F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Healthy meal suggestions?
GetBMWParts

03-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #45
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Google the Slow Carb Diet or get the book the 4 Hour Body. Simple, cheap, effective. I got LEAN on this diet, its easy to follow, and you get to cheat once a week and eat anything you damn well please which means you're more likely to keep at it.

A+ from me.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #46
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved M3 View Post
Like others have mentioned, start cooking your own food. I've always worked out and ate healthy most of the time. Surprisingly this year i got my gf into it to...which makes it a ton easier for me to eat healthy since i don't have to hear her complaining that we can never go out to eat lol lucky her, she has an amazing metabolism anyway.

But here are some things we cook, maybe some will catch your attention.

Tuna fish with a little light mayo and throw in some sugar free sweet relish and banana peppers, really good once you get sick of just plain tuna.

Turkey burger. Got mine from Costco and looks like this: 200 cal, 6g fat, 2g carb, 30g protein.

Salmon burger. Also from Costco if i recall correctly. 170 cal, 9g fat, 2g carb, 20g protien.

Put a piece of low fat or fat free american cheese and your good. No bun though. You can even get a little salad and bring the cooked cut up burgers to work, warm them up and throw em in your salad.

Also chicken sausage. The ones i get are about 130 cal, 7g fat, 2g carbs, 15g protien. Get some good tomato sauce, and cook the sausage with some peppers and onions in it. Or just eat them like that or whatever you wanna do with them.

Chicken. You can do countless things with chicken. Get some of the McCormick seasoning and just throw it on the grill or george foreman. Or cut it up and make a nice stir fry with some veggies, onions, garlic etc. (little soy sauce and some red pepper). And whatever else you can think of with chicken.

Scallops are banging. Just let them cook in some white wine with some onions and garlic, add little fish bouillon, and let them cook. Can even throw in some chicken in there too.

And for side dishes we get some veggies together and some sweet potatoes/yams.

These are just some examples of what we have recently cooked. In the passed it was hard eating healthy cause i was eating mostly eggs, salad, and tuna. Which after a while is not too appetizing. This time around me and my gf actually are cooking some good dishes and trying different things out. Most we just throw together ourselves and just modify as we need till it taste good and is healthy.

And also get some work outs in. I personally love working out. Its such a good stress reliever and i love pushing my body. I feel like crap if i don't work out. If you start eating healthy and getting some work outs in (both cardio and with weights), you'll start seeing some changes and that should motivate you to keep going. Good luck.

For those that got no idea on how to start. That post right there is a perfect example of how to approach a healthier lifestyle.
Appreciate 0