F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help: Blind Spot/ Lane Change Warning retrofit (5AG)
ARMA SPEED

08-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #1
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Help: Blind Spot/ Lane Change Warning retrofit (5AG)

Ordering blind spot assist parts this week to start retrofitting it to my F31. Im getting the parts list from Roxxor's DIY (http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1238969) and some general help.

Has anyone else done this to help put together another DIY (since photos are out). Needing help with the wiring and install. I havent found any other DIY's on the web that are useful. Hoping to make another one for the forum. I retrofitted surround view few months back. Going to be making a DIY in the near future to help out others. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr78569 View Post
Ordering blind spot assist parts this week to start retrofitting it to my F31. Im getting the parts list from Roxxor's DIY (http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1238969) and some general help.

Has anyone else done this to help put together another DIY (since photos are out). Needing help with the wiring and install. I havent found any other DIY's on the web that are useful. Hoping to make another one for the forum. I retrofitted surround view few months back. Going to be making a DIY in the near future to help out others. Thanks!
So mad at that stupid hosting site.. it screwed all my photos too.

I recently had a 2017 loaner that had Driver Assistance Plus & i was so jealous of this feature.... i want this so bad (our new Volvo XC90 has this feature). I'm not sure if roxxor has sold his car... we exchanged a lot of emails about this some time back. I was never able to make the trip down to FL to get this help with the surround view.

Curious.. what part of GA?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr78569 View Post

So mad at that stupid hosting site.. it screwed all my photos too.

I recently had a 2017 loaner that had Driver Assistance Plus & i was so jealous of this feature.... i want this so bad (our new Volvo XC90 has this feature). I'm not sure if roxxor has sold his car... we exchanged a lot of emails about this some time back. I was never able to make the trip down to FL to get this help with the surround view.

Curious.. what part of GA?
I put up a DIY for surround view

Oh I'm in Columbus,GA
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep

Also ordered the parts for blind spot retrofit, just waiting on the switch. I'll be installing the sensors this weekend; I already wired for it and did the mirrors.

Hopefully I can push out a write up this weekend too, then add the driver switch when it comes in
Appreciate 0