F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone getting a f30 BELOW invoice?
GetBMWParts

01-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #155
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
I shopped around for a F30. Most of the dealerships around me said that there isn't any room for negotiations because BMW had an AMAZING December with the Holiday Credit. The only credit available now is the Loyalty Cash + USAA (if you are a member). Other than that, there isn't anything available. Maybe the dealerships around me didn't want to deal with me... But I was looking for a Bare Minimum 335i. All I wanted was: AW, Black Leatherette, M-Sport F30 335i with the Sport Transmission and maybe the Tech Pkg. (But seems like I will have to order one cause everything dealers have are pretty much loaded 335i's)
I think the problem is that you want a 335i. Dealers still have very few allocations for this car, vs. 328i. As such, they'll be hesitant to drop the price substantially, in favor of hanging onto that allocation for someone to come along and pay closer to full price.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #156
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine3

I dont know why all of you are still paying $100s and $1000s over invoice, get on the train and buy UNDER!
Long story short. He was a huge black male. Probably 6'2" or taller and 250 lbs. He was angry as hell, and I am a tiny 5'4 white male. So, I did the only thing I could, I threw my car into reverse and no one was behind me, and I drove thru the red light as I went around him.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #157
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

The best quote I got was $750 over invoice and then the loyalty discount, pretty much taking it to invoice. I missed the boat on the holiday credit.
Can the USAA discount of $1500 COMBINED with the loyalty discount?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #158
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Yes you can combine Loyalty with USAA.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #159
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The best quote I got was $750 over invoice and then the loyalty discount, pretty much taking it to invoice. I missed the boat on the holiday credit.
Can the USAA discount of $1500 COMBINED with the loyalty discount?
make sure, because i believe loyalty is only valid for BMW FS and $1500 is only valid for USAA financing. You can use loyalty and USAA $500 outside financing rebate or the full $1500 and go through just USAA
Long story short. He was a huge black male. Probably 6'2" or taller and 250 lbs. He was angry as hell, and I am a tiny 5'4 white male. So, I did the only thing I could, I threw my car into reverse and no one was behind me, and I drove thru the red light as I went around him.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #160
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Yea, I agree with this and in all honesty we are talking a difference of 1K on a 50K+ car which works out to around 2% increase in cost, which when financing is a couple qudoba burritos a month. The other issue that was nagging me was the apparent difference in sale price between the midwest and the coasts, which you can see while using edmonds pricing guides. My rational was I need the car soon (German allocation), it is pretty rare to come by on the lot, the mid-west gets bad pricing, and I only have 1K of incentives in college-grad to begin with (was negotiating before holiday incentive).

In contrast, this super arrogant dealer at south bend Indiana was only giving me 500 off MSRP(!) with multiple test drives and trips to dealership...he made it clear "we don't sell BMW's near invoice price".
Agreed. Mid-west dealers are nuts. When I was shopping for 335xi, I went to 6 dealerships in OH and IN, 4 of them gave me $500-$800 off MSRP and refuse to take it down any further.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #161
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
Agreed. Mid-west dealers are nuts. When I was shopping for 335xi, I went to 6 dealerships in OH and IN, 4 of them gave me $500-$800 off MSRP and refuse to take it down any further.
I'll probably end up waiting for a bit before I get one... and I think I'm leaning towards a 335 if the 4 doesn't arrive by that time!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #162
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll probably end up waiting for a bit before I get one... and I think I'm leaning towards a 335 if the 4 doesn't arrive by that time!!
The 4 series coupe goes into production July 2013, so the soonest it would land on our shores will be early September.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #163
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
The 4 series coupe goes into production July 2013, so the soonest it would land on our shores will be early September.
Sucks. I was hoping that for the July Production, one could order it in April I am going to be in Europe for about 10 days in July. So I thought maybe, just maybe I could sneak it in during that time period. But looks like that's not going to be possible. I could have actually ordered a 335 to my specs. But the 4 is just too damn sexy!!! hehe... I'll probably have to wait till next year to do one!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #164
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sucks. I was hoping that for the July Production, one could order it in April I am going to be in Europe for about 10 days in July. So I thought maybe, just maybe I could sneak it in during that time period. But looks like that's not going to be possible. I could have actually ordered a 335 to my specs. But the 4 is just too damn sexy!!! hehe... I'll probably have to wait till next year to do one!!!
You could try to get one for a very late July European Delivery, but you'd be cutting it close, and you're dealer would probably have to work his ass off to make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #165
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You could try to get one for a very late July European Delivery, but you'd be cutting it close, and you're dealer would probably have to work his ass off to make it happen.
My last day will be July 22nd in Europe and I'm flying into/out of LHR. If my dealer would have to work his ass off, then I'm pretty sure he won't be giving me a deal. I'm very simple when it comes to bimmers, a 335'esque engine with M-sport and black leatherette. I care about the driveability. Luxury wise, EVERYTHING is considered a bonus for me

Let's see though, I might be able to convince my family to do another trip in September for Labor Day weekend
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #166
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My last day will be July 22nd in Europe and I'm flying into/out of LHR. If my dealer would have to work his ass off, then I'm pretty sure he won't be giving me a deal. I'm very simple when it comes to bimmers, a 335'esque engine with M-sport and black leatherette. I care about the driveability. Luxury wise, EVERYTHING is considered a bonus for me

Let's see though, I might be able to convince my family to do another trip in September for Labor Day weekend
forget about his hard work, if youre trying to get a deal on 1 of the first production 4 series made, you are dreaming. Those will probably be MSRP or over and the programs will stinkkkkkkk
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #167
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Alpine View Post
forget about his hard work, if youre trying to get a deal on 1 of the first production 4 series made, you are dreaming. Those will probably be MSRP or over and the programs will stinkkkkkkk
Yep. Anyone getting a 4er from the first few months will likely pay sticker price, plus lease and/or finance rates will be terrible.

It would be impossible to pick up a car that starts production in July, by July 20th. Even if they started production on the car July 1, it takes a week to build it, plus two or more weeks to get it from Regensburg and prepped for Welt pick up.

In short, not gonna happen. And the BMWNA ED folks would squash such a timeline, most likely. They'll probably even say specifically that ED pick ups can start Oct 1st or similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #168
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep. Anyone getting a 4er from the first few months will likely pay sticker price, plus lease and/or finance rates will be terrible.

It would be impossible to pick up a car that starts production in July, by July 20th. Even if they started production on the car July 1, it takes a week to build it, plus two or more weeks to get it from Regensburg and prepped for Welt pick up.

In short, not gonna happen. And the BMWNA ED folks would squash such a timeline, most likely. They'll probably even say specifically that ED pick ups can start Oct 1st or similar.
Interesting, I always thought you do the pick up at the factory that builds your car, didnt know it comes from somewhere else. I also thought they built the car in a day or 2. learn something every day

maybe ill need to do a ED on the next car, go gets me my ejumakaytion
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #169
shormi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

DC Area Pricing

Ordered a 328i on December 31. MSRP was $45,145. Selling price was $41,900 (roughly 7 percent off MSRP), less $1000 December incentive and $750 loyalty credit, plus $199 dealer processing charge.

Still waiting, however. Customer service line reports a build completion date of February 18.

Anyone know how long after that I will have to wait?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #170
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

So shopping around, I sent inquiries on my build for a 335i ED. So far, the only quote I got back was at ED MSRP. I asked if that included the $1000 bonus & the loyalty bonus and no reply as of right now. My question is, if the ED doesn't count against the allocation of the dealer, why are they hell bent on not reducing a single cent from the MSRP? Isn't it like 'free' profit for them since they don't have to do any prep work, advertise etc. etc.? Not like it counts against their inventory and they lose money...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #171
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So shopping around, I sent inquiries on my build for a 335i ED. So far, the only quote I got back was at ED MSRP. I asked if that included the $1000 bonus & the loyalty bonus and no reply as of right now. My question is, if the ED doesn't count against the allocation of the dealer, why are they hell bent on not reducing a single cent from the MSRP? Isn't it like 'free' profit for them since they don't have to do any prep work, advertise etc. etc.? Not like it counts against their inventory and they lose money...
I think it is more of a hassle to deal with ED, especially if they don't do it often. By quoting ED MSRP, they're giving you a dis-incentive to go that route.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #172
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think it is more of a hassle to deal with ED, especially if they don't do it often. By quoting ED MSRP, they're giving you a dis-incentive to go that route.
Interesting... So what's the best strategy for going about a ED, if it's that much of a hassle for dealers? Obviously you won't be able to go directly to BMWFS about this right?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #173
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting... So what's the best strategy for going about a ED, if it's that much of a hassle for dealers? Obviously you won't be able to go directly to BMWFS about this right?
You definitely have to use a dealer.

Poke around on the ED sub-forum here and read about peoples' experience with dealers across the country. You don't have to use a dealer local to you. There is one guy on the east coast (David Aviles) and one on the west coast that specialize in ED.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #174
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You definitely have to use a dealer.

Poke around on the ED sub-forum here and read about peoples' experience with dealers across the country. You don't have to use a dealer local to you. There is one guy on the east coast (David Aviles) and one on the west coast that specialize in ED.
Yeah. I got a reply back where the guy was using residual of the ED MSRP instead of the US MSRP.

I think I will be staying away from him. Seems like he wasn't sure what he was talking about. Another one flatly said if I'm interested in doing a $500 over, then he's not interested and if any other dealer is, then great. Seems like the vibe I'm getting is probably ED MSRP (minus the invoices) and MAYBE another $500. On a $46550 with $1040 due at signing, MF of .00130 & Residual of 62% @ 12k, he gave me a monthly of $621. I did the same calcs. on Leaseguide's calculator and I was at $568. And this was without any further negotiating or any other cost reduction methods...

BTW, where is this sub-forum?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #175
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah. I got a reply back where the guy was using residual of the ED MSRP instead of the US MSRP.

I think I will be staying away from him. Seems like he wasn't sure what he was talking about. Another one flatly said if I'm interested in doing a $500 over, then he's not interested and if any other dealer is, then great. Seems like the vibe I'm getting is probably ED MSRP (minus the invoices) and MAYBE another $500. On a $46550 with $1040 due at signing, MF of .00130 & Residual of 62% @ 12k, he gave me a monthly of $621. I did the same calcs. on Leaseguide's calculator and I was at $568. And this was without any further negotiating or any other cost reduction methods...

BTW, where is this sub-forum?
Actually this is the proper sub-forum, you'll want to read through some of the ED specific threads to get some ideas on which dealer might suite you best.

BTW, it might seem like a headache at this point, but doing ED was one of the best things I ever did. Can't wait to go back!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #176
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
I had the same question initially but I think the time spent on dealing with the amount of paper work that's involved with ED, the CA can spend his/her time trying to make a real profit off a sucker who's willing to pay MSRP so they tell you they can't get anywhere close to invoice in hopes you just go away lol...my .02.

I just priced out my 335i ED and got an offer of $500 over invoice. No loyalty discount since I'm coming from an A4 but what is this additional $1000 bonus you speak of?
Appreciate 0