F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Question to those who have taken PDC delivery
ARMA SPEED

01-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
jletkowicz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Question to those who have taken PDC delivery

I have a 335i X drive on order for delivery at the Performance Driving Center next month.

I have been reading all these horror stories of dealers installing license plate frames on the front bumper of cars.

My state does not have a front plate requirement. Do I have anything to worry about? Is there a way I can ensure that no holes are drilled in the front bumper before I travel down to South Carolina? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

They won't put it on, unless you ask them to. The guys at PCD are very aware of this type of concern. They're not like your average dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Bad ASS, had no idea I could take delivery there!! So can one ED in Europe, ship to SC, take the course, and drive home?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Bad ASS, had no idea I could take delivery there!! So can one ED in Europe, ship to SC, take the course, and drive home?
Yep that's what I did. And I'm going back for a second trip on Friday.

To clarify, it's Performance Center Delivery you can do when picking up your car, not Performance Driving School.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
DmitryF30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
2012 328i  [9.00]
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jletkowicz View Post
My state does not have a front plate requirement. Do I have anything to worry about? Is there a way I can ensure that no holes are drilled in the front bumper before I travel down to South Carolina? Thanks.
Your car will be OK. Bring your temporary tags from the dealer with you and the guys at PDC will put it on the back while you are taking delivery. The men and women working at the center are car enthusiasts themselves, typically have more experience than an average dealership employee, and appreciate "unmolested" bumpers.

I am envious of your upcoming adventure: have fun and soak it all in.

"I don't always buy new bimmers, but when I do, I prefer picking them up in Greer!"
E60 M5 SMG - retired

F30 328i MT - daily driver
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
CE750Jockey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M240 'vert 6MT

I was just there several days ago. Firstly, don't worry about the front plate. It will NOT be on unless you tell 'em to put it on. Second, if you don't bring your own plate, don't worry, they'll give you a 30-day SC temp tag. Thirdly, make damn sure your phone is charged up AND you have enough space to take pics and video. I ran out and missed some action. Finally, DO NOT miss the "Hot Lap" in the M5 with their professional driver. You'll depart the car with adrenaline coursing through your body, and a perma-smile that you won't be able to remove. I loved ED, but the PCD is an amazing experience. You're gonna love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's that good.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryF30 View Post
"I don't always buy new bimmers, but when I do, I prefer picking them up in Greer!"
Ha, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
They won't put it on, unless you ask them to. The guys at PCD are very aware of this type of concern. They're not like your average dealer.
Agree, with SamS, the PDC is definitely aware of client's requests and do their best to accomodate them. They typically deal with Performance Delivery Clients or with Performance Center Students, that's pretty much all I believe.

One thing that will help you out jletkowicz, is the fact South Carolina does not require front license plates so, due to that alone, the center probably won't have them installed.

One last note, have fun, do the factory tour, do the off-road course (it's short but cool) and check out the museum. I unfortunately did not see the museum so, if you do go, I'd be curious to see some pics.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

The guys at the performance center are some of the coolest you will meet. They will not drill a hole on your car without you standing there and telling them before they drill each hole. Everything was a blast , except the museum is very small and there is not much to see. The staff understand most who will do this "experience" are enthusiasts and they act according. I can not wait to go back. That track is addictive.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
jletkowicz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Thanks all for your prompt answers. I'm pumped up and can't wait for the next 5 weeks to pass.
Appreciate 0