with muffler and resonator delete, I also have the lightest BMW M405 18" Rims (20lbs ea), and lightest grippy Tires Continental ExtremeContact DWS 21lbs (to greatly reduce rolling mass) and I recently added the BM3 Stage 1 93 Octane Tune as well as XHP Stage 2 with enhanced launch control. I plan to get an intercooler and downpipes so I can go stage 2 93 soon. TO ensure I have the right octane I use 108 booster in each fill up.

So far as a past Vette, Viper, Various exotics, Twin Turbo Lambo Owner - I'm TOTALLY IMPRESSED with this daily driver 4 banger AWD cars handling, comfort and performance!!! I have raced and beaten numerous stock 335's, 340's, Camaros, Mustangs, etc from dead stop as well as highway high speed runs and I have it all on my 4K 3 camera video system I also installed in my car so I can one day compile a cool race video to look back on. (I'm a 30+ year Digital Marketing, TV and Feature Film Producer and grew up with a father who drag raced and I love cars and love racing).

So my question to this awesome online BMW community is what do I need to worry about with this Stage 1 93 octane tune / XHP and Stage 2 eventually as the most common weak points in these cars that could break once they are pushed more like this ? Is it true the head gaskets give out commonly? How strong are these 8 speeds if you constantly are [...]
I’ve got a 328i x drive with intercooler, intake, sparks, and coil upgrades and looking to go stage 2 93 octane as well. Should i be putting octane booster in mine. Or what information could you give me about octane booster because I haven’t really looked into octane booster or anything of that sort before and I’m looking to go stage 2 here soon through bm3
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 02:34 AM   #4
Jeovany818
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bmw f30 328i

hey did you end up finding out why your old engine was giving low oil pressure
Appreciate 0