F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW 3 Series is Top Selling Compact Sports Sedan in 2012 by Nearly 18,000 Cars
Extreme Powerhouse

01-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #45
jon328i
Wheelmaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39, S209, VB-WRX

Congrats BMW. And for Infiniti, sorry your annoying holiday tv ads did not work..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #46
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Nice! Go BMW
      01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #47
m balla
m balla
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: ///M

If BMW is raking in all this extra cash they better give a good amount to the M division and tell them to put the S65 in the m2
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #48
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

I have a feeling C class and new A4 coming out in a couple of year will beat 3er in looks department and potentially match driving capabilities. F30 does not have a chance to stay on top due to its boring looks (IMHO)....
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #49
rayusaFL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott
In all seriousness I gave zero consideration to any other car on the list except for a couple of days after riding in a buddy's caddy, and that passed quickly.

The C is a sports car? Really?

The design of Audi 4s bore me to tears. Even today's Chevys have more style.

A Buick Regal?!? HaHaHaHaHa

I'll keep my 335er.

There's nothing out there....
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #50
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere
I have a feeling C class and new A4 coming out in a couple of year will beat 3er in looks department and potentially match driving capabilities. F30 does not have a chance to stay on top due to its boring looks (IMHO)....
And boring drive. It's way too soft. It's as soft as non sport 3 series from gen or two ago. And the non sports are old fashioned Cadillac soft. Lame.

I've driven several 335 sports, adaptive suspension etc. None was as fun as a caddy ATS. And while its not perfect as its it's first few months in production, it will mature.

And I agree, the new Audi and c class will be awesome.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #51
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

The news doesn't come as a surprise, the local dealer moves a lot of F30's... have no idea who's buying them because I'm not seeing them on the street, parked in a lot or driveway.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #52
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Another explanation of success can be lease deals BMW has been offering and of course free maintenance along with free loaners in US. While I support what BMW does with these programs, these might not be enough to win . As I mention above I believe C, A4, ATS, and others are catching up while BMW plays too safe (F30), too weird (new 1er in Europe) or too cheap (f32 based on spy pix) with new models.
      01-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #53
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I agree. But that is truly funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot View Post
The news doesn't come as a surprise, the local dealer moves a lot of F30's... have no idea who's buying them because I'm not seeing them on the street, parked in a lot or driveway.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #54
7 4 7
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: E46 328i, F30 328i, G20 M340i

Way to got BMW
      01-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #55
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

so much for the BMW "has lost it", "gone too soft" etc.

seems to me that most of the reviews (professional and personal) along with these sales results mean the F30 is quite a success. Can BMW make it better, sure, but its hard to argue against all the positive indicators.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #56
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

F30 is by far the best car in its segment so I find some comments out of place
Also, some new performance models will be available next year so these very good results for BMW will be transformed in great offers for BMW fans/ enthusiasts
As for those who consider 3 series nothing really special, there is also the alternative of combining M Sport and Individual options
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #57
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
This applies to all German marques. I don't understand why Audi drivers think they're driving something more exclusive cars like it means it's more special or sought after. Yes they're far less common than BMW's and Mercedes,and in that sense they are exclusive, but in reality, they're just the other German marque.
a funny bunch arent they?

My girlfriends mates boyfriend has an Audi A4, and whenever we finish dinner or something somewhere, he rushes outside to turn his LED (for everyone to see, obviously).

To him, he's driving a Lamborghini, to everyone else, he's just another tosser.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #58
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot View Post
Ditto. My dealer told they are selling very quick but I almost never see any on the road?? I'm sure that will change as the '09, '10s come off lease.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Pilot
This is true
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #60
Ryan_T
Prospective Lurker
Canada
Rep
Drives: B8 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
a funny bunch arent they?

My girlfriends mates boyfriend has an Audi A4, and whenever we finish dinner or something somewhere, he rushes outside to turn his LED (for everyone to see, obviously).

To him, he's driving a Lamborghini, to everyone else, he's just another tosser.

It's the same reason people were fanatical about Apple, before Apple became ridiculously ubiquitous. It's a weird, almost religious, brand loyalty.

The LED thing were bound to happen, Audi just happens to be first. It's nothing special anymore.
      01-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #61
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Which is probably what your dad said when they discontinued the 2002 and started the 3 Series. There will always be enthusiasts, whether you're one of them or not. Sales up year over year...again. I'll bet even a couple of enthusiasts bought one.

My dad never drove BMW's.

I have personally been around BMW's for a while. This is the first time I feel this threat to the brand-culture integrity. Did not feel it with the e90. Did not feel it with the e46.

Sure, I'm sure brands like Kia, Hyundai and even Subaru have enthusiasts too. BMW will be the next one. Commercial enthusiasts, ricing up cars and talking about how low they can drop the car, how awesome the sound system is, and how many subwoofers they can fit in the trunk.

I'd rather not be one of them.

Sales will likely be up AGAIN, next year. I never questioned that BMW will continue to sell cars. Actually, they will sell a lot of them! Just not likely to same people/demograph is has been attracting and selling to for the past 20 years.

Again, it's great for BMW ... bad for enthusiasts. The brand has a lot of pressure to appeal to more people. To become more bland. More "safe". Which probably means less people buying sport packages. Less people ordering Manual Transmissions. More 'user friendly' driving experiences (electronic steering). More 'ready-out-of-the-box', and less confusing options to pick from (aka, Sport, Modern and Luxury lines) and less customizations.

Oh SNAP, it's already happening! The future is here! Bring on the sales numbers!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #62
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I agree. But that is truly funny.
Agree it's like they're disappearing.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #63
L8*Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Boohoo, they are diluting my brand. Boohoo, I'm the only real enthusiast left. I'll never buy another BMW....

Get over yourself. BMW is and always has been a for profit company. They make a product to sell and the more they sell the more money they make. If that means making a product that appeals to more people then good for them. These internet arguments always smack of people who get upset when their favorite band gets popular. The band still makes the same music but somehow they sold out.
Such a boring rehash. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet. Otherwise just enjoy the car for what it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #64
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8*Apex
Boohoo, they are diluting my brand. Boohoo, I'm the only real enthusiast left. I'll never buy another BMW....

Get over yourself. BMW is and always has been a for profit company. They make a product to sell and the more they sell the more money they make. If that means making a product that appeals to more people then good for them. These internet arguments always smack of people who get upset when their favorite band gets popular. The band still makes the same music but somehow they sold out.
Such a boring rehash. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet. Otherwise just enjoy the car for what it is.
I agree, and I will vote with my wallet. ATS here I come!

I kinda see it like this... If we think of a company's mission statement, either BMW changed theirs, or is simply not following it anymore.

I could give a rats ass about sales numbers, that doesn't change my opinion of the car. If the car still drove awesome, I'd be a fan even they doubled the sales.

I'm not a fan cause the car has lost what it once had. It's got plenty of electronic goodies, no doubt... But the soul is gone.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #65
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
My dad never drove BMW's.

I have personally been around BMW's for a while. This is the first time I feel this threat to the brand-culture integrity. Did not feel it with the e90. Did not feel it with the e46.

Sure, I'm sure brands like Kia, Hyundai and even Subaru have enthusiasts too. BMW will be the next one. Commercial enthusiasts, ricing up cars and talking about how low they can drop the car, how awesome the sound system is, and how many subwoofers they can fit in the trunk.

I'd rather not be one of them.

Sales will likely be up AGAIN, next year. I never questioned that BMW will continue to sell cars. Actually, they will sell a lot of them! Just not likely to same people/demograph is has been attracting and selling to for the past 20 years.

Again, it's great for BMW ... bad for enthusiasts. The brand has a lot of pressure to appeal to more people. To become more bland. More "safe". Which probably means less people buying sport packages. Less people ordering Manual Transmissions. More 'user friendly' driving experiences (electronic steering). More 'ready-out-of-the-box', and less confusing options to pick from (aka, Sport, Modern and Luxury lines) and less customizations.

Oh SNAP, it's already happening! The future is here! Bring on the sales numbers!
MY GOD! You're right! The sky is falling! Soylent Green is enthusiasts!

Just FYI, I've been around BMW's for awhile too, as I imagine pretty much everyone on this board has been. I lived through Bangle-ization, the intro of I-Drive, the SMG grenades, and the unwashed hordes that buy automatic trans. And my E92 is the best car I've ever had. It's better than the E46, which was better than the E39, which was better than the E36. And when the new M4 comes, I'll pays my money and find something I don't like, come here, and bitch about it.

In the meantime, you can have my turn at agonizing about BMW forsaking it's aging veterans by selling more cars. And remember to look down your nose at all the unworthy new people who are buying them. Because they just can't be enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #66
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post

And my E92 is the best car I've ever had. It's better than the E46, which was better than the E39, which was better than the E36.

Guess I found the problem.
Appreciate 0