F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Modesta BC-04 on a Maritime Blue - Paint to Sample - Porsche 911 GT3
Studio RSR

09-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Modesta BC-04 on a Maritime Blue - Paint to Sample - Porsche 911 GT3

We were lucky enough to work on this very rare paint to sample Porsche 911 GT3. This Maritime Blue Porsche 911 GT3 we believe is 1 of 2 in North America. (would love to see the other 1 or others out there) We received this car in pretty bad shape in much need of a full paint correction. After a full paint correction we were able to bring out the color with Modesta BC-04 a glass coating that seems to make everything look like a hard candy shell. Take a look at our process. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Here is a list of products used on the interior.

1Z einszett Cockpit
Sonax Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner
Leather Master Strong Cleaner
Leather Master Barrier
Auto Finesse Crystal Glass Cleaner
1Z einszett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care Stick
Metro Jumbo Vac n Blow
Uber Leather and Carpet Brush
Uber Microfiber Towels
Uber Microfiber Applicator Pad

Products used on the exterior:
Adam's New Car Wash
Adam's In and Out Spray
Adam's Undercarriage Spray
Uber Clay Bar
Sonax Fall Out Remover
Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus
Auto Finesse Oblitarate
NanoSkin AutoScrub Mitt
Meguiar's M101
Sonax EX0406
Modesta M1 Shot
Adam's Super VRT

Modesta Primer 01A - Modesta Pro installer only
Modesta BC04 - Modesta Pro installer only

Tools used
Kranzle K2017T Electric Pressure Washer
Uber Foam Cannon made by MTM
Uber Microfiber Towels
Rupes BigFoot LHR75ES Randon Orbital Polisher
Rupes BigFoot LHR 21ES Random Orbital Polisher
Rupes BigFoot LHR 15ES Random Orbital Polisher
Various Buffing Pads
Defelsko Paint Meter
ScanGrip Multimatch Light
2 Grit Guard Buckets with Caddies
Adam's Firehose Nozzle
Metro Air Force Blaster

Before

Wash and Prep for Paint Correction

Various shots

After polishing

Modesta Primer

Modesta BC-04

Click here for the complete article

Heat lamps to cure the coating

Afters

For more pictures and a more in depth article please click here - Modesta BC-04 Glass Coating on a very special Porsche 911 GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

With all due respect, not removing the wheels for a detail of this caliber is a complete fail.

The wheels themselves, the calipers, the wheel wells ... so much opportunity missed.

edit: After clicking on the link to your blog, I see you did do the wheel wells. You had 4 nuts to remove 4 wheels, not 20 like most cars. I still think removing the wheels would have been the proper way to do this. I don't care how many fancy brushes you use, you'll never get the wheels or calipers 100% w/o removing them.

Last edited by G30 B58; 09-22-2015 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

that being said the customer did not want to pay the extra for it so the services were not done on this job.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

I'm a sucker for blue paint. Nice job!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
With all due respect, not removing the wheels for a detail of this caliber is a complete fail.

The wheels themselves, the calipers, the wheel wells ... so much opportunity missed.

edit: After clicking on the link to your blog, I see you did do the wheel wells. You had 4 nuts to remove 4 wheels, not 20 like most cars. I still think removing the wheels would have been the proper way to do this. I don't care how many fancy brushes you use, you'll never get the wheels or calipers 100% w/o removing them.
I love your passion. If you were a business owner, would you offer about 4+ hours of your time and resources for free? Knowing DD, they asked the owner if he wanted that service done. Like DD mentioned, the owner decided not to take the offer.

If you want to see wheels and fender liners cleaned/detailed on a Porsche, you can visit this write up they did on a Cayenne. The customer actually wanted the works. http://www.detailersdomain.net/2012/04/18/30-hours-on-porsche-cayenne-turbo/

I'm sure they threw in a few extras here and there like they usually do for big ticket services like this one. It usually comes with either a no charge extra service or a free product or both.

Keep up the great work DetailersDomain!! Oh and thank you for being a sponsor on this site.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
2PUTT
Captain
Rep

By the way, since this is a BMW forum, here is another one where wheels were taken off. The extra adhesive from the wheels were also removed.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/blog...omplete-detail
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

I highly doubt the owner of this car was "price shopping" but maybe .... and if he was, shame on him for shorting himself.

Phil makes these post for LOTS of different reasons, one of them is to show and sell his products. With wheels on the car, I think you can use more tools .......

I don't see how removing the wheels would have added 4+ hours of time. Maybe 2 extra hours in addition to the hour he already had into them.

Can we all agree that removing the wheels would have been the right thing to do?

And yes, thank you Phil for sponsoring the board. You win, we win. Love my Lusso Oro products.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #9
2PUTT
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
I highly doubt the owner of this car was "price shopping" but maybe .... and if he was, shame on him for shorting himself.

Phil makes these post for LOTS of different reasons, one of them is to show and sell his products. With wheels on the car, I think you can use more tools .......

I don't see how removing the wheels would have added 4+ hours of time. Maybe 2 extra hours in addition to the hour he already had into them.

Can we all agree that removing the wheels would have been the right thing to do?

And yes, thank you Phil for sponsoring the board. You win, we win. Love my Lusso Oro products.
LOL!! Don't spend someone else's money. It's his car and he can do whatever he wants with it. If you prefer wheels off detailing, feel free to share pics and how long it takes...

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #10
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

thanks guys I appreciate the support I think we can all agree that we love cars and we love to clean them ; )

To coat the wheels in Modesta it would have been an additional $500.

We would have to remove the wheels, clean them, polish them, Modesta Primer, then apply the Modesta coating, and finally cure them all. After that we would mask the rotors and wheel wells and coat the calipers as well.
Appreciate 0