F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > MSPORT HID...
Studio RSR

03-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
MSPORT HID...

I have a 2013 MSport with the nice Xenon in them..

But I want to change the color of my bulbs.

1. Are they D1S....or D2S...or ....??

2. How or where is the DIY to change them??

I did it last night on my cousins 13 Audi q5 and it was SOO EASY,!! But Usually nothing with BMW install is "easy"
'13 328i MSport, AW, Black Dakota leather, Premium Pkg, xenons, ///M Perf, side skirts,Front Lip, Fully coded, CF roundels, Matt Black Grillz, Painted reflectors (front & rear) Smoked tail lights, Plazma l.E.D White PY27W front turn signal,trunk spoiler, Matt Black roof, 8K D1S HID,Custom Exhaust,!
Soon:
JB4,DP,H&R sports,rear diff,!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
awhk
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 SBM

The bulb is D1S. It is accessed by removing a cover inside the front fender liner (follow the front turn signal change DIY on this forum), then a circular cap behind the headlight cluster. You will then see the bulb holding by a metal clip, should be pretty straight forward when reaching this stage.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk
The bulb is D1S. It is accessed by removing a cover inside the front fender liner (follow the front turn signal change DIY on this forum), then a circular cap behind the headlight cluster. You will then see the bulb holding by a metal clip, should be pretty straight forward when reaching this stage.
I'll look at it during the day...I think I may have to remove the liner to get a better angle..? No..?
'13 328i MSport, AW, Black Dakota leather, Premium Pkg, xenons, ///M Perf, side skirts,Front Lip, Fully coded, CF roundels, Matt Black Grillz, Painted reflectors (front & rear) Smoked tail lights, Plazma l.E.D White PY27W front turn signal,trunk spoiler, Matt Black roof, 8K D1S HID,Custom Exhaust,!
Soon:
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
awhk
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 SBM

The fender cover is large enough for you to see and reach in as the lights are right behind the cover.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So no need to remove the bumper, or get to technical.. just a lil more work than replacing the corner turn signals...?
Soon:
Appreciate 0