F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Recommended Detailing in Sydney
VIBE Motorsports

11-17-2017, 01:09 AM   #1
GUN_BMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M-SPORT

Recommended Detailing in Sydney

Hi all, I am a relatively new BMW owner (picked up my 2012 MY13 328i about 4 months ago) and an even newer forum member, only just signing up... So far, I've been loving the car...

I typically wash the car every other weekend (except when its raining) and garage it every night (I pretty much garage it whenever its not being used). However I want to get it detailed - Although it probably doesnt need it at this stage... So I am wondering if anyone has any detailing places they recommend...? And also, what would you recommend getting done...?

There are plenty of Car Detailing places in Sydney and it wouldn't be hard to drive into one and get the job done...but I figured I would ask here first... as who know what you may come across.
Attached Images

Last edited by GUN_BMW; 11-17-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #2
Sherweeeny
New kid on the block
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

nice car mate

depends what you want to get done. ceramic coating would be the only reason I would detail mine for, otherwise id wait until the paint has some swirl marks or imperfections on it

Theres Raj at TWD, or Car care products do detailing and have classes etc etc
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
donR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E91 335i, B5 RS4, F31 330i

Garage List
If you are lower North Shore Definitive Detailing in Lane Cover seems good.

I had the BRILA glass bead coating done which includes a stage 1 correction and courtesy car. Our car is in the elements 24/7 and we can leave it a good month without washing and the coating seems to keep working.

There's a video and a few photo comparisons at the bottom of this page:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1403707&page=2

If you are particular about getting rid of swirls I would go with at least a stage 2 correction. Stage 1 is not enough but still looks good.

If your car spends most of its time in a closed garage then I see the coatings as being optional, particularly if you like washing your car every second week. Something like Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (easy to apply) will last atleast month or so anyway if you car is kept inside.
Appreciate 0