F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Scuff marks on Door Panal
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
davitd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 325 e90

Scuff marks on Door Panal

Hi Everyone,

New to the F30 forum, although have been owning the car for almost 3 years now (320I, MT, RWD, M Sport). Compared to my previous 3 series this one had been bulletproof so far and I had really been enjoying it but one thing annoys me - the scuff marks from shoe contact especially on the passanger side (it is impossible to warn everyone to be careful). I have not experienced this problem in any of my previous 3 series (e36, e46 twice and e90). It has something to do with the design of the door pockets and probably the poor quality of the material. I have tried to hide them with meguiars forever black but without any effect (gave the trim that unpleasent shiny look), have used almost every plastic cleaner but still they are present and always stick in my eyes.

So does anyone have a solution to these scuffs other than replacing the whole panel and even then they will reappear in not time I guess. Is there an effective solution to remove these scuffs forever?

P.S. I am located in Georgia (country near Russia and Turkey), with very limited nnumber of qualified repair shops and any solution should be DIY.

Thanks guys for you support. Will be posting the pictures of my car later
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
I'm gonna go out on a limb and recommend some leather/vinyl touch-up paint.

If the scuff is engrained and there is color loss, touch-up should do the trick. Of course the engrainedness would still be there but at least it should cover up most of the issue.

Ordered some myself to see if it works, but it definitely looks like a perfect match for the seats, should they ever lose color.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/dam...lster.1894097/
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 08:02 AM   #3
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Need to see pictures, but I think a little plastic refinisher will do the trick.
Appreciate 0