F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Five Fingers Shoes
GetBMWParts

12-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #23
Atorsesh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 123

I have owned a pair of the Bikilas for a while now and will say how I feel about them. First time I wore them was in the ocean for about 3 hours. They helped prevent sea urchins and sharp/rough rocks and shells from hurting my feet. For the most part I felt pretty barefoot in the water though, just with minimal foot protection. They got really dirty and after running them through the wash they looked brand new. DO NOT put them in the dryer, as stated by the manufacture.
I wear them for running on trails, asphalt, treadmills and concrete. I have high arches and cannot wear flat shoes but I have absolutely no issues with the five fingers. Running in my Air Pegasus 26+'s makes me feel like I have bricks on my feet now. I also wear them when lifting weights and doing regular gym equipment and have to say they help. They make you feel like you have more control of your movements. They also help prevent you from spraining/hurting your ankle because if you begin to fall with shoes the bottom of the shoe can catch on the ground and immediately bend your ankle. With the five fingers your foot simply rolls and you fall on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrtoastman View Post
OMG do they smell
Mine have never smelt bad even with no socks. I have only washed them once, and it was after going in the ocean. If they do smell for some reason, put them in the wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I wouldn't wear this in the gym, incase a weight rolled off and fall on ur feet...with regular shoes the force will be evenly distributed...with these shoes, it's gonna hit that once crucial toe and then ur fucked...
Regular shoes are made of cheap, lightweight fabric that do not do a damn thing for weights. If your that concerned then wear steel toed boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
They are gayer then a pocket full of rainbows
So is my car but I love the shit out of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
Wow, you guys are a bunch of old ladies. Don't bother going to the gym, you might break a nail.

i go to the gym bare footed son, i was just looking out for my E90er's best interest...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #25
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Gay/AIDS/Rainbows.

Athletic shoes.

The amount of useful information one can find on here is amazing.
      12-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Gay/AIDS/Rainbows/ocean
Athletic shoes.

The amount of useful information one can find on here is amazing.
you missed one
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #27
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

If anyone knows about gayness, it would be a present or former student at UCLA and registered sex offenders.

Not that there is anything wrong with being gay.
Sex offender is a different story.

This dumb ol' hick here in Dallas just thought they were highly regarded running shoes.
      12-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #28
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

finally received the evo's today!! takes a while to get them shipped here in afghanistan.....they are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #29
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

What's wrong with being a registered sex offender?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
finally received the evo's today!! takes a while to get them shipped here in afghanistan.....they are awesome.

US military? If so; much appreciation.
      12-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #31
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

yes, and thank you. But back to more important things, i just worked out in the evo's. They are perfect, they allow the barefoot feel and look like real shoe. I mean really the look like ninja shoes, but they don't catch the weird looks like the bikilas
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #32
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yes, and thank you. But back to more important things, i just worked out in the evo's. They are perfect, they allow the barefoot feel and look like real shoe. I mean really the look like ninja shoes, but they don't catch the weird looks like the bikilas
Thanks again for your service my man. And about the evo's, I'd be willing to try them but not the bikilas - a dude wearing a bright red pair of those at the gym along with his fishnet shirt ruined them for good for me
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

here are the pics
http://birthdayshoes.com/more-on-the...catalog-photos
http://www.backcountry.com/terra-pla...-run-shoe-mens
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #34
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I got my KSO treks over christmas and love them. Haven't worn them as much due to snow though. Feet get kinda cold in them lol. Also ankles are cold because of no socks.
      01-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #35
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
all the girls i know find them very, very creepy. def don't rock them around hot girls.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #36
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

If you run outdoors with them fine.

But if you were them in the gym while lifting you look like a fucking weirdo.
      01-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #37
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru View Post
I got my KSO treks over christmas and love them. Haven't worn them as much due to snow though. Feet get kinda cold in them lol. Also ankles are cold because of no socks.
i bought a pair of sicks... ya... they come in 1 pair.... kinda want to buy a 2nd pair. i think i paid like $4-5 a sock
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #38
Philz BMW
Slow rollin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i koop

cavemen went extinct for a reason...

another fad that, with time, will pass...

In the meantime dudes will continue to look like d-bags strutting around in these things. Oh well. I run in a lot of races, I have yet to see anyone lined up in the front (fast guys) or middle even, wearing these things.

The whole concept of not heel striking is correct (I believe), running on the forefoot is best but you don't need those things to teach you that. POSE running has been around for a while, similar concept.

And of course, the people who wear these abominations would swear by them. How else are they going to convince themselves that these "shoes" are worth wearing? Keep telling yourself they are awesome, and it will become true. Repeat.

Business: BMW 328i Coupe
Pleasure: Ducati 1098S
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #39
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

I wear the Vibrams because I'm almost always barefoot and I hate having to take shoes on and off all the time. Plus I like to wear them when I drive as I can feel the pedal better and I cannot get in trouble for not wearing shoes if I get pulled over.

Sure people rip on me for them... but I'm sure as hell not trying to impress anyone by the shoes I wear. To me that is fucking LAME, unless I'm going out or something, then I bring something classy.

As for not seeing people lining up at races with them it's a training shoe, not a race shoe. When competing I grab my Saucony's.

I've been a personal trainer for a few years now, and while that doesn't mean anything considering I work with plenty of incompetent fucks, I would have to say they improve the way I run and I definitely prefer them when working out to normal shoes.

Then again I've never been one to rush out and by the latest trendy clothing or accessories, I just don't care. Before someone argues that I did just that by getting these, I inherited them from my best friend when he died and his mom gave them to me. He was also a personal trainer and swore by them.

Not trying to garner sympathy by the above statement, just stating my 'why'.

I had the original Nike Free's too, biggest waste of money. Cannot comment on the new ones though.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #40
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I wear the Vibrams because I'm almost always barefoot and I hate having to take shoes on and off all the time. Plus I like to wear them when I drive as I can feel the pedal better and I cannot get in trouble for not wearing shoes if I get pulled over.

Sure people rip on me for them... but I'm sure as hell not trying to impress anyone by the shoes I wear. To me that is fucking LAME, unless I'm going out or something, then I bring something classy.

As for not seeing people lining up at races with them it's a training shoe, not a race shoe. When competing I grab my Saucony's.

I've been a personal trainer for a few years now, and while that doesn't mean anything considering I work with plenty of incompetent fucks, I would have to say they improve the way I run and I definitely prefer them when working out to normal shoes.

Then again I've never been one to rush out and by the latest trendy clothing or accessories, I just don't care. Before someone argues that I did just that by getting these, I inherited them from my best friend when he died and his mom gave them to me. He was also a personal trainer and swore by them.

Not trying to garner sympathy by the above statement, just stating my 'why'.

I had the original Nike Free's too, biggest waste of money. Cannot comment on the new ones though.
I had the originals and loved them for about a month until they started falling apart (literally). I picked up a pair of 5.0's about a year ago and have been wearing them since. They have the perfect balance of support and ground feel and are a million times more sturdy. Thing is, I wear them with no socks (like all of my Sperries) so they smell like queef.
Appreciate 0