F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Trunk popped open mid slide... no typo...
ARMA SPEED

02-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #23
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

You knew you'd catch heat from this and yet you take exception to those who commented that you were driving unsafely in traffic. Sounds like trolling to me.

Drive safely!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #24
s2k750
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I didn't care about the heat... Its the internet, I'll sleep tonight haha

I wanted an answer as to why my trunk opened while driving. Common sense would lead any normal person to believe that the cars trunk would not be able to open while driving for safety. Thanks to a few guys I got my answer.

I just drove my wifes c400 and tried opening the trunk while the car was in drive. Guess what?! My minimal understanding of a car was correct. It didn't open. Like one would except. I drove my s2000 and tried opening the trunk on that.. Didn't open. I drove my Sti and tried opening the trunk while driving. Didn't open.

Now the next question is did I change something while coding my car i shouldn't have or is this normal for BMW. I have an oil change on the 17th i'll find out when i get my loaner unless someone wants to try and post up.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #25
bhawkdrvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3ThrityFizzl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k750 View Post
I can't disagree with you, it is reckless. In my defense I only do it when no one is behind me in the even I do loop the car. I don't all out drift the car though, its just a little fun oversteer =-) If it makes you feel better 14 years of driving with not a single ticket or accident. 9 road course events and haven't missed a season of autox since learning about it. I wasn't hoping for the best haha
I just meant it as a half-serious ribbing. I'm sure that everyone on here has done a burnout, donut, powerslide or something similar with their vehicle on public roads. I'll admit to having done it knowing that it was ticket worthy. However for those with the over the top judgement.... Settle down. We wouldn't have bought JB4s, wheels, intakes and all these things that we post about if we weren't gonna stomp on that gas pedal and have fun every now and again.
Appreciate 1