F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Anyone getting a f30 BELOW invoice?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #133
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
A fair deal is $500 over invoice. This means you'll have to pay the 180$ training and $400 MACO "fees" in addition though. (You'd have to negotiate really hard to not pay them).

Do the math for the financing bit. I got 1.59% for 60 mo financing through BofA and still got the $1,500 USAA rebate. This is a better deal than getting the $1,000 Holiday cash and $1,000 USAA rebate at a rate of 3.29%. This will be done when you actually purchase the car, don't get any of the "extras" when you are with the financing guy cuz it's all a rip off. And remember, the deposit is refundable always.

I'm not sure whether the college grad incentive is stackable. PM me if u got any questions, I did some hard nosed negotiating and contacted about 15 BMW dealerships in doing research.
Is the deposit actually refundable? According to the document it's non-refundable, and the "purchase agreement" that I signed has to pull some legal weight, no?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, where I already put down a 1k deposit on an ordered 335 and think I got a somewhat mediocre deal - college grad + holiday incentive priced at 1k over invoice + 190 dealer fees. I was thinking a 335 allocation would be harder to come by, but reading posts here makes me think otherwise...
      11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #134
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Is the deposit actually refundable? According to the document it's non-refundable, and the "purchase agreement" that I signed has to pull some legal weight, no?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, where I already put down a 1k deposit on an ordered 335 and think I got a somewhat mediocre deal - college grad + holiday incentive priced at 1k over invoice + 190 dealer fees. I was thinking a 335 allocation would be harder to come by, but reading posts here makes me think otherwise...
Wait, did you pay $1,190 over invoice AFTER deducing the incentives? So the true price you paid was close to $3k over invoice? If so, even if you have to talk away from a $1k deposit you can easily save money by negotiating a better deal.

If you paid $1,190 over invoice before incentives, that's not too bad, although if you shop around you could probably shave a few hundred off.

As for the deposit itself, I also signed a document saying it was non-refundable, but I've read online that in most cases it actually is refundable. Not sure why that is; perhaps someone else can explain.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #135
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:

The deposit is refundable. You could always make crap up like you lost your job and all the dealerships are very sympathetic. Plus, you could always talk to the GM to get it back.

You can always negociate a better deal while they have your deposit. Your deal sounds fair though, as long as it's 1k over invoice BEFORE USAA rebate. If they are also willing to eat the MACO score then even better (you have to make sure they'll eat this before hand or they'll bring it up during the final purchase time, just ask for Out the door price)

by the way, you are correct, the 335i is very scarce on dealer lots. I had to order mine as they had none at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #136
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Why does everyone seem to do the research on pricing AFTER they sign the buyer's order?

Most states mandate that all deposits are to be returned. In fact, in many cases, you're not obligated to actually purchase the car you ordered and/or you have xx days to return a car no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #137
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Just curious but is average invoice in the states $39,555? This was just what I found searching around online. I'm stationed overseas and we have a BMW Military Sales you can take advantage of while serving overseas and was curious how well of a deal we are receiving. Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #138
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The deposit is refundable. You could always make crap up like you lost your job and all the dealerships are very sympathetic. Plus, you could always talk to the GM to get it back.

You can always negociate a better deal while they have your deposit. Your deal sounds fair though, as long as it's 1k over invoice BEFORE USAA rebate. If they are also willing to eat the MACO score then even better (you have to make sure they'll eat this before hand or they'll bring it up during the final purchase time, just ask for Out the door price)

by the way, you are correct, the 335i is very scarce on dealer lots. I had to order mine as they had none at the dealership.
The deal was 1K over AFTER all incentives were applied, so yea, I think this was 3K over invoice until college grad + holiday incentives. I didn't realize people were able get this price and apply incentives until after reading the forums closer. My excuse is I needed place the order asap to get the car before starting a new job.

As I mentioned in another thread, I contacted the CA about applying the incentives to my price (1K + invoice) and this was his response: When we spoke of price a few days ago I agreed I would sell you the 335 at 1,000 over invoice. We are absorbing all rebates and discounting the vehicle to meet that price.
      11-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #139
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
The deal was 1K over AFTER all incentives were applied, so yea, I think this was 3K over invoice until college grad + holiday incentives. I didn't realize people were able get this price and apply incentives until after reading the forums closer. My excuse is I needed place the order asap to get the car before starting a new job.

As I mentioned in another thread, I contacted the CA about applying the incentives to my price (1K + invoice) and this was his response: When we spoke of price a few days ago I agreed I would sell you the 335 at 1,000 over invoice. We are absorbing all rebates and discounting the vehicle to meet that price.
It's not the end of the world if you pay a more than some folks here were able to get. If you are satisfied with the deal (value?) that you're getting, that is all that matters.

Keep in mind, 335i (probably even more so, xDrive) are very scarce. So the dealer is not going to be as flexible as with a 328i that has been sitting on the lot since August, or even March.

I got a better deal (invoice + $xxx) on the ActiveHybrid 3, vs. the same-equipped 335i. It all boils down to how eager the dealer is to sell you the car. Most seem to believe that 335i models, especially German built ones, don't need aggressive discounting to move off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
It's not the end of the world if you pay a more than some folks here were able to get. If you are satisfied with the deal (value?) that you're getting, that is all that matters.

Keep in mind, 335i (probably even more so, xDrive) are very scarce. So the dealer is not going to be as flexible as with a 328i that has been sitting on the lot since August, or even March.

I got a better deal (invoice + $xxx) on the ActiveHybrid 3, vs. the same-equipped 335i. It all boils down to how eager the dealer is to sell you the car. Most seem to believe that 335i models, especially German built ones, don't need aggressive discounting to move off the lot.
Yea, I agree with this and in all honesty we are talking a difference of 1K on a 50K+ car which works out to around 2% increase in cost, which when financing is a couple qudoba burritos a month. The other issue that was nagging me was the apparent difference in sale price between the midwest and the coasts, which you can see while using edmonds pricing guides. My rational was I need the car soon (German allocation), it is pretty rare to come by on the lot, the mid-west gets bad pricing, and I only have 1K of incentives in college-grad to begin with (was negotiating before holiday incentive).

In contrast, this super arrogant dealer at south bend Indiana was only giving me 500 off MSRP(!) with multiple test drives and trips to dealership...he made it clear "we don't sell BMW's near invoice price".
      11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #141
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Why does everyone seem to do the research on pricing AFTER they sign the buyer's order?
Doesn't seem like this to me...appears that pretty much everyone here did a MUCH better job negotiating than myself Oh well...you live and you learn.
      11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #142
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Doesn't seem like this to me...appears that pretty much everyone here did a MUCH better job negotiating than myself Oh well...you live and you learn.
Don't worry about it. My CA told me that they only make 25% bonus off the offer or $250 whichever is more. Mine made a total of 80$ off the deal so obviously he wasn't thrilled at just making $250.

Remember, here in socal we have about 20 dealership within 100 miles of Los Angeles. It's competitive. I think you got a good deal for your location plus the dealership should be happy and treat you right.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #143
g2g8969
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Quote:
Don't worry about it. My CA told me that they only make 25% bonus off the offer or $250 whichever is more. Mine made a total of 80$ off the deal so obviously he wasn't thrilled at just making $250.

Remember, here in socal we have about 20 dealership within 100 miles of Los Angeles. It's competitive. I think you got a good deal for your location plus the dealership should be happy and treat you right.
yep I had to go to over 10 dealerships in socal until I got my deal. Your car sounds amazing, let the wait begin
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #144
hkguysfo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

PM me info

ES TRADER,

Can you PM me your contact?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #145
TACA A320
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport 6MT, E90 328i

Mine came out to about $900 above invoice on the F30 I ordered. Was told right off the bat by the dealer that the $1k deposit was refundable and I would get it back on delivery day. My lease was a sign and drive with the cost of the tag already rolled into the payment (literally no money at all down on delivery day)
      01-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #146
335i MSport
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Estoril -on order

2013 F30 335 M-Sport EB, every option/package for $600 over invoice. Plus got $1750 off on top of that for owner loyalty/holiday incentives. And topped it off with PCD. Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #147
DZone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Mineral White

I just ordered my first BMW, a 2013 335i and I'm thrilled with the deal I received.

BASE MSRP $43,150
Luxury Line $1,400
Mineral White Metallic $550
Leather Dakota Saddle Brown exclusive stitching $0
Burled Walnut Trim with Inlay $0
Driver Assistance Package $1,900
Premium Package $2,200
Technology Package $3,100
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission $0
Heated front seats $500
Rear manual side window shades $575
Harman Kardon surround sound system $875
Destination & Handling: $895

Total MSRP: $55,145

My price: $51,837
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #148
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS, X3M

Leased mine in November. MSRP 55520. My price 51200 + title/Tag + 299$ doc. fee
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #149
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkguysfo View Post
ES TRADER,

Can you PM me your contact?

Thanks in advance.
Hahaha...........I know who it is.............
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #150
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

F30 335xi ED

Hey guys, new member to BP.

Just curious what everyone thinks would be a good price on a MY 13' 335xi M-sport EB II w/ Tech and Driver Assist pkg, black leatherette, heated fronts and 6spd MT (keep in mind European Delivery as well).

I'm not sure what discounts/incentives are out right now since the holidays are over. This will be my first BMW as well as my first NEW vehicle purchase. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I need to negotiate the price with a SA before I give in to a deal lol. Truecar is giving me an invoice of $51,905 but I'm not sure how accurate that figure is, not to mention if ED might play a role in the price as well. Any assistance from seasoned members and those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. If anyone can name a few reputable dealers in the Tri-state they've had good experiences with that would be much appreciated as well!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #151
uucuu3
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
Hey guys, new member to BP.

Just curious what everyone thinks would be a good price on a MY 13' 335xi M-sport EB II w/ Tech and Driver Assist pkg, black leatherette, heated fronts and 6spd MT (keep in mind European Delivery as well).

I'm not sure what discounts/incentives are out right now since the holidays are over. This will be my first BMW as well as my first NEW vehicle purchase. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much I need to negotiate the price with a SA before I give in to a deal lol. Truecar is giving me an invoice of $51,905 but I'm not sure how accurate that figure is, not to mention if ED might play a role in the price as well. Any assistance from seasoned members and those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. If anyone can name a few reputable dealers in the Tri-state they've had good experiences with that would be much appreciated as well!!
Negotiate your best deal off of US pricing then discuss ED. There are a lot of threads that discuss ED in great detail on these forums, and the difference in pricing between US delivery and ED is cut and dried, no negotiating necessary. I am ordering a loaded ActiveHybrid 3 and the ED discount would have been about $3,200 had I chosen to take it. I passed as my car is being built this week and winter pickups have extra stipulations (winter tires or chains may be required I understand), as well as weather-related travel risk. The dealer agreed to price the car at $500 over invoice before I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #152
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uucuu3 View Post
Negotiate your best deal off of US pricing then discuss ED. There are a lot of threads that discuss ED in great detail on these forums, and the difference in pricing between US delivery and ED is cut and dried, no negotiating necessary. I am ordering a loaded ActiveHybrid 3 and the ED discount would have been about $3,200 had I chosen to take it. I passed as my car is being built this week and winter pickups have extra stipulations (winter tires or chains may be required I understand), as well as weather-related travel risk. The dealer agreed to price the car at $500 over invoice before I placed my order.
That's good to know, thanks for the info. For me, ED won't be as much of an issue since I don't plan on traveling until late June early July. I'm going to be attending a friends bachelor party in Germany so it works out perfectly.

So if I understand you correctly...I should negotiate the US price first and bring up the fact that I would like to arrange for ED at the very end to cut the price down even further? Does the price that Truecar gave me seem accurate for the invoice on my configurations? I tried using bmwconfig but I don't know if it's down or if my browser just won't support it (Mac OS) getting a blank screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #153
uucuu3
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamouz627 View Post
That's good to know, thanks for the info. For me, ED won't be as much of an issue since I don't plan on traveling until late June early July. I'm going to be attending a friends bachelor party in Germany so it works out perfectly.

So if I understand you correctly...I should negotiate the US price first and bring up the fact that I would like to arrange for ED at the very end to cut the price down even further? Does the price that Truecar gave me seem accurate for the invoice on my configurations? I tried using bmwconfig but I don't know if it's down or if my browser just won't support it (Mac OS) getting a blank screen.
BmwConfig.com will show you both MSRP and Invoice for any vehicle you spec out. There is also a drop down box in the upper right hand corner that will show either (a) USA Port of Entry pricing, (b) European Delivery Munich pick up, or (c) Diplomatic pricing, so there is no guessing about how much you are paying over stated invoice in either case. The only other variables are a couple of fees (such as a training fee and a local advertising fund fee) that the dealer may want to add on. People report varying success in negotiating those fees away on deals priced close to invoice.

I have found BmwConfig to be intermittently unavailable, or it will not connect on one try and will on the next. I have Windows 7.

Also, my memory was a little off on the USA vs. ED pricing on my loaded AH3, the difference was $3,400. That should cover your trip costs if you fly coach. The dealer doesn't lose any profit, it just requires a little extra effort for them to initiate it up for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #154
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

I shopped around for a F30. Most of the dealerships around me said that there isn't any room for negotiations because BMW had an AMAZING December with the Holiday Credit. The only credit available now is the Loyalty Cash + USAA (if you are a member). Other than that, there isn't anything available. Maybe the dealerships around me didn't want to deal with me... But I was looking for a Bare Minimum 335i. All I wanted was: AW, Black Leatherette, M-Sport F30 335i with the Sport Transmission and maybe the Tech Pkg. (But seems like I will have to order one cause everything dealers have are pretty much loaded 335i's)
Appreciate 0