F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > EURO Delivery And the BMW Plant Tour question
Extreme Powerhouse

04-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

EURO Delivery And the BMW Plant Tour question

I have my Euro Delivery schedule for:

Requested Delivery Date: 06/05/2013
Check In Time: 9:10 AM
Actual Vehicle Delivery: 10:40AM

And the BMW Plant Tour
on: 05th of June2013
at: 11.45a.m.
for: 1 participant
Language: English
Duration: max. 2.0 hours

It is possible to attend both of them on such short time between one to the other?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit View Post

And the BMW Plant Tour

It is possible to attend both of them on such short time between one to the other?
That's going to be tight...but possible. I had them move my delivery back to the afternoon so I wouldn't feel rushed through it before the tour. Usually an hour allows you to have plenty of time for the full delivery experience which leaves you 5 minutes to get to the tour...and I'm pretty sure they like people to get there early.

P.S. My ED is the day after yours

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
That's going to be tight...but possible. I had them move my delivery back to the afternoon so I wouldn't feel rushed through it before the tour. Usually an hour allows you to have plenty of time for the full delivery experience which leaves you 5 minutes to get to the tour...and I'm pretty sure they like people to get there early.
Nice, thank you for the info, I will try to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
P.S. My ED is the day after yours
Have you already reserved your hotel? If yes, let me know where and the rate, I have to reserve mine.

We may see each-other there then :-)

Congratulation on you new BMW... I had a 2007 335xi which I traded for this 2013 335i RWD at this time... Once you get used to the 335 power is hard to go back to a 4 cyl.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:

Have you already reserved your hotel? If yes, let me know where and the rate, I have to reserve mine.

We may see each-other there then :-)
We are doing our delivery the same day we arrive in Munich (we are young and will battle through the jet lag ), but the night of the 6th we are staying at the Residence Inn in Munich. We had a lot of Marriott Rewards points to use, so we chose that hotel for the first night. We hit the road on the 7th for 10 days of driving bliss.

There is a really good ED forum on bimmerfest if you are interested...lots of info and a nice pickup calendar so you can see other members who will be there the same time as you.

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Quote:

And the BMW Plant Tour

My delivery schedule was very similar back in December. My check-in was 9:00. My factory tour was, I think, the same time. I had time between check-in and the delivery, and after delivery and before the tour. The tour is couple of hours.

If you do the museum, it's a very, very full day. Take advantage of the premium lounge to relax, rest, eat, and use the internet.

Have a great time, it's a bucket list thing.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
My delivery schedule was very similar back in December. My check-in was 9:00. My factory tour was, I think, the same time. I had time between check-in and the delivery, and after delivery and before the tour. The tour is couple of hours.

If you do the museum, it's a very, very full day. Take advantage of the premium lounge to relax, rest, eat, and use the internet.
I called BMW EP group and no one pickup my call, I want to re-schedule my pickup for the after-noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
Have a great time, it's a bucket list thing.
It is a bucket list thing for SURE, I'm looking to buy my brand new BMW since I was 15 years old, it is a dream coming true, and the EURO delivery will add much more SPICE in my memories.

I love BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

This will be my very first new purchase AND it's going to be a BMW ANDDD to add to the hype...it'll be ED!!!

I'm accepting my ED on 5/3 and reserved 6 tickets for the factory tour. From what I'm told, the tour starts at 11:30 sharp. The problem is my friends and I are traveling in from Frankfurt on a 7am train (ICE) which takes approx. 3.5 hours. With that said, our schedule will be kind of tight. Has anyone arrived late for the factory tour and was still able to participate? in addition to that, my check-in is scheduled for 2:30pm, will I be able to attend the tour even though it'll take place before my check-in??
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
This will be my very first new purchase AND it's going to be a BMW ANDDD to add to the hype...it'll be ED!!!

I'm accepting my ED on 5/3 and reserved 6 tickets for the factory tour. From what I'm told, the tour starts at 11:30 sharp. The problem is my friends and I are traveling in from Frankfurt on a 7am train (ICE) which takes approx. 3.5 hours. With that said, our schedule will be kind of tight. Has anyone arrived late for the factory tour and was still able to participate? in addition to that, my check-in is scheduled for 2:30pm, will I be able to attend the tour even though it'll take place before my check-in??
Same as you Infamouz, i had my very first new purchase, a bmw, and it was an ED as well... Exactly a year ago !

Truly something memorable in your life...

You will be tired from walking all over the plant tour ! Believe me, after those 2 hours, you will be tired and want to relax a bit.

I had the same schedule as you, arriving early via air, then checked in by 9:30... waited until 11:30 for the only English tour, immediately after that, delivery of my car. Try to have the delivery pushed out 1h if you dont want to feel rushed
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
I called BMW EP group and no one pickup my call, I want to re-schedule my pickup for the after-noon

It is a bucket list thing for SURE, I'm looking to buy my brand new BMW since I was 15 years old, it is a dream coming true, and the EURO delivery will add much more SPICE in my memories.

I love BMWs.

Seems like we are all in the same band wagon....

I have been drooling at BMWs since 12, have been dreaming about purchasing my own brand new BMW since 16, finally did it last year after a 16 years wait ! Darn it! but Worth it! Especially with the ED experience!

Last year, I had my delivery changed from 10am to 3pm as well.

By the time the Plant Tour ended, my legs couldnt walk anymore, thirsty and tired from waking up at 4am on that day.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
Has anyone arrived late for the factory tour and was still able to participate? in addition to that, my check-in is scheduled for 2:30pm, will I be able to attend the tour even though it'll take place before my check-in??
You can check-in at any time you'd like, just hang out in the owner's lounge. I got there at 10am for a 4pm delivery and did the tour and museum in the mean time. As far as arriving late to the factory tour, I doubt you'll be able to join the group since they weave around the facility . It doesn't hurt to ask.

Arrive a day early if you can. A good night of sleep makes all the difference. Have a blast!!
      04-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by My E90 View Post
You can check-in at any time you'd like, just hang out in the owner's lounge. I got there at 10am for a 4pm delivery and did the tour and museum in the mean time. As far as arriving late to the factory tour, I doubt you'll be able to join the group since they weave around the facility . It doesn't hurt to ask.

Arrive a day early if you can. A good night of sleep makes all the difference. Have a blast!!
Thanks for your response I intend on making this an epic vacation/delivery experience!

We would try to make it in earlier but traveling from Frankfurt to Munich makes it difficult; we're already departing Frankfurt at 7 in the morning...any earlier than that and we'll be zombies for the day (not to mention earlier tickets are more expensive for some reason). I guess our best bet is to grab breakfast before our train ride just to hold us over until the factory tour is over so we can raid the buffet.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Seems like we are all in the same band wagon....

I have been drooling at BMWs since 12, have been dreaming about purchasing my own brand new BMW since 16, finally did it last year after a 16 years wait ! Darn it! but Worth it! Especially with the ED experience!

Last year, I had my delivery changed from 10am to 3pm as well.

By the time the Plant Tour ended, my legs couldnt walk anymore, thirsty and tired from waking up at 4am on that day.
44 days till my EURO Delivery...

I already had:

46 BMW (my ex-wife car), she got brand new before I met her

06 e90 325i CPO with Sport Pkg - Great car, I'm glad that it was a CPO, at 60k the car was breaking once a week

07 e90 335i with 102K miles, the car still new, after all that mileage, I had to sell it as I could not sell my new 2010 Lexus IS250 at the time

07 e90 335xi with 50K miles, great car, but XI suspension is not that great and the graphite color looked purple, traded for my new 2013 335i :-)

So, has been 20 years since I want to have a BMW but the others were just to pass the time since they had little things to do, now it is my time, to get what I want with brand new smell :-)

I di re-schedule my delivery for:

2:20PM check-in
3:50PM delivery of my beauty

Thank you for the post.
Appreciate 0