F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Back Up Camera Retrofit
proTUNING Freaks

06-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #111
Lakotapony
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 28i

Smile Z4 28i 2013 GPS/Front & Backup camera interest

Aloha, I own a Z4 28i 2013 and have been looking for- Garmin GPS/ front and back up camera. What would you recommend. Unfortunately the sport addition I bought did not have the factory gps system.
Thanks 😄
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #112
Lakotapony
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 28i

Are you able to assist with info for a Z4 28i sport yellow 2013 edition - interested in GPS ( like Garmin if possible) and front/rear backup cameras?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #113
DCxBimmer
Rep
Drives: xDrive 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
We have a different camera for your car with dynamic parking lines.
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...em-integration
Thanks. I just submitted an inquiry through your website.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #114
speed608
Private First Class
Malawi
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

I recently installed the Reverse camera from Bimmertech ,very easy to install and for people without reverse sensors its a great addition to make sure you don't bump in to anything.The support from Patryk and his team is amazing and we are now currently doing an NBT retrofit with Men the genius doing all the remote coding.So far very impressed with the support and technical knowledge they provide.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #115
Dimitris76
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue F34 328dX M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Thank you for your review.

You can easily remove the static lines by cutting a little wire loop on the camera cable where it plugs into the extension cable.

After that you will have just the dynamic lines:
Patryk,

my camera shows those static parking lines too. I would like to turn them off.

Could you post a close up picture of this wire loop to show to my installator? What color does the wire that needs to be cut have?

/Dimi
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #116
T_flare
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed608 View Post
I recently installed the Reverse camera from Bimmertech ,very easy to install and for people without reverse sensors its a great addition to make sure you don't bump in to anything.The support from Patryk and his team is amazing and we are now currently doing an NBT retrofit with Men the genius doing all the remote coding.So far very impressed with the support and technical knowledge they provide.
Does it require coding?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 12:34 AM   #117
STLBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 & 2015 i8

Got mine and installing this weekend. Excited and anxious all at the same time. I'll post if I learn anything new but big thanks to those who have contributed already!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #118
STLBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 & 2015 i8

Tips for BimmerTech OEM Retrofit backup camera without PDC

Alright, so after the install a couple tips for anyone out there doing the BMW Retrofit OEM Integration camera for cars without PDC. I installed it on my 2013 335i.

Tip 1: Make sure that you run the camera wire through the smaller hole behind the handle. This is the opposite hole from where you'll run the wire for the electronic trunk button. Mine was run behind the big hole and after snapping everything in, I could tell that something was off. I pried the handle off, and three of the Bimmertech clips in the process . The wire for the camera was also frayed and the rubber sheathe cut from the pressure. I patched it, re-routed the wire, put some super-adhesive behind the handle, and will pray it stays.

Tip 2:
The newest version of the BimmerTech camera is WAY easier than the former versions. For the non-PDC version, there is no wire splicing. They do not, however, have step by step instructions for how to do the install, but just a couple of PDFs with trim instructions.

Tip 3:
USE the video posted earlier in this thread for taking apart the dash, super easy and can be done in 15 minutes!

Tip 4:
Make sure you switch the fiber optic cable and put it in the furthest plug out (I actually got this one right)

Tip 5:
Get the trim tools, if you don't already have them, they make the job much easier and you'll do less damage than with a flat-head and a credit card

Tip 6:
The clips on the 30 are fairly durable, so you don't have to worry much about the door trip breaking.

Tip 7:
I WISH I HAD THIS ONE. I was stupid and didn't protect my shift area trim. My glossy black is now...scratchy black. Put a microfiber towel or something over it before you take out the CIC. If anyone knows of a salvage car, or a cheap place to get new trim, I'm in the market

Tip 8,
When you put the door trim back on, pop the white clips beneath the trip all the way out, and slide them back on to the trim. Then pop all four back in together rather than sliding the trim over them.

Tip 9:
When putting the trunk trim back on, put the emergency pull handle on first.

Call me N00B, but I'd rather be a public N00B and let you learn from my mistakes than for you to make them too.

Overall, I'm very happy with the install and the company. Their staff coded my car for me at 8pm his time on a Saturday...that's service!

Last but not least, if you're in San Diego or LA and need to do this install, I could do it in 2 hours flat next time around and now know how to do it correctly. PM me with questions or for a meet up.

Thanks @Patrys

-Daniel

Last edited by STLBimmer; 10-24-2015 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #119
speed608
Private First Class
Malawi
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_flare View Post
Does it require coding?
Hi,No the Reverse camera did not need coding .it is plug and play .
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #120
Sniper101
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i F30

i bought a naviks video interface from eBay 360$ and bought the rear trunk handle with camera 40$ installed it myself bout a hour looks great i have the rear lines displayed and my car has no PDC lines move when i turn the steering wheel and everything but it will not warn me if I'm too close or beep
Appreciate 0